Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,923 times)

First Blood

I am actually going to agree with SM on this issue, in that not all kids are the same. Some don't need a 'leash' and some do. I guess it's for the little ones that tend to wander off. Plus the child still has the freedom to walk around, but they're still in the parents' peripheral vision.

Space Sweeper

In some cases, some kids are much more... high maintainence than others. When I was a kid, apparently when my parents took me to a pier, I took off in an unpredictable instant and nearly ran right off into the water; luckily my dad caught me right in time-- hearing that, I would have thanked them if they put me on a leash as a kid. Fortunately, I didn't have too many experiences like that, but plenty of little children are bound to.

It can be a life-saver, not shackling.

SM

SM

QuoteI have seen many people handle their kids without the use of a leash, I don't understand why I am seeing it now, when I have never seen it before

Not paying attention I would assume, since these things have been around for at least 30 years.

ShadowPred

Quote from: First Blood on May 15, 2012, 12:29:04 AM
I am actually going to agree with SM on this issue, in that not all kids are the same. Some don't need a 'leash' and some do. I guess it's for the little ones that tend to wander off. Plus the child still has the freedom to walk around, but they're still in the parents' peripheral vision.

I am going to go and check how frequent this sort of stuff has been happening before these last two years that I have witnessed this stuff, because now I can't get this topic out of my head.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 15, 2012, 12:30:20 AM
In some cases, some kids are much more... high maintainence than others. When I was a kid, apparently when my parents took me to a pier, I took off in an unpredictable instant and nearly ran right off into the water; luckily my dad caught me right in time-- hearing that, I would have thanked them if they put me on a leash as a kid. Fortunately, I didn't have too many experiences like that, but plenty of little children are bound to.

It can be a life-saver, not shackling.

I see what you're saying, but I am still holding onto what I feel on the matter, I really would like to see this as a life saver as you say, but I can't help but think this is lazy on the parents side.

Just the way it looks is what upsets me I think, yeah, maybe I haven't really given that much thought on the subject.

Quote from: SM on May 15, 2012, 12:31:32 AM
QuoteI have seen many people handle their kids without the use of a leash, I don't understand why I am seeing it now, when I have never seen it before

Not paying attention I would assume, since these things have been around for at least 30 years.

I pay attention to lots of things, I just have never seen this around anywhere, only until now do I see it everywhere.

Xenokiller

Oh, and then there's my dumb@$$ generation  :P

SM

SM

Quotebut I can't help but think this is lazy on the parents side.

While of course there are lazy parents I can't help but laugh at the ignorance.  See -> :laugh:

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Xenokiller on May 15, 2012, 12:37:58 AM

God damn it.

Quote from: SM on May 15, 2012, 12:39:30 AM

While of course there are lazy parents I can't help but laugh at the ignorance.  See -> :laugh:

Yeah, my mind is opening up more, I'm currently reading some articles on the child leashes to get a better perspective at the moment.

Barely realizing how this isn't any different than strapping a kid on a safety seat and driving for hours and hours as the kid barely moves an inch.

Well, at least I educated myself in something today.

SM

SM

Can't ask for more than that.

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on May 15, 2012, 12:44:18 AM
Can't ask for more than that.

Thankfully I am one of those people that can admit being wrong.

Rick Grimes

Quote from: SM on May 15, 2012, 12:39:30 AM

Which brings us to the subject of "I hate parents who don't pay attention to their kids in public". Especially when their kid gets hurt and it's "our" fault not "their's" since they weren't watching their kid. Dumbass people who act like that shouldn't even be having kids.

r888

r888

People that lied

Predator Queen

Cruel irony

Spoiler
Cat dies of Lung Cancer get a magazine that talks about Lung Cancer in mail
[close]

First Blood

Quote from: r888 on May 15, 2012, 02:22:16 AM
People that lied

Awe, don't be hatin' on Matrix. Sully deserved it.

RagingDragon

Admirable, Shadowpred.  Quite admirable!

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xenokiller on May 15, 2012, 12:37:58 AM

I don't know... This girl they're talking about sounds like date material in potentia to me.

A girl who reads a lot? That's always teh hawtness in my book.

Speaking of hotness. It was 75 degrees here and my little ferret honestly was having trouble. Very bad heat stress. Stupid heat.  >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed