Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,671 times)

SM

SM

Miles better.  When a gag doesn't come off in Robot Chicken, you only have to wait a very short time for one that does.  In Family Guy they presist with it and hammer it into the ground.

Lie

Lie

The fact that everything that has a beginning has an end.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Lie on Sep 18, 2010, 12:37:32 AM
Except the number infinity.

Lie

Lie

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 18, 2010, 12:38:01 AM
Quote from: Lie on Sep 18, 2010, 12:37:32 AM
Except the number infinity.

Infinity is the one thing that can't exist, looking at it from the long run would you say that the bug from Men in Black was right when he said that we live short pointless lives, I'm not getting melancholy or anything but does being rich or famous mean anything?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Sep 17, 2010, 03:40:32 AM
Can't think of any Star Wars parody off hand that isn't better than Blue Harvest.   The got so wrapped in their masturbating in recreating shots from Star Wars they forgot to write any jokes.

Though from all the other eps of Family Guy I've seen, this is nothing new.

The thing is with Family Guy, it's not trying to be something else. The show acknowledges its own silliness and plays to it. I like it because it doesn't take itself seriously. Seth McFarlane's attitude is basically "We know the show can be repetitive and dumb at times, but what you see is what you get."

BANE

BANE

QuoteInfinity is the one thing that can't exist, looking at it from the long run would you say that the bug from Men in Black was right when he said that we live short pointless lives, I'm not getting melancholy or anything but does being rich or famous mean anything?
Infinity exists. The universe is literally infinity. And being rich means that you have more chances to be happy. It also means that you can financially afford to go out of your way to fix anything that makes you sad, whether or not it involves spending money or not.

Lie

Lie

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 18, 2010, 12:54:10 AM
QuoteInfinity is the one thing that can't exist, looking at it from the long run would you say that the bug from Men in Black was right when he said that we live short pointless lives, I'm not getting melancholy or anything but does being rich or famous mean anything?
Infinity exists. The universe is literally infinity. And being rich means that you have more chances to be happy. It also means that you can financially afford to go out of your way to fix anything that makes you sad, whether or not it involves spending money or not.

I don't believe that the universe goes on forever I think it's round and surrounded by other universes, just like a planet and this goes on and on. In a way multiple realities but it's just universes living along side each other as if they were galaxys, just bigger.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Lie on Sep 18, 2010, 12:52:11 AM
Infinity is the one thing that can't exist
In theory, it does. There is no reason why it can't.

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 18, 2010, 12:54:10 AM
The universe is literally infinity.
The Universe as we know it is believed to be finite.

And BLAIN is right about wealth. Life is a shit sandwich; the more bread you have, the less shit you have to eat.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Just a side note: it may be finite, but it's so vast, it might as well be infinite. What I mean is that we cannot fully comprehend how big it is.

Lie

Lie

^ Meaning to say a number you have no word for is just dubbed infinite.  :D

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 18, 2010, 01:04:47 AM
Just a side note: it may be finite, but it's so vast, it might as well be infinite.
"Might as well" is a philosophical consideration; it doesn't define anything empirically. So, yes, it is finite and vast, but it's still finite.

What I mean is that we cannot fully comprehend how big it is.
We have a pretty good idea, actually.

Quote from: Lie on Sep 18, 2010, 01:07:21 AM
^ Meaning to say a number you have no word for is just dubbed infinite.  :D
Yeeee....uh... No. No, it doesn't.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 18, 2010, 01:11:50 AM
What I mean is that we cannot fully comprehend how big it is.
We have a pretty good idea, actually.

Well whaddya know...

Lie

Lie

I have only one thing left to say;

Goodnight Gentlemen.  :)

BANE

BANE

Yeah, but the fact is, the universe is constantly expanding. Therefore, it never ends, therefore, it is the very definition of infinity.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

How do we know it's always expanding?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed