Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,919 times)

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I hate that grumpy cat meme...I just don't find it humorous, and I hate cats in general. I much prefer-

Predator Queen

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Dec 17, 2012, 09:54:40 PM
I hate that grumpy cat meme...I just don't find it humorous, and I hate cats in general. I much prefer-

Especially when paired next to an image of that blabber mouth Carly Rae Jepsen.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Stubbing your toe in the same spot as last time, causing the same wound to reopen..  :'(

Predator Queen

Quote from: Amaterasu on Dec 22, 2012, 04:22:31 AM
Stubbing your toe in the same spot as last time, causing the same wound to reopen..  :'(
I hit my toe so baddly it went gray in spots then now hit it once a week same toe, I should ware socks or slippers but then I am like.  Nah...

Vickers

Vickers

You hate cats?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Predator Queen on Dec 22, 2012, 06:34:08 AM
I hit my toe so baddly it went gray in spots then now hit it once a week same toe, I should ware socks or slippers but then I am like.  Nah...

You sadist, you.

Predator Queen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 22, 2012, 05:40:10 PM

You sadist, you.

But if I wear socks or slippers I slip off things...

TheMonolith

Roger Ebert.
Anyone who can in good conscience say that Anaconda is better than To Kill a MockingBird, that Rocky and Bullwinkle is better than Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and Cop and a Half is better than Reservoir Dogs....

Pauses
Twirls mustache.
You just gave me an idea.
(walks out of the room laughing maniacally.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: Predator Queen on Dec 22, 2012, 05:52:54 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 22, 2012, 05:40:10 PM

You sadist, you.

But if I wear socks or slippers I slip off things...

I just started wearing my slippers yesterday. Only because the bottoms have grips.  :laugh:

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TheMonolith on Dec 22, 2012, 06:21:17 PM
Roger Ebert.
Anyone who can in good conscience say that Anaconda is better than To Kill a MockingBird, that Rocky and Bullwinkle is better than Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and Cop and a Half is better than Reservoir Dogs....

I don't mind him, personally. Sure, I don't always agree with him (and he's often times horribly, horribly wrong, as you just pointed out), but I find his reviews to be well-written. They're good at giving me a feel for the movie, whether or not I wind up agreeing with his conclusions.

TheMonolith

My main issue with his TKAM review is he wrote it in 2001, well after both the film and book built a well-deserved reputation. My experience is that Time is the one critic who never makes mistakes, and for old Roger to essentially say "Yeah, Time was wrong. It is silly fluff and you should skip it." strikes me as narcissistic and rubs me the wrong way.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

He's a Critic, spewing stuff you don't agree with at best an find ridiculous at worst is standard.

This is why I do not care for critics. What they offer is their own opinion. A professional opinion it may be, but an opinion it remains.

Space Sweeper

The difference between a professional opinion and a standard opinion is a paycheck.

Aspie

Aspie

YEAH, that darn Roger Ebert, with his Pulitzer Prize winning movie critiques and 50 plus years of experience. He dunno wat he's talkin' bout.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 23, 2012, 07:33:31 PM
The difference between a professional opinion and a standard opinion is a paycheck.

Don't quote bumper stickers, give us your opinion of Mr. Ebert

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed