James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy

Started by Darkoo, Jul 18, 2007, 04:12:35 PM

Author
James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy (Read 730,881 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Wweyland

Looks good, I hope it's not as forgettable as the first Avatar game.

Immortan Jonesy

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/BillHuntBits/status/1724809915410321614

More than a little annoyed about the Avatar release here, since it includes the alt. cuts of the film that were not on the release from just a few months back. Hate when the studio expects double dipping like this.....

KiramidHead

There are three versions of Avatar?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 15, 2023, 04:04:22 PMThere are three versions of Avatar?

Yep. The Special Edition adds a few extra minutes to the film and was done as a theatrical re-release in early 2010. Later on in 2010, the Collector's Extended Cut, which added even more back to the movie, was released on Blu-ray.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 15, 2023, 04:08:12 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 15, 2023, 04:04:22 PMThere are three versions of Avatar?

Yep. The Special Edition adds a few extra minutes to the film and was done as a theatrical re-release in early 2010. Later on in 2010, the Collector's Extended Cut, which added even more back to the movie, was released on Blu-ray.

Ah, I knew about the extended cut but not the special edition.

Nightmare Asylum

If you want to get technical, you could actually argue that there are five different cuts. In addition to the three core versions, there's also the family friendly audio track version (which, shockingly, is not a Disney thing! That was something Cameron released back in 2010) and the re-release version from 2022 which is, for all intents and purposes, the theatrical cut, but with an additional brief exchange between Parker and Jake at the end which sets up the RDA's return in the sequel.

Nightmare Asylum

ralfy

Just stop making Avatar movies. Come back to the Alien franchise.

BlueMarsalis79

Let him do what he wants.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ralfy on Nov 22, 2023, 12:36:28 AMJust stop making Avatar movies. Come back to the Alien franchise.

I can't imagine that anyone wanting him to step away from the Avatar movies would actually like anything he'd use a new Alien movie to say/do.

Local Trouble

I say we let the Strause brothers take another crack.

ralfy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 22, 2023, 03:20:49 AM
Quote from: ralfy on Nov 22, 2023, 12:36:28 AMJust stop making Avatar movies. Come back to the Alien franchise.

I can't imagine that anyone wanting him to step away from the Avatar movies would actually like anything he'd use a new Alien movie to say/do.

I'm trying to figure out that sentence. Meanwhile, I admire the effort he put into writing Aliens, which is the reason why I think he should go back. I can't say the same for the content of the recent Avatar movie.

nanison

He will not walk away from the most successful movie franchise of all time

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed