Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,857 times)

Keg

Keg

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 21, 2010, 02:30:03 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 21, 2010, 02:27:18 PM
Not everyone can or wants to eat cows. Ever heard of Hindus?
F**k.
Pigs then.
Sheep.
Chicken.

So why is it acceptable to eat those over other animals? Because the society you live in and the way you have been brought up have ingrained that into your brain. Here in the UK the thought of eating Horse meat repulses alot of people but its not a problem in France or Italy. Does it make it wrong to eat horse meat because its not the "done" thing here in the UK? Of course it doesnt.

F**k.
Pigs then.
Sheep.
Chicken.

jewish people can't eat pigs :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 21, 2010, 02:32:28 PM
I don't know what you're complaining about...
If we can use one resource to eat, why must we use another one? Just f**kin use what we have usually instead of going for the cool, exotic meat (alas Crocodiles, Whales, etc.)

Not counting coats... I hate anyone who uses Tigers, Lions and other animals to make coats, or crocodiles to make shoes. Cruel monsters they are.

Quote from: Keg on Sep 21, 2010, 02:32:54 PM
So why is it acceptable to eat those over other animals? Because the society you live in and the way you have been brought up have ingrained that into your brain.
No, simply because using Alligator meat when we have cows, pigs and chicken at the reach of hand, is pointless.

Quote from: Keg on Sep 21, 2010, 02:32:54 PM
Here in the UK the thought of eating Horse meat repulses alot of people but its not a problem in France or Italy.
Oh, no. Here in Italy Horse meat isn't that of a commercial success.

Quote from: AvatarIII on Sep 21, 2010, 02:36:28 PM
F**k.
Pigs then.
Sheep.
Chicken.

jewish people can't eat pigs :P

HNNNGGGHHHHH

BANE

BANE

QuoteNo, simply because using Alligator meat when we have cows, pigs and chicken at the reach of hand, is pointless.
Ok, so the next time you buy a new DVD or Blu Ray, I'm going to say that that's pointless and stupid because you already have DVD's and Blu Rays you can use perfectly fine. Why expand your collection? Why watch more, when you can use the ones you have in reach? WHY WHY WHY!!!???

Keg

Keg

Didnt say horse meat was a commercial success but in France and Italy you'd find it on a menu a hell of alot more than you would in the UK thats for sure.

And what if Alligator meat is in abundance and is at the reach of hand? Is it then ok to eat it? So for example by that reckoning it should be fine to chomp on some gator meat in Louisiana because theyre at hand, and theres plenty of them?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 21, 2010, 02:15:50 PM
... 'mkay.
It's a pointless thing made for the sake of luxury (man, it's not the exact term.... don't know how to say it, it's living with a constant spending for exotic and expensive things) and snobness.
It's not always about luxury or status. The food is unique and not very expensive and many articles are durable without costing too much, either.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 21, 2010, 02:25:34 PM
Then I don't know why they can't just use the usual cows or [insert usual farm animal here]
Because cows can't be raised just anywhere and their product is expensive to ship.

F**k.
Pigs then.
Sheep.
Chicken.
Let me get this straight: you prefer we don't kill dangerous creatures that can take care of themselves and we should slaughter clumsy and (somewhat) cute animals instead? Do you have an uncle named "Fester"?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 21, 2010, 02:42:52 PM
QuoteNo, simply because using Alligator meat when we have cows, pigs and chicken at the reach of hand, is pointless.
Ok, so the next time you buy a new DVD or Blu Ray, I'm going to say that that's pointless and stupid because you already have DVD's and Blu Rays you can use perfectly fine. Why expand your collection? Why watch more, when you can use the ones you have in reach? WHY WHY WHY!!!???
Sir, it's quite not the same thing. We are confronting unanimated and ornament objects vs living beings.
We have usual farm animals all around the world. Alligators/Whales/Sharks are killed and used as food for the sake of it, not because we are in a bloody need for it.

Quote from: Keg on Sep 21, 2010, 02:45:30 PM
Didnt say horse meat was a commercial success but in France and Italy you'd find it on a menu a hell of alot more than you would in the UK thats for sure.
Can't say for France, but I've never seen a pack of Horse meat in either restaurants or Food shops.

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 21, 2010, 02:46:16 PM
Let me get this straight: you prefer we don't kill dangerous creatures that can take care of themselves and we should slaughter clumsy and (somewhat) cute animals instead?
We had for thousands of years sheep and cows and other farm animals to feed us. Why be redundant and go for exotic meat just for the sake of it?

Do you have an uncle named "Fester"?
No, he's called "Cthulhu".

Besides it's my opinion, we can end up here.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 21, 2010, 02:49:30 PM
We had for thousands of years sheep and cows and other farm animals to feed us. Why be redundant and go for exotic meat just for the sake of it?
We've been eating "exotic" creatures from times earlier than that. Oh, yeah: I also mentioned that it's not necessarily for reasons of status or exotic cuisine.

Do you have an uncle named "Fester"?
No, he's called "Cthulhu".
And you are called "Th'Culo".

Besides it's my opinion, we can end up here.
Except you're basing it on misconceptions and ignoring facts presented to you by other users.

BANE

BANE

QuoteSir, it's quite not the same thing. We are confronting unanimated and ornament objects vs living beings.
We have usual farm animals all around the world. Alligators/Whales/Sharks are killed and used as food for the sake of it, not because we are in a bloody need for it.
It's exactly the same thing. We need food, expanding your repertoire shoudln't be considered so bad. Eating cows and chickens and sheep and pigs is good and all, but if alligators and crocs are good for you and taste good to boot, then damned if I'll be stopped eating it because they're different.

Keg

Keg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/7182202/Horse-meat-faces-ban-in-Italy.html

Italy is the largest consumer of horsemeat in Europe with more than 48,000 metric tonnes eaten every year and it is a common dish among youngsters because of its high iron content.

According to the Food and Agriculture Organisation 213,000 horses are slaughtered in Italy every year but now politicians from all parties are considering banning its slaughter and sale.

Horse meat is used in a stew called pastissada (typical of Verona), served as horse or colt steaks, as carpaccio, or made into bresaola.

Horse fat is used in recipes such as "pezzetti di cavallo" (pieces of horsemeat) and another favourite dish is horse in a bed of rocket, dressed with olive oil and fresh lemon juice.

Also in Veneto, horsemeat sausages called "salsiccia di equino'' or salami, and thin strips of horse meat called "sfilacci'' are sold and it has 8 per cent of the country's national consumption.

According to figures from the Italian health department the average national consumption is around a kilo of horsemeat per year per person.

maledoro

maledoro

RE Keg's post: I had some nice goat meat the last time I had visited relatives in Italy. Squisito!

Keg

Keg

What was that like? Similar to Lamb?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Keg on Sep 21, 2010, 03:07:28 PM
What was that like? Similar to Lamb?
Yeah, in a way. It was very tender.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 21, 2010, 01:57:11 PM
About the only alligator that's endangered is the Chinese alligator, and most sharks are not in any danger of running extinct.

I wouldn't touch shark because of the inhumane ways the animals are treated. Shark fin soup, no thank you.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 21, 2010, 03:11:16 PM
I wouldn't touch shark because of the inhumane ways the animals are treated. Shark fin soup, no thank you.
Drizzle a little Pernod in it. You'll come around.
;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed