Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,804 times)

BANE

BANE

QuoteNo, it isn't that easy. You could tell everyone involved that it's a Buddhist swastika but then you'll have to explain why you were wearing it, etc. As SM had pointed out, you could be wearing it with the intention of provoking an altercation but then changing your story to being an Eastern pacifist after the fact (and fight).

Sure, there are many Germans who know that it's originally an Eastern image (especially German hippies who got high on dope and Hermann Hesse), but then you still have to walk on eggshells while wearing that shirt in post-WWII Germany.
I don't have to explain anything to the person. If they want to beat me up, fine, get sued. It's not my fault they see a weird looking, curved-at-the-edges-with-dots-around-it swastika and immediately think "Nazi". I may sincerely mean "peace to you". Or, I could go out with the intention of causing an altercation...get attacked, change my story, but still get rich. That's actually a good idea!  :D

SM

SM

Quotewell thats so not what i meant.

in every single piece of media, videogames, movies, everything, Swastikas are removed or replaced with weird crosses. germany treats it like  its some sort of swear word, even in adult media its cut off. thats too much in my oppinion.

I can completely understand why Germany would treat it as a swear word.

As has been said about other stuff - it's all context.

chupacabras acheronsis

that is like making it Illegal to mention the ku klux klan in america. what is done is done. funny that there are still Neo nazi groups in germany.

SM

SM

Funny?  Who's laughing?

chupacabras acheronsis

well, i mean Odd. not hilarious, but ironic.

just saying that even if it means something hurtful to them, it should not be hidden. the purpose of history is to keep us from making the same mistakes; the swastika should be there as a reminder of what happened sixty years ago, why it happened, and why it should never happen again.

Vemados

Vemados

Racists
Ultra-flamboyant gays
People who condemn marijuana with no reasoning
Older people who refuse to try anything new
People who leave numbers on the microwave
People who tell you to do things but have problems with the way you do them
People who condemn entire genres of music
People who hate in order to fit in
Snitches
Overprotective parents
People who abuse their position of authority
People who can't see past stereotypes

and a lot of Russians

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 01, 2010, 01:39:04 AM
I don't have to explain anything to the person. If they want to beat me up, fine, get sued. It's not my fault they see a weird looking, curved-at-the-edges-with-dots-around-it swastika and immediately think "Nazi". I may sincerely mean "peace to you". Or, I could go out with the intention of causing an altercation...get attacked, change my story, but still get rich. That's actually a good idea!  :D
You really might take a closer look at the German legal system before counting your money.

SM

SM

Quotethe swastika should be there as a reminder of what happened sixty years ago, why it happened, and why it should never happen again.

We don't need swastikas all around the place to be reminded.

First Blood

Quote from: Vemados on Sep 01, 2010, 02:07:00 AM
People who leave numbers on the microwave

Sylizar

Sylizar

Oh, and I forgot. I hate Religion.

Predator Queen

Quote from: Sylizar on Sep 01, 2010, 03:10:49 AM
Oh, and I forgot. I hate Religion.
Its not just religion I think you might hate just the organized ones

Deathbearer

QuoteNo, it isn't that easy. You could tell everyone involved that it's a Buddhist swastika but then you'll have to explain why you were wearing it, etc. As SM had pointed out, you could be wearing it with the intention of provoking an altercation but then changing your story to being an Eastern pacifist after the fact (and fight).

Sure, there are many Germans who know that it's originally an Eastern image (especially German hippies who got high on dope and Hermann Hesse), but then you still have to walk on eggshells while wearing that shirt in post-WWII Germany.

interestingly most versions of the swastica are backwards to the nazi swastica, and with horizontal and vertyical lines instead of diagonal

BANE

BANE

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 01, 2010, 02:34:44 AM
You really might take a closer look at the German legal system before counting your money.
The german legal system prohibits me from wearing one of the swastikas that AvatarIII posted that aren't the Nazi one? I think its just the Nazi one they have laws against...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed