Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,931 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 09, 2010, 03:55:51 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 09, 2010, 03:52:02 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 03:48:55 AM
QuoteNo, it's all guerilla shooting. Permits cost moolah

Then you kinda lose any legit right to bitch about people walking through your shot.  Even if they are douches.

It's still courtesy dude. Imagine if you were recording a sound board or rather and someone decided to start screaming into the mic.
I understand what you mean. I hate the attitude of people that "can't be bothered" to step around the shot when there is obviously filming going on.

It's that attitude of "I have a right to walk here so I'm going to piss on your parade just for the hell of it", you know? Seriously, grow the f**k up.

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 04:00:15 AM
QuoteIt's still courtesy dude. Imagine if you were recording a sound board or rather and someone decided to start screaming into the mic.

If I'm in a public area - too bad so sad for me.  Even if I'm not in a pubic area, it's the danger of trying to record something in an uncontrolled environment.

I've be out in the backyard trying to record foley sound effects for a Nazi soldier walking through a forest in 1942 and I get some fecking parakeet squawking all over it.  Certainly the parakeet is a douche too - but what are ya gunna do?

Plus you can keep that stuff for the gag reel.  ;D

Shoot it.

Geronimo

Geronimo

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 04:09:03 AM
QuoteThe clip you didn't get to run is him saying that when people say  "Why do you do it? Are you a war junky?" he doesn't say a word because they will never understand that it is about fighting for the man next to you.

I'm not saying use anti war proestors as body shields, the line doesn't even literally mean that. Again, I goofed up when quoting.

As for the quote - seems to be about brotherhood more than anything else.  Neither pro nor anti-war, and of dubious relevance.
But! Nah, I can take that answer.

What I goofed on....

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 09, 2010, 03:18:31 AM
Quote from: Geronimo on Dec 09, 2010, 03:17:39 AM
..anti-war protestors need to be human shields or shut the f**k up.

You provided me with the only reasonable response.

QuoteAnd how can "(If you don't support our troops than feel free to stand infront of them!)" be construed any way other than "Stand there and be shot"?
It's just a nation wide support our troops thing that everyone likes. A signature line or motto or something.

SM

SM

And the goof is where?

Do you mean you shoulda put "Yes, you make an interesting point" rather than copping out with facepalm pic?

QuoteShoot it.

Too many and too fast.  Little buggers...

Oh, and nothing with which to shoot them apart from a camera.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Maybe the idea of going public will scare them away. Works with puny humans.

Geronimo

Geronimo

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 04:20:17 AM
And the goof is where?

Do you mean you shoulda put "Yes, you make an interesting point" rather than copping out with facepalm pic?

QuoteShoot it.

Too many and too fast.  Little buggers...

Oh, and nothing with which to shoot them apart from a camera.
You said "..anti-war protestors need to be human shields or shut the f**k up."

As I was quoting your post I somehow goofed and I accidenty made it look like I said the same thing as a reply.

SM

SM

So what were you trying to say exactly?

Geronimo

Geronimo

Well I did say it after I edited it.
Quote from: Geronimo on Dec 09, 2010, 03:17:39 AM

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 03:14:19 AM

..anti-war protestors need to be human shields or shut the f**k up.

Glad we got that sorted out...

And you already know the response was because...

Quote from: Geronimo on Dec 09, 2010, 04:17:20 AM
It's just a nation wide support our troops thing that everyone likes. A signature line or motto or something.

Edit: I now remember talking about this sort of thing before. I should of remembered to keep my mouth zip about anti war protestors. I may not agree with it but damn it they have the freedom to peaceful protest and I should respect that. But keep in mind soldiers in wars before died for that freedom.

SM

SM

Has Canada ever been seriously threatened since 1812?

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 05:06:19 AM
Has Canada ever been seriously threatened since 1812?

They changed the Hockey Night In Canada theme song a few years ago. Passions were so high, all our igloos melted.

SM

SM

Buncha pussies bitchin' about their hockey, eh!

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 05:19:31 AM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs224.ash2/50274_2259523604_1809481_n.jpg

Buncha pussies bitchin' about their hockey, eh!
Said Crocodile Dundee with a smug sense of self-satisfaction.

SM

SM

You trying to say Relic looks like Crocodile Dundee?  What's all that aboot?

Space Sweeper

Maybe I shouldn't have included the picture in the quote.

Sorry, my fingers are just so damn frozen I'm trying to do as little work as possible.
Also, I just had an ice cream sammich, so I have a bit of brain freeze as well- so same deal as above.

SM

SM

And maybe I shouldn't be wasting TV show references for a show that finished it's 18 year run 4 years before you were born...

Bugger...

Space Sweeper

Stuff happened before I was born? Shit. Looks like I've got some catching up to do.  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed