Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,850 times)

RagingDragon

Are you guys high? Oblivion was great.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Oh god Rage, don't tell me you're serious :-X

Shasvre

Shasvre

Please be.

Rong

Rong

The story was a Hodgepodge of every sci fi cliche in the last 30 years, was nothing special.

If it starred anyone other than Tom Cruise it probably would have been easier to swallow.

SiL

SiL

Oblivion looked like Concept Art: The Movie.

Which isn't a bad thing.

But God damn that plot was moronic. Every f**king sci-fi "twist" imaginable just thrown at the audience one after the other. It's like Kosinski was terrified people would get bored and leave and could only be kept intrigued by one vapid reveal after another.

Cvalda

Cvalda

It's nothing but undercooked, sloppy genre seconds that pillages every bare cupboard in the sci-fi canon --

Quote from: Rong on Feb 24, 2014, 10:39:35 PM
The story was a Hodgepodge of every sci fi cliche in the last 30 years, was nothing special.
Yeah, that :P

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 24, 2014, 10:36:41 PM

Not to me, not in the slightest.
The action felt flacid, the twist is nothing I haven't seen before.
And Morgan Freeman's cameo was a waste.
The fact landmarks seemed to only survive was off-putting and seemed unrealistic.

Did not like it at all.

Cvalda

Cvalda

That horrible, forced romantic subplot, too :-X

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Oh come on. It was actually a very solid film, a few minor cliches and an army of Tom Cruises aside. :laugh:

I really don't see how you could fault it. Blew Prometheus completely out of the water. Was one of the only films I was actually impressed with this decade, and I truly think that Tom Cruise makes decent films. Only complaints were with some glaring cliches, but those are in every movie. It's not whether or not you have them, but how many and how obnoxious they are.

Thought the plot clipped along fine.

Lol @ way too cynical to enjoy regular movies.

Anyone who loves Prometheus but thinks Oblivion is too "full of cliches" to be good, please leave the room now.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Oblivion was a hairy ballsack compared to Prometheus.
IMO.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 24, 2014, 10:35:53 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 24, 2014, 10:34:53 PM
It just looked like the future was taken over by IKEA :P

ONE OF US!

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 24, 2014, 10:43:10 PM
Lol @ way too cynical to enjoy regular movies.
"Regular" in this instance meaning mediocre as f**k :P

First Blood

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 24, 2014, 10:36:41 PM

It was. But different strokes. Whatever.

RagingDragon

Hmm.

Spoiler
What exactly were the non-stop ham handed cliches being flung at us? Alien invasion? Yeah in pretty original fashion, abducting our own astronauts and using them to attack us.

Giant super-machine that wants our resources? Again, not blow-your-mind original, but used to further the deceptive story arc well.

Mind-wiping humans to get them to do your bidding? Sure, not original, but again, used well.

The characters had depth, and the story unfolded in an interesting way. Tom Cruise and his story about the sports game in the beginning showed more personality and character development than the entirety of Prometheus. Sorry PerfectOrganism, lol.

I don't expect every movie to break the mold as far as creativity goes. This is especially true of giant bloated Tom Cruise hollywood productions, which I frankly expect to be balls. But you don't have to reinvent the wheel to tell a solid story and have a well-made movie. I'll take interesting film with cliches and flashy concepts being well-done than terribly handled political issues trying to act intelligent in a dumb movie trying way to hard to be gritty and smart.
[close]

Oblivion left Prometheus in the dust. Too many budding Eberts up in here. :laugh: You guys all sound like Hubbs!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdjHZkOEjPc#ws

First Blood

I really like when Tom Cruise ventures into the Sci-Fi genre (see Oblivion) and I am hoping Edge of Tomorrow turns out to be another winner. Doug Liman doesn't exactly have me jumping for joy here, although The Bourne Identity was great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed