Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,895 times)

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Sep 18, 2010, 02:17:08 AM
at what speed does the universe expands anyways?
Clicky

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 18, 2010, 02:21:57 AM
Quote"A lot" is not the same thing as "all" or even "most" or "half". Plus, a scientific theory is much more than just "an accurate guess".
That's why I said "for the most part".
For the sake of inaccuracy?

And I know that a scientific theory is more than an accurate guess: it is a well thought out, well articulated, well-backed hypothesis with plenty of evidence to support it. However, when one dumbs it down, all it is (really) is an accurate guess.
And that's why it shouldn't be dumbed down.

I guess it could be infinitely finite?
That would be accurately inaccurate.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What I hate is people using contradictory words in one sentence >_<

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 18, 2010, 02:52:16 AM
What I hate is people using contradictory words in one sentence >_<
Don't hate me, hate BLAIN; I was only showing the absurdity of "infinitely finite".

SiL

SiL

When we say universe, do we mean the actual physical contents thereof, or the big black vacuum around it?

BANE

BANE

QuoteDon't hate me, hate BLAIN; I was only showing the absurdity of "infinitely finite".
Oh, come off it. I knew it was contradictory, I was just trying to say something absurd to illustrate how...confused I was.

urban_predator83

How do scientists know anything? Man kind can only orbit its own planet and travel to its own moon. I know there are satellites and space probes but still none of them has measured the universe. I believe these are all therioes and not scienific fact. I also believe all of these therioes are constructed by complex math but no one knows for sure.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: urban_predator83 on Sep 18, 2010, 03:52:18 AM
How do scientists know anything?

Inference from observation and experimentation.

QuoteMan kind can only orbit its own planet and travel to its own moon.[ I know there are satellites and space probes but still none of them has measured the universe.

Actually, they have, using something called redshift. Look it up; it's really quite fascinating.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 18, 2010, 03:28:24 AM
QuoteDon't hate me, hate BLAIN; I was only showing the absurdity of "infinitely finite".
Oh, come off it. I knew it was contradictory, I was just trying to say something absurd to illustrate how...confused I was.
Gotta love that post hoc explanation.

How do scientists know anything? Man kind can only orbit its own planet and travel to its own moon.
And other amazing feats since 1972.

I know there are satellites and space probes but still none of them has measured the universe.
They don't need to. There are many ways of doing this, SpaceMarines gave one way.

Going back to this:
Quote from: maledoro on Sep 18, 2010, 02:43:24 AM
And I know that a scientific theory is more than an accurate guess: it is a well thought out, well articulated, well-backed hypothesis with plenty of evidence to support it. However, when one dumbs it down, all it is (really) is an accurate guess.
And that's why it shouldn't be dumbed down.
Here's a great example of why it shouldn't be dumbed down:

I believe these are all therioes and not scienific fact. I also believe all of these therioes are constructed by complex math but no one knows for sure.
A scientific theory is more than just a swell idea. Here is an article that should define things.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 18, 2010, 10:36:08 AM
So the image of the woman tearing her hair out wasn't the least bit of a clue to you? :-\

Truly, you are the greatest troll of all :P

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: SiL on Sep 18, 2010, 11:20:12 AM
Quote from: maledoro on Sep 18, 2010, 10:36:08 AM
So the image of the woman tearing her hair out wasn't the least bit of a clue to you? :-\
It's not surprising. I'm used to users saying "I meant to do that" after they f**k up.

Quote from: SiL on Sep 18, 2010, 11:20:12 AM
Truly, you are the greatest troll of all :P
Truly. :P

BANE

BANE

QuoteIt's not surprising. I'm used to users saying "I meant to do that" after they f**k up.
I did it in the form of an image. I'm sorry if the intended message wasn't picked up on.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: JustADogChasingCars on Sep 16, 2010, 10:22:40 PM
I thought I was the only one who hates Family Guy.
Not by a long shot.
thought the same thing a while ago.
Fortunately I found out I was wrong. 8)

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 17, 2010, 02:45:39 AM
I love Family Guy, you people suck.
I hate Family Guy, you people suck.
:P

Quote from: urban_predator83 on Sep 17, 2010, 03:37:44 AM
Spaceballs is better though.
Spaceballs is beyond everything Family Guy and all its extentions will ever, ever be.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 18, 2010, 01:48:27 PM
Quote from: JustADogChasingCars on Sep 16, 2010, 10:22:40 PM
I thought I was the only one who hates Family Guy.
Not by a long shot.
thought the same thing a while ago.
Fortunately I found out I was wrong. 8)
Whys it matter if you were the only one who hates it  ::)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Is it better to be alone, or with at least someone that thinks the same as you?
The latter, by any means.
With more con-opinioners (sp? :P) there's the possibility to have more information on how to back up your point, be aided in discussion while in a not exactly advantageous situation, not to mean the satisfaction to see someone agrees with you for once.
Oh, and...
Elite Group sounds cooler than alone fighter.
:P

MrBrokenTusks.

You would never need really to defend your opinion, justify it yes but defend no.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed