Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,659 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

better yet: stop playing games with voice chat.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Apr 21, 2012, 12:31:49 AM
No silly! Sometimes my gaydar gets a false reading. :-0
Oh, uhm guys - I've got a bunch of interior decorators coming our way...  ;)

anndrayya

anndrayya

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 21, 2012, 02:07:09 PM
I have two solutions for you. Move to another city and stop playing Call of Duty ;)

Funny you would say that, COD= most miserable moments of my gaming life...... I just can't with those people  >:(

Oh and this is the one that really turns me into the post office killer.

When you are driving fast and the streets are almost empty and someone decides to pull out in front of you and go 3 mph, WHEN THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO ONE BEHIND YOU. Argghhhhhhh!!!

that and when you are driving and someone in front of you is going slow as sh*t and you decide to pass them....all of a sudden they wanna put pedal to the metal because GOD FORBID you get in front of them.  >:(

Like just typing this makes me wanna mail some letters. Anyhoo really needed to add that to my hate list.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on Apr 21, 2012, 03:06:44 PM
http://www.top10films.co.uk/img/aliens_classicscenes4.jpg
:laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: anndrayya on Apr 21, 2012, 03:14:50 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 21, 2012, 02:07:09 PM
I have two solutions for you. Move to another city and stop playing Call of Duty ;)

Funny you would say that, COD= most miserable moments of my gaming life...... I just can't with those people  >:(

Oh and this is the one that really turns me into the post office killer.

When you are driving fast and the streets are almost empty and someone decides to pull out in front of you and go 3 mph, WHEN THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO ONE BEHIND YOU. Argghhhhhhh!!!

that and when you are driving and someone in front of you is going slow as sh*t and you decide to pass them....all of a sudden they wanna put pedal to the metal because GOD FORBID you get in front of them.  >:(

Like just typing this makes me wanna mail some letters. Anyhoo really needed to add that to my hate list.

I only do that when I can tell someone is going to cut me off.

Let's say I'm in the right hand lane, going at the limit. There's someone in the lane next to me, also doing the limit, but say 15 feet or so in front of me; enough room for a car to jump in between and overtake me. If there's someone behind me that I can tell is going too fast and immediately switches lanes, only then do I speed up and force him to stay behind me.

Cvalda

Cvalda

I hate when people describe something as a "theory", when they should be calling it a hypothesis - i.e. "I've got this theory that..."

Topazora

Topazora

'theory' is easier to say

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Topazora on Apr 22, 2012, 06:55:39 AM
But they're completely different in meaning, and the widespread misuse of theory is what leads to the rise of stupid crap like "Evolution is JUST a theory, it doesn't prove anything!" -_-

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 22, 2012, 07:00:48 AM
Quote from: Topazora on Apr 22, 2012, 06:55:39 AM
But they're completely different in meaning, and the widespread misuse of theory is what leads to the rise of stupid crap like "Evolution is JUST a theory, it doesn't prove anything!" -_-

true, it really is just laziness and stupidity

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Eva on Apr 21, 2012, 03:06:44 PM
http://www.top10films.co.uk/img/aliens_classicscenes4.jpg

There coming off the damn walls :laugh:

Topazora

Topazora

Gotta bitch about this, because it bugs the hell of out me.  People who trace or eyeball official artwork and call it fanart!  Shit, that's not fanart, that's plagiarism.  I understand that there are people who can't draw, I get it, there's a lot of things I can't do (like write or type), but that doesn't give them the right to copy someone else's work.  It looks bad and it won't help them improve their skills.
Oh yeah, and people who slap mandibles on human characters and call them human/predator hybrids 9_9 with no thought put into how to make sure the human bone structure can accommodate the added anatomy that are mandibles.  (and they try to make them look hot and sexy at the same time :-\  )

Cvalda

Cvalda

:laugh:

Quality griping, Topazora.

SM

SM

Quote from: Topazora on Apr 22, 2012, 10:39:56 PM
Gotta bitch about this, because it bugs the hell of out me.  People who trace or eyeball official artwork and call it fanart!  Shit, that's not fanart, that's plagiarism.  I understand that there are people who can't draw, I get it, there's a lot of things I can't do (like write or type), but that doesn't give them the right to copy someone else's work.  It looks bad and it won't help them improve their skills.
Oh yeah, and people who slap mandibles on human characters and call them human/predator hybrids 9_9 with no thought put into how to make sure the human bone structure can accommodate the added anatomy that are mandibles.  (and they try to make them look hot and sexy at the same time :-\  )

This sort of thing you mean?   ;D

Le Celticant

Quote from: Topazora on Apr 22, 2012, 10:39:56 PM

This is why people instead of saying "pretty cool" "I love" and all the blabla when they have direct contact with artists is actually go deep into the art.
This would firstly spot the people who steal.
And secondly this would give you an overview of how deep a piece can be considered as art (the biggest con because Michael Bay would be off the table instantly HAHA and so some people if asked about their art could go mad because they don't have much to say about it.  :D)

Honestly I got nothing against what is wrongly called "stealing".
Some of my videos have been taken and I don't give a damn.
I know I made them and this is the reward.
And the fact it is post by someone else we make himself the author of something he didn't made add even more value to my work usually -> Because people pay attention and think it is worth to act like this for such a thing.

Though, I'm not against either for a small credit somewhere, but it's not necessary.
Things start on small sizes like this but if you take them on big scales, you give all the reasons to have ACTA, SOPA, PIPA, whatever law for the internet regulation.
And that I hate in the world  ;)

chupacabras acheronsis

people can do whatever they want with an image. i don't care wherever my pics end up, but if someone wants to pretend he's doing my work, he better get ready to explain a flood of humilliating stuff that's going to find it's way under his name. by the mouth dies the fish...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed