Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,663 times)

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 31, 2010, 10:41:10 PM
QuoteThat really is a touchy subject. Any other symbol anywhere else, not so much.
It depends which swastika.
No, it depends on the context in which it is used.

SM

SM

Govinda!  Jaya jaya!!

BANE

BANE

Quote from: maledoro on Aug 31, 2010, 10:44:04 PM
Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 31, 2010, 10:41:10 PM
QuoteThat really is a touchy subject. Any other symbol anywhere else, not so much.
It depends which swastika.
No, it depends on the context in which it is used.
Why? If I drew the buddhist swastika on my chest, it's not my fault some idiot doesn't know the difference between that one and the nazi one and gets offended because of it.

SM

SM

And make sure cling to that belief when he kicks ten shades of shit out of you.

maledoro

maledoro

Yep. Context is what determines whether you get lillies thrown at you or an ass-whoopin'.

BANE

BANE

And then I come out thousands of dollars richer on a lawsuit...I'll take it.

SM

SM

Possibly - if the jury overlooks the provacation thing and accepts you're Hindu and not a White Supremecist.

BANE

BANE

It's as easy as looking at the shirt and proving that it's the buddhist swastika and not the Nazi one. They're easily identifiable, if you're not a complete uptight idiot.

SM

SM

Sadly the reality is that the swastika has more than one meaning and in western civilisation it's got nowt to do with Hinduism.

Lots of people can and will get worked up over a symbol that signifies the deaths of millions for a long time.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

BANE

BANE

And yet the holy cross is the symbol of a church, who over its entire existence has probably been responsible for more deaths than the Nazis...or close. And yet that isn't interpreted that way at all. If I went up to a guy wearing a cross on his chest and beat the shit out of him because of his churches' past actions, the jury wouldn't think twice to convict me. It's sad, really. However, I would still win the court case: the buddhist swastika and the Nazi symbol have some major differences.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 01, 2010, 01:13:52 AM
It's as easy as looking at the shirt and proving that it's the buddhist swastika and not the Nazi one. They're easily identifiable, if you're not a complete uptight idiot.
No, it isn't that easy. You could tell everyone involved that it's a Buddhist swastika but then you'll have to explain why you were wearing it, etc. As SM had pointed out, you could be wearing it with the intention of provoking an altercation but then changing your story to being an Eastern pacifist after the fact (and fight).

Sure, there are many Germans who know that it's originally an Eastern image (especially German hippies who got high on dope and Hermann Hesse), but then you still have to walk on eggshells while wearing that shirt in post-WWII Germany.

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 01, 2010, 01:23:47 AM
And yet the holy cross is the symbol of a church, who over its entire existence has probably been responsible for more deaths than the Nazis...or close. And yet that isn't interpreted that way at all. If I went up to a guy wearing a cross on his chest and beat the shit out of him because of his churches' past actions, the jury wouldn't think twice to convict me. It's sad, really. However, I would still win the court case: the buddhist swastika and the Nazi symbol have some major differences.
The Church had mellowed quite a bit over the past centuries. Naziism hadn't over the past few decades. But, feel free to walk into a church and explain your view to the congregation.

Deathbearer

I hate Canada. :D

SM

SM

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 01, 2010, 01:23:47 AM

Not major differences, no.

As for a crucifix - yes the church has been responsible for some nasty shit (and continues to), but it's been spread out over centuries and they've also done a lot of good.  Which the Nazis didn't.

chupacabras acheronsis

well thats so not what i meant.

in every single piece of media, videogames, movies, everything, Swastikas are removed or replaced with weird crosses. germany treats it like  its some sort of swear word, even in adult media its cut off. thats too much in my oppinion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed