Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,628 times)

SM

SM

He's a fine fellow when his opinion coincides with my own.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: SM on Dec 23, 2012, 07:36:51 PM
He's a fine fellow when his opinion coincides with my own.

Indeed.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 23, 2012, 07:34:00 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 23, 2012, 07:33:31 PM
The difference between a professional opinion and a standard opinion is a paycheck.

Don't quote bumper stickers, give us your opinion of Mr. Ebert
That's not a quote.

Also, search 'Roger Ebert' with my name attatched and I think you'll get a pretty direct result.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 23, 2012, 07:38:08 PM
Quote from: Aspie on Dec 23, 2012, 07:34:00 PM
The difference between a professional opinion and a standard opinion is a paycheck.

Don't quote bumper stickers, give us your opinion of Mr. Ebert
That's not a quote.

Also, 'Roger Ebert' with my name attatched and I think you'll get a pretty direct result.

Dang, I tried to search it twice and each time my internet failed...I don't think that's a good sign for his reputation in your eyes  :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

There aren't enough Orson Welles clapping gifs for this.

SM

SM

Apart from the fact the professional opinions are often more informed.

Aspie

Aspie

And are often less biased than a fanbase review.

SpaceMarines

So let's say I ask you and a PhD physicist a question on quarks and gluons; you're saying each opinion is equally valid?

TheMonolith

It would seem I have stirred the pot a bit. Not my intention.
However, I would like to say that all of you are right for calling me out on this and would like to thank you for doing so.
This needs some clarification. I do not hate Ebert and respect the man in spite of some of his more notorious reviews. I posted this shortly after reading a list of his 75 worst reviews and simply wanted to express my viewpoints on this list itself. In writing this post, I was far too harsh, and that was not my intention at all.
If you are interested, here is the list. It is an entertaining read to be sure and Ebert was very gracious in his response to it, a sign of great maturity and professionalism.
http://rogersworst.blogspot.com/2011/03/75-escape-from-new-york-1981.html
Ebert should be applauded for not only acknowledging that he made mistakes, but also for sticking to his guns and not following the crowd in spite of it not being the popular opinion sometimes. More people should be like that. He earned his status as a fine film critic and will be remembered for centuries to come as one of the best.
Time is the ultimate critic, and Time has judged Ebert. He passes.

BANE

BANE

Can't help but agree with his thoughts on The Fighter. I hated that overrated pile of trash.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: BANE on Dec 24, 2012, 12:03:17 AM
Can't help but agree with his thoughts on The Fighter. I hated that overrated pile of trash.

Why Bane? Why you say this? ;-;

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Dec 23, 2012, 10:58:38 PM

So let's say I ask you and a PhD physicist a question on quarks and gluons; you're saying each opinion is equally valid?

I was thinking more along the lines of opinion on 2001: A Space Odyssey, but sure.

Le Celticant

QuoteThings you just hate in the world

I was completely in love with 2001: A Space Odyssey from Stanley K. watched it 5 times this week and finally understood that this movie is just a piece of shit by taking the worse from Nietzsche (the worse doesn't mean there's any good in Nietzsche).
I can't believe I've been that blind  :o all the philosophy in this movie (and in every Stanley K. film anyway) is sooooo wrong!

Aspie

Aspie

I love all of Kubrick films, but he is an extremely controversial director, so I'm not surprised.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I hate sick children. My little cousin threw three times today and he made one hell of a splash, no pun intended. Doesn't help when he throws up on the carpet either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed