Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,643 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Nov 01, 2018, 04:26:01 AM
Randy Pitchford.

Wow, if that's what you call em', I bet they suck.  :D

I kid. But still, it would make sense though. They make me think I'm getting mashed potatoes, but they're giving me a nasty glob of shite that I don't want. Guess I'll have to call them Pitchford's from now on. Or at least, I'll have to say "I got Pitchford buy those deli workers again". Maybe Pitchford is the new Munson?

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 01, 2018, 01:45:20 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 01, 2018, 01:39:33 AM

Man - I really hate it when I can shoot bullets at things.

Try not being able to, like I was. It sucks.

By the way, how are the mashed potatoes over there?

I'll tell you what. If all that was standing in the way between me and the network of whistle pigs that devour my mums was that guy, I'd be super pissed as well  :( 

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Wysps on Nov 01, 2018, 02:21:31 PM
I'll tell you what. If all that was standing in the way between me and the network of whistle pigs that devour my mums was that guy, I'd be super pissed as well  :( 

I could never hurt the whistle pigs, but nothing comes near the mums. Moles are my big problem. The yard looks so nice each spring, until the mole army arrives and turns it all into a giant cardiovascular system. Seriously, I'm starting to think there's an entire civilization hiding under my dirt.  :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

People who drive at 40 on main roads where the speed limit is 60.

Immortan Jonesy

I hate the hate? :P

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 05, 2018, 01:10:14 PM

And you're not allowed to pass.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 05, 2018, 01:10:14 PM

Yep. I get that. Quite often.

Huggs

Huggs

Here's a golden oldie, but one that still bugs me routinely.

That you have to wait so many months for a movie to come out on home video. Yeah, I know there's a lot of work, legal stuff and timeframes involved. But really, sometimes it seems like it just takes forever. Do it all at the same time, I say. If I don't want to sit through a noon showing for $8, I'll just go buy the thing for $24 and be done with it. There, I'm one guy that just paid 3 tickets worth for one person. That's good money.

Anyone who wants to see it on the big screen can go right ahead. People who want to watch online or Netflix can pay to do that. But seriously, months? I feel like by now, with all the money and technology, that sort of wait should be laughably archaic. It's time to evolve alittle.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 12, 2018, 04:40:06 AM
Here's a golden oldie, but one that still bugs me routinely.

That you have to wait so many months for a movie to come out on home video. Yeah, I know there's a lot of work, legal stuff and timeframes involved. But really, sometimes it seems like it just takes forever. Do it all at the same time, I say. If I don't want to sit through a noon showing for $8, I'll just go buy the thing for $24 and be done with it. There, I'm one guy that just paid 3 tickets worth for one person. That's good money.

Anyone who wants to see it on the big screen can go right ahead. People who want to watch online or Netflix can pay to do that. But seriously, months? I feel like by now, with all the money and technology, that sort of wait should be laughably archaic. It's time to evolve alittle.

I like the feeling of picking up the DVD case, for some reason. Like how I prefer paper books.

I think some movies are timed up so their home release is around Black Friday or Christmas. Other than that, I'm not sure about why it takes so long.

SM

SM

Months is nothing.

We used to have to wait years for a movie to come onto TV.  If you were lucky you knew someone who had a VCR who could even tape it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Nov 12, 2018, 12:01:24 PM
Months is nothing.

We used to have to wait years for a movie to come onto TV.  If you were lucky you knew someone who had a VCR who could even tape it.

Yeah, thems was the days. I remember taping The Fast and Furious off pay-per-view. We had whole libraries of movies and shows we taped off the television. Then one of my cohorts would get the bright idea of putting some dirty business on one, and then they'd forget which one it was on. Oh goodie. Nothing beats hairy a**es popping up during the ten commandments. The sea was not the only thing parted on that tape.

I was hoping my grandmother would be blind enough to accept my saying that it was just a drunken Edward G. Robinson tying some chick to the golden calf. And if all else failed, I could just say, "well they did do some of that too, you know?. They sinned against the lord".

(Sounds of whacking and foul language).

"...and some sins were worse than others".

SM

SM

My grandparents recorded Star Wars a couple of decades prior pay-per-view on their top loading VCR.  We fast forwarded through the ads with the plugged in remote control.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Nov 13, 2018, 12:51:24 AM
My grandparents recorded Star Wars a couple of decades prior pay-per-view on their top loading VCR.  We fast forwarded through the ads with the plugged in remote control.

Well you had to have something to watch. At a certain point, there came the national anthem and then everything went to static. Kids nowadays will never know the joy of manipulating a 15ft 100lb antenna, just to be able to watch looney tunes for an hour...one day a week...at the a**crack of dawn. Or fighting to cue a tape up in time to record a show, except the tape is in the wrong spot, and you can't get it to switch from SP to SLP.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 13, 2018, 01:02:45 AM

Well you had to have something to watch. At a certain point, there came the national anthem and then everything went to static. Kids nowadays will never know the joy of manipulating a 15ft 100lb antenna, just to be able to watch looney tunes for an hour...one day a week...at the a**crack of dawn. Or fighting to cue a tape up in time to record a show, except the tape is in the wrong spot, and you can't get it to switch from SP to SLP.

I can remember I always forgot to rewind tapes, so I had to do it next time I wanted to watch that movie.

SM

SM

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 13, 2018, 01:02:45 AM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed