Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,880 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: AvatarIII on Aug 19, 2010, 09:04:36 AM
not by much unfortunately, but the murder rate in the US is higher than the UK too, so that goes to show the different rate of survival with knife crime vs gun crime.

thats for the whole country, and America is a really big country. look at the area stats.

the fact that our knife crime is twice as high as US gun crime is made up by the fact that the US has knife crime aswell and our gun crime is so low.

yeah, no. in america there are more serious crimes, murder, drug smuggling, stuff like that. in Britain its much more frequent to walk out of your house and get robbed at knifepoint.

not to mention that most people think its Illegal to own guns there, but its just ridiculously hard. senseless since Gun Control is proved to not do a damn thing.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 19, 2010, 03:20:31 PM
not to mention that most people think its Illegal to own guns there, but its just ridiculously hard. senseless since Gun Control is proved to not do a damn thing.

It is illeagal to own 99% of firearms in this country, and I'm very happy about that. And yes 'senseless gun control' has done a damn thing, as I'd never even seen one until I went to America last year.

MrBrokenTusks.

the fact that our knife crime is twice as high as US gun crime is made up by the fact that the US has knife crime aswell and our gun crime is so low.

yeah, no. in america there are more serious crimes, murder, drug smuggling, stuff like that. in Britain its much more frequent to walk out of your house and get robbed at knifepoint.

Not as likely as you think, the only areas that happens in London and maybe Manchester, and even then it isn't common at all.

[Alpha]Frost

I'm also pleased that firearms are banned in our country, and that our armed police are moving away from using lethal weapons and using taser guns.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 19, 2010, 03:30:27 PM

It is illeagal to own 99% of firearms in this country, and I'm very happy about that. And yes 'senseless gun control' has done a damn thing, as I'd never even seen one until I went to America last year.

It doesnt do a damn thing because Crimes are not commited with LEGAL guns, they are not bought legally and Outlawing them wont stop criminals from owning one if they really want to. thats why there is still Gun crime in countries like the UK, Germany and Australia.

Gun Control only works for people who obbey the law. Criminals dont.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Aug 19, 2010, 03:33:40 PM
Not as likely as you think, the only areas that happens in London and maybe Manchester, and even then it isn't common at all.

Exactly. In fact, when someone is stabbed to death, it usually makes front page news here.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 19, 2010, 03:36:17 PM
It doesnt do a damn thing because Crimes are not commited with LEGAL guns, they are not bought legally and Outlawing them wont stop criminals from owning one if they really want to. thats why there is still Gun crime in countries like the UK, Germany and Australia.

Gun Control only works for people who obbey the law. Criminals dont.

I really fail to see your argument. If it was legal to own a weapon here, everyone would have one, and the murder rate would go through the roof overnight due to the nature of the British people. If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns, which is fine by me as the police will swiftly deal with them.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 19, 2010, 03:41:13 PM
I really fail to see your argument. If it was legal to own a weapon here, everyone would have one, and the murder rate would go through the roof overnight due to the nature of the British people. If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns, which is fine by me as the police will swiftly deal with them.

1.- okay so your argument here is that British people are stupid violent bastards?

2.- If only Outlaws have guns then it gun control has failed to do anything at all, because outlaws already had guns in the first place. and no police force on earth is that efficient, stop being so deluded.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 19, 2010, 03:48:55 PM
1.- okay so your argument here is that British people are stupid violent bastards?

Not to put to fine a point on it, I guess so. Not all of them, but we have more than the normal amount of dickheads per capita.

Quote2.- If only Outlaws have guns then it gun control has failed to do anything at all, because outlaws already had guns in the first place. and no police force on earth is that efficient, stop being so deluded.

I'm not deluded. The fact of the matter is from what I can gather, you're not from here, have never been here, and probably see very little if anything of the UK in the news where you are. In short, you have no idea of how British society works.

BANE

BANE

Quoteyou have no idea of how British society works.
Besides ridiculously high gas prices and shitty weather, not very differently than most democratic countries. Especially Canada.

Vulhala

Vulhala

I agree with the weather and the gas prices. And maybe that was the wrong choice of words. I'm talking attitudes and values more than anything.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 19, 2010, 04:08:19 PM
I agree with the weather and the gas prices. And maybe that was the wrong choice of words. I'm talking attitudes and values more than anything.
A lot of the people in Canada feel the exact same as people from the UK and have generally similar attitudes towards most things. Example? My second uncle (or something along those lines) recently came by from liverpool, and the main attitude that he had (same with myself and my grandfather) was that Obama was putting more onous (spelling?) than he should have on the British in "British Petroleum".

[Alpha]Frost

QuoteThe UK has the ninth highest unleaded price in Europe and the second highest diesel price.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuel/

It's not just us ;0

BANE

BANE

Its funny, because Canada has one of the largest oil produces in the world and yet we pay higher prices than the United States...far higher.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 19, 2010, 04:13:04 PM
A lot of the people in Canada feel the exact same as people from the UK and have generally similar attitudes towards most things. Example? My second uncle (or something along those lines) recently came by from liverpool, and the main attitude that he had (same with myself and my grandfather) was that Obama was putting more onous (spelling?) than he should have on the British in "British Petroleum".

Well yeah of course they did. Nothing was ever made of the fact that they were given permission to drill there, despite the depth and risks involved. That's why Obama moved so quickly, he knew that although it may not ultimately stop with him, the buck would pass by at close proximity so to speak.

As to the gun control thing though, I may as well sum up my point like this: We don't want or need them. End of story. And that isn't just my opinion, you'll find the vast majority of Brits agree with me. Guns create many more problems than they solve, and in my opinion they should really have no place in civilised society. The unfortunate fact is that until the issues that drive people to use them are addressed properly, they will continue to be a huge problem, which is why having laws allowing free access to them is a stupid idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed