Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,823 times)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Yeah. Sorry 'bout that.  :-\

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Razz on Aug 26, 2010, 04:32:21 PM
Anti-smoking ads and people, Strange i say this because i don't smoke and i tend to stay out of the way with people who light up but i also hate the shit smokers get from anti-smokers and all those stupid ads for anti- smoking are just as annoying. I always advocate freedom of choice and if someone wants to smoke let them, as long as they aren't doing it in front of non smoking people i see no harm with it, we all bloody know its bad for your health so f**king what? let them! not everyone wants to live to be 80-100 and i certainly don't.
I wholeheartedly agree. Some people I can stand (I myself did say "don't smoke" at a younger age), but some really exaggerate.

I once had in school an anti-smoking sit along with my class. The guy that was leading this said at one point that AVATAR outrageously incites people to smoke, because the characters smoke a whole lot. I raised my hand, and given word, I said that it was a bit of a exaggeration. Then we had a glance eye-to-eye.
You know how Saruman looks when he is pissed off? Same. Then he said "really?".
For the rest of the sit, he made examples of how one could fall in the smoke trap, and he always pointed at me as the sample dumb guy who goes for smokin'. God was that guy weird.

maledoro

maledoro

Anti-smoking ads and people, Strange i say this because i don't smoke and i tend to stay out of the way with people who light up but i also hate the shit smokers get from anti-smokers and all those stupid ads for anti- smoking are just as annoying.
As in, "Please don't ruin your lungs and the lungs of others"?

I always advocate freedom of choice and if someone wants to smoke let them, as long as they aren't doing it in front of non smoking people i see no harm with it, we all bloody know its bad for your health so f**king what? let them! not everyone wants to live to be 80-100 and i certainly don't.
The ads I've seen pretty much tell you not to smoke around others. As for smoking alone, smokers are causing a different kind of harm to non-smokers: higher insurance costs.

People who play MP3 players on busses with no headphones! People should be smacked in the ass for this! I always wear headphones why can't you? No one likes your taste in music so go f**k yourself!
There are rules about that on my town's buses. In fact, I've seen a driver kick someone off the bus for that. What I can't understand are dumbasses who open windows on buses when the air conditioning is running.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 26, 2010, 04:59:14 PM
Anti-smoking ads and people, Strange i say this because i don't smoke and i tend to stay out of the way with people who light up but i also hate the shit smokers get from anti-smokers and all those stupid ads for anti- smoking are just as annoying. I always advocate freedom of choice and if someone wants to smoke let them, as long as they aren't doing it in front of non smoking people i see no harm with it, we all bloody know its bad for your health so f**king what? let them! not everyone wants to live to be 80-100 and i certainly don't.
I wholeheartedly agree. Some people I can stand (I myself did say "don't smoke" at a younger age), but some really exaggerate.

I once had in school an anti-smoking sit along with my class. The guy that was leading this said at one point that AVATAR outrageously incites people to smoke, because the characters smoke a whole lot. I raised my hand, and given word, I said that it was a bit of a exaggeration. Then we had a glance eye-to-eye.
You know how Saruman looks when he is pissed off? Same. Then he said "really?".
For the rest of the sit, he made examples of how one could fall in the smoke trap, and he always pointed at me as the sample dumb guy who goes for smokin'. God was that guy weird.

That story made me laugh. :)

maledoro

maledoro

Aw, fudge it all! I forgot about people who euphemize. You get some people who think they're beating the system by saying something like "Jiminy Christmas" instead of saying the Lord's name in vain. If they really believed in the power of God/Jesus, you'd think that they'd realize that He/They would see through what they were doing. No, they didn't actually say the name, but the intention is there.

SpaceMarines

Well, you see, people think that God(s) is/are stupid.

Lie

Lie

As Technology and science advances Gods will become harder and harder to believe in, its kinda like our race is a child growing up and no longer believes in the teeth fairy etc.

SpaceMarines

I see no contradiction between believing in science and believing in religion. I personally do not, but I can understand the appeal.

Private Hudson

Quote from: Lie on Aug 26, 2010, 07:55:02 PM
As Technology and science advances Gods will become harder and harder to believe in, its kinda like our race is a child growing up and no longer believes in the teeth fairy etc.

I believe in God and Science, I don't see how that contradicts each other.

Lie

Lie

Evolution or God creating the world and man in 7 days which one do you believe?

SpaceMarines

There's more religions that the Judeo-Christian beliefs.

TheMonolith

Quote from: Private Hudson on Aug 26, 2010, 07:59:44 PM
Quote from: Lie on Aug 26, 2010, 07:55:02 PM

I believe in God and Science, I don't see how that contradicts each other.
Rock on man!

Lie

Lie

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 26, 2010, 08:07:39 PM
There's more religions that the Judeo-Christian beliefs.

Lets not go there.  :D

I didn't say anything about contradictions I said one would make the other harder to believe, not that one would be instantly out of the question. It isn't uncommon to believe in two thing at once, the question is which one do you believe more. It's all about your nurture and how you see the world, personal I don't care for God's nor do I over think science.

A wise man once said;

"Do Good Things Good Things Happen, Do Bad Things Bad Things Happen."

SpaceMarines

If God gives you lemons, find a new God.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Lie on Aug 26, 2010, 08:05:56 PM
Evolution or God creating the world and man in 7 days which one do you believe?
The genesis story is not to be taken literally, its to send a message.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed