Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,874 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 09, 2010, 03:15:54 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 03:14:19 AM
How dare they walk in public!!

Well I mean come on, the camera is pretty well visible, we're setting up a scene, like...it doesn't take much to just go around. It's just courtesy.

Believe me when I say people will actually stop, look at us, see the camera, and walk right through the shot. It pisses me off.

there is this magic thing called yellow tape. you delimit a place you dont want morons walking and they just dont.

stupid people, even smart people when they dont pay attention need to bump agaisnt something to notice it.

SM

SM

Quote from: Geronimo on Dec 09, 2010, 03:20:20 AM
I goofed on the quote.
Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 03:19:53 AM
Your words.  Don't blame others if you can't make yourself coherent without relying on nuggets from Eric Bana with a dodgy accent.
What does that mean?

What is not clear?

Geronimo

Geronimo

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 03:22:45 AM
I goofed on the quote.
Your words.  Don't blame others if you can't make yourself coherent without relying on nuggets from Eric Bana with a dodgy accent.
What does that mean?

What is not clear?
relying on nuggets from Eric Bana with a dodgy accent.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Geronimo on Dec 09, 2010, 03:23:51 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 03:22:45 AM
I goofed on the quote.
What does that mean?

What is not clear?
relying on nuggets from Eric Bana with a dodgy accent.
Relying on using the clip from Black Hawk Down. Eric Bana is the actor.

SM

SM

Quoterelying on nuggets from Eric Bana with a dodgy accent.

Your clip from Black Hawk Down (that I couldn't get to run).

The actor in the picture is called Eric Bana, and his accent in Black Hawk Down was dodgy.

It has fortunately improved somewhat since.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

QuoteWell I mean come on, the camera is pretty well visible, we're setting up a scene, like...it doesn't take much to just go around. It's just courtesy.

Could also be courtesy to set up in a spot that's not high traffic.

Do you guys get permits?

No, it's all guerilla shooting. Permits cost moolah :P

Well that's just being a douche.

Hence my frustration.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Dec 09, 2010, 03:21:42 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 09, 2010, 03:15:54 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 03:14:19 AM
How dare they walk in public!!

Well I mean come on, the camera is pretty well visible, we're setting up a scene, like...it doesn't take much to just go around. It's just courtesy.

Believe me when I say people will actually stop, look at us, see the camera, and walk right through the shot. It pisses me off.

there is this magic thing called yellow tape. you delimit a place you dont want morons walking and they just dont.

Need a permit which again, we don't have.

Pn2501

Pn2501

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JDXeeTFOSg#

the best thing Eric Bana ever did.

"you f**king tip rat"

also f**k "friends" i cant understand why anyone liked that show.

SM

SM

QuoteNo, it's all guerilla shooting. Permits cost moolah

Then you kinda lose any legit right to bitch about people walking through your shot.  Even if they are douches.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Pn2501 on Dec 09, 2010, 03:42:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JDXeeTFOSg#

the best thing Eric Bana ever did.
Damn, man. Pn, I have much to gain from you.. gonna check that out as well as Ghost in the Shell.

So far, I think the best thing I've seen Bana do was Munich.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 03:48:55 AM

Then you kinda lose any legit right to bitch about people walking through your shot.  Even if they are douches.

It's still courtesy dude. Imagine if you were recording a sound board or rather and someone decided to start screaming into the mic.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 09, 2010, 03:52:02 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 03:48:55 AM

It's still courtesy dude. Imagine if you were recording a sound board or rather and someone decided to start screaming into the mic.
I understand what you mean. I hate the attitude of people that "can't be bothered" to step around the shot when there is obviously filming going on.

SM

SM

QuoteIt's still courtesy dude. Imagine if you were recording a sound board or rather and someone decided to start screaming into the mic.

If I'm in a public area - too bad so sad for me.  Even if I'm not in a pubic area, it's the danger of trying to record something in an uncontrolled environment.

I've be out in the backyard trying to record foley sound effects for a Nazi soldier walking through a forest in 1942 and I get some fecking parakeet squawking all over it.  Certainly the parakeet is a douche too - but what are ya gunna do?

Plus you can keep that stuff for the gag reel.  ;D

Geronimo

Geronimo

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 03:25:57 AM
Quoterelying on nuggets from Eric Bana with a dodgy accent.

Your clip from Black Hawk Down (that I couldn't get to run).

The actor in the picture is called Eric Bana, and his accent in Black Hawk Down was dodgy.

It has fortunately improved somewhat since.

Why didn't I see that before?  ???

The clip you didn't get to run is him saying that when people say  "Why do you do it? Are you a war junky?" he doesn't say a word because they will never understand that it is about fighting for the man next to you.

I'm not saying use anti war proestors as body shields, the line doesn't even literally mean that. Again, I goofed up when quoting.

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 04:00:15 AM
Even if I'm not in a pubic area

Typos are one of the things I do not hate in the world.

SM

SM

QuoteThe clip you didn't get to run is him saying that when people say  "Why do you do it? Are you a war junky?" he doesn't say a word because they will never understand that it is about fighting for the man next to you.

I'm not saying use anti war proestors as body shields, the line doesn't even literally mean that. Again, I goofed up when quoting.

Which quote did you goof on?

And how can "(If you don't support our troops than feel free to stand infront of them!)" be construed any way other than "Stand there and be shot"?

As for the quote - seems to be about brotherhood more than anything else.  Neither pro nor anti-war, and of dubious relevance.

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Dec 09, 2010, 04:01:47 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2010, 04:00:15 AM
Even if I'm not in a pubic area

Typos are one of the things I do not hate in the world.

:D

If there was one word I was going to misspell...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed