James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy

Started by Darkoo, Jul 18, 2007, 04:12:35 PM

Author
James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy (Read 730,908 times)

ralfy

Same with others who won't walk away from the likes of Barbie, etc., but they can and sometimes do.

Nightmare Asylum

James Cameron created Avatar as a fertile playground in which he can explore all of the ideas he wants to explore right now and get them on screen, and he has had resounding success in doing so – clearly audiences are eating these movies up.

I'd be hard pressed to imagine him throwing all of that away to return to a series that he didn't create and hasn't been involved with since 1986, and I'd be equally hard pressed to imagine that anyone that isn't into James Cameron's contemporary work would even be fond of what he'd likely do with a new Alien film nowadays anyways.

ralfy

ralfy

That's why the new movie is better than the previous one. /s

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah it's really bad. /s

irn

That's good news. Having the future third highest grossing film in history being called The Seed Bearer might be too much.

ralfy

Slangwise, "bad" means "good". Meanwhile, in terms of revenues, it's like McDonaldization.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

'Avatar 3' Has 'Greater Character Depth' and 'Avatar 4' Has a Six-Year Time Jump, Reveals James Cameron: Filming Continues 'After Three Is Released'

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/avatar-4-time-jump-james-cameron-shot-half-film-1235835128/

Shot in the dark here, but it's just a gut feeling I've had for a while in regards to the sequels and these comments from Jimbo seem to solidify it in my mind: I bet Jake dies in the third one, and the opening of the fourth deals with some of the immediate fallout/ramifications of that before jumping (which we now know will be a six year jump) far enough into the future to further plant the children (young adults by that point, really) firmly as the leads for the last two installments.

Immortan Jonesy

BlueMarsalis79

It's about f**king time.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

Quote"We're fully written through movie five, and I've got ideas for six and seven, although I'll probably be handing the baton on at that point. I mean, mortality catches up. But I mean, we're enjoying what we're doing. We're loving it. We get to work with great people."

https://collider.com/james-cameron-avatar-6-7-ideas/

Nightmare Asylum

Lyle hive rise up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed