Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,777 times)

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

If you want to learn how to fight - learn BJJ. I can't herald it enough.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

BJJ is overrated. If you really want to learn how to fight, learn a variety of arts. Not just one.

SM

SM

Blow Job Justice.  The ancient art of sucking the aggressor off to stop him beating you up.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 06:55:05 AM
BJJ is overrated. If you really want to learn how to fight, learn a variety of arts. Not just one.

Overrated my ass. If a person, without a particularly good amount of natural skill, size or whatever wants to learn to defend themselves BJJ is the absolute best option.

RagingDragon

Quote from: ScardyFox on Sep 14, 2012, 07:04:13 AM

Overrated my ass. If a person, without a particularly good amount of natural skill, size or whatever wants to learn to defend themselves BJJ is the absolute best option.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

erm, in a hand to hand confrontation.

RagingDragon

Quote from: ScardyFox on Sep 14, 2012, 07:08:26 AM
erm, in a hand to hand confrontation.
Spoiler
[close]

You made me do it.

But, what people sometimes fail to consider when discussing Blow Job Justice is that it excels at one-on-one encounters, but when they have a buddy, he's going to hit you in the face with a brick while you've got the mount on his pal and are preparing an epic arm-bar for the tapout.

I've actually seen it happen to someone, hit in the face with a cinderblock.  I wasn't there, but I saw his face later.  Looked like someone, well, hit him with a cinderblock in the face.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Right, because being on your back in a street fight is the ideal place to be?

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 07:22:13 AM

Would that imply you always want to be on your back? I have been in plenty of altercations where I didn't end up on my back.

coolbreeze

This.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: coolbreeze on Sep 14, 2012, 07:33:45 AM

This.

Wanna tell me how your average person is going to do that? So, (average) Joe gets home from work and has time to go to several different kinds of martial arts classes? I think you people are confusing the difference between a professional/semi fighter and your everyday person.

No other martial art will give you the same level of effective self defense in such a short period of time. In my personal experience I can't even begin to see how this can be challenged. That said though I am bias being a practitioner for so many years.

RagingDragon

Krav Maga.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ScardyFox on Sep 14, 2012, 07:31:20 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 14, 2012, 07:22:13 AM

Would that imply you always want to be on your back? I have been in plenty of altercations where I didn't end up on my back.

If all you know is BJJ, then yes, more or less. BJJ teaches a person how to fight on the ground; more specifically, off your back. That's the worst place to be in a street fight. I'd sooner learn muay thai if we're talking about the average joe because it's more practical and easier to learn.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Where did you come up with the idea that a person wants to be on their back specifically? As for thats the worst place to be in a street fight that is 100% true. However, are you going to be able to guarantee a person isn't going to end up there? Fact is, most fights do end up on the ground in a 1 on 1 situation unless the person gets a one shot KO in. Thats human nature.

As for Muay Thai, that requires a higher degree of atheism. A far longer learning curve for effectiveness, strength and general athleticism to developed. Bjj does not. It is gender friendly, does not require loads of strength, does not require athleticism, etc.

There is a reason why BJJ is being adopted by the military and not Thai.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed