Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,781 times)

BANE

BANE

Quoteand in my opinion they should really have no place in civilised society.
While I (and most canadians) agree with having laws controlling posession of guns (i.e restricting it), I must say I disagree completely with the above statement. But thats just me, and I'm sure many canadians feel the same as you, and many brits feel the same as me.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 19, 2010, 04:20:40 PM
As to the gun control thing though, I may as well sum up my point like this: We don't want or need them. End of story. And that isn't just my opinion, you'll find the vast majority of Brits agree with me. Guns create many more problems than they solve, and in my opinion they should really have no place in civilised society. The unfortunate fact is that until the issues that drive people to use them are addressed properly, they will continue to be a huge problem, which is why having laws allowing free access to them is a stupid idea.

1.- I don't think so, Tim. you are not the only Brit i've spoken to.

2.- now THAT is bullshit. free access is far from what it is. Guns are expensive, they require tons of papers, tests, an inmaculate criminal record and are a pain in the ass to obtain. Governments have done pretty much everything burocratically possible to avoid the wrong people from getting weapons legally. and they dont. they buy them from Illegal sources.

[Alpha]Frost

QuoteA measure of the extent of legal firearms ownership in the UK (post-Dunblane legislation did not extend to Northern Ireland) is that the handgun bans affected an estimated 57,000 people - 0.1% of the population, or 1 in every 960 persons.

-wikipedia

Quote58. Fifty-seven thousand people were compelled to hand in
162,000 pistols, 700 tons of ammunition, propellants and related
equipment. Owners had to make appointments at local police stations.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060623104106/http://www.firearmsafetyseminar.org.nz/_documents/Greenwood_Paper.pdf

Except a small minority, no one cares. The ban in 1997 affected 0.1% of the population, that's nothing. I've never met anyone who expressed a desire to own a firearm, and I don't think Vulhala has either.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 19, 2010, 04:30:34 PM
1.- I don't think so, Tim.

My name isn't Tim. Keep condescending and see how far that gets you.

Quoteyou are not the only Brit i've spoken to.

Neither do you interact with a large range of them from many different walks of life every day.

Quote2.- now THAT is bullshit. free access is far from what it is. Guns are expensive, they require tons of papers, tests, an inmaculate criminal record and are a pain in the ass to obtain. Governments have done pretty much everything burocratically possible to avoid the wrong people from getting weapons legally. and they dont. they buy them from Illegal sources.

And why do you think there are so many 'illeagal' sources?

BANE

BANE

QuoteI've never met anyone who expressed a desire to own a firearm, and I don't think Vulhala has either.
I would love to own a shotgun...

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Aug 19, 2010, 05:01:21 PM
I've never met anyone who expressed a desire to own a firearm, and I don't think Vulhala has either.
I would have one, though I don't desire one, if they were giving them out free I wouldn't say no to one but I would never even think about purchasing one.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 19, 2010, 03:36:17 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 19, 2010, 03:30:27 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 19, 2010, 03:20:31 PM
not to mention that most people think its Illegal to own guns there, but its just ridiculously hard. senseless since Gun Control is proved to not do a damn thing.

It is illeagal to own 99% of firearms in this country, and I'm very happy about that. And yes 'senseless gun control' has done a damn thing, as I'd never even seen one until I went to America last year.

It doesnt do a damn thing because Crimes are not commited with LEGAL guns, they are not bought legally and Outlawing them wont stop criminals from owning one if they really want to. thats why there is still Gun crime in countries like the UK, Germany and Australia.

Gun Control only works for people who obbey the law. Criminals dont.

just a few things

a) the fact that there is tough gun control means it's almost impossible for criminals to get their hands on guns

b) the way gun control is, pretty much, if you are seen with a gun that isn't a shotgun or hunting rifle, you MUST be a criminal, and someone will report you, therefore it is counter-productive for criminals to even try to have guns,

therefore criminals generally don't bother with guns.

Purebreedalien

Just sticking my oar in, as it were.

My Mum's boyfriend has a rifle, and a pistol, but he has a license. He only uses them when he hunts deer or goes out foxing, obviously.

Vulhala

Vulhala

What kind of pistol? And has he ever served in the Armed Forces?

The Captain

The Captain

Religious people who claim other peoples religions are ridiculous, for example,

Bill follows religion A and tells Ben that his religion (religion B) is nonsense and made up because religion B has a story featuring a talking plant even though Bills own religion, religion A features a talking tree.

The above is a made up example to make a point

My point is....erm....I guess I just hate the hypocrisy of some religious people. I know the majority of religious people are decent people, but a lot of the relgious people I personnaly know are complete b*****ds. Of course it could just be that they are b*****ds naturally and that their religion has nothing to do with it.
It just amazes me how many people who claim to follow a loving religion are homophobic hateful racists.
Also the arrogance that some religious people display. I know this guy who actually believes that Christianity brought civilisation to the world. How f****ng arrogant is that!
Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, China to name only a very small number of great civilisations around long before Christianity.
I think he'd find that the indiginous peoples of Northern Europe were quite happy before Christianity was forced upon them.

Of course he conveniantly forgets the atrocities that Christianity inflicted on the world, or at least people claiming to be Christian anyway. People being forced to give up their own Gods under penalty of execution by axe. The Crusades. And he has the cheek to claim that we were all savages before Christianity came along!

I can feel myself getting angry so I'll leave it at that.

BANE

BANE

Quotehomophobic
Most of the people who are against homosexuals aren't actually afraid of them and insecure about themselves (which is what the word homophobic denotes), as many people arguing against them think, but truly and honestly believe that same sexuality is against nature. I don't have a prolem with it...keeps population down, amongst other things.

P.S. I meant no affence to anyone
You don't have to say that. People get offended when I sneeze, for crying out loud. If you truly mean something, don't say you mean no offense, because if people disagree with you they'll take offence anyway.

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 19, 2010, 06:28:45 PM

I wouldn't know, I know absolutely nothing about guns. I don't know about the second one.

I'm useless.  :D

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Aug 19, 2010, 06:35:14 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 19, 2010, 06:28:45 PM

I wouldn't know, I know absolutely nothing about guns. I don't know about the second one.

I'm useless.  :D

Cool. Just remember not to piss him off then  ;)

MrBrokenTusks.

Racists
Homophobes
Ultra religious people that are iggnorant.

The Captain

Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 19, 2010, 06:32:49 PM
Quotehomophobic
Most of the people who are against homosexuals aren't actually afraid of them and insecure about themselves (which is what the word homophobic denotes), as many people arguing against them think, but truly and honestly believe that same sexuality is against nature. I don't have a prolem with it...keeps population down, amongst other things.

P.S. I meant no affence to anyone
You don't have to say that. People get offended when I sneeze, for crying out loud. If you truly mean something, don't say you mean no offense, because if people disagree with you they'll take offence anyway.
[/b]

I know how touchy some people get about things like this, but you're right. I'm gonna edit it out of my post, if people get offended then oh well nevermind...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed