Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,790 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Excellent post Bat Chain. It's like you were a woman in a former life. :P

Bat Chain Puller

I'm glad you agree with me. Even though I seem be picking up on unusual levels of bias from you recently.

Spoiler
Dat Rock Salt
[close]

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 15, 2012, 05:50:59 AM
It's like you were a woman in a former life. :P
We all start out female. We just require an extra hormone given at the right developmental stage to make us male.
Spoiler
[close]

I went through that 'nice guy' stage were I did everything my momma taught me. Works great in order to have lots of female friends (and the blue ball bitterness that comes with it.) I'm not saying I quit being nice and just started being aloof or anything. Keep the nice. Use it like a spice. You can't make a whole meal out of it. It's all about being yourself without 'trying' to be something specific that you saw in some movie or television show. Women watch those shows too and will spot your perpetrating ass a mile off.  ;D

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 15, 2012, 06:19:31 AM
I'm glad you agree with me. Even though I seem be picking up on unusual levels of bias from you recently.
Just givin' credit where credit is due, my friend. 8)

Something else I hate, since we're on the topic of romance and relationships:
I hate that romantic love is essentially one of Nature's evil con jobs, driven almost exclusively by the reproductive instinct. I hate the way our sexual impulses color and influence every little thing we do, and how it drives us to discount or diminish the humanity of other people around us based on our level of sexual attraction to them. It's tremendously disappointing and creepy. When you stop to think about it, sexual/romantic attraction is one of the most unsettling things to experience--why are you feeling this way? Because your body tells you to. And your body will forceably alter your brain chemistry to make you go along with its plans. It's disturbing. It's like the same thing as any other human bodily drive, except ten times more sinister. :P

SM

SM

You'll get over it.

Cvalda

Cvalda

In the same way that bleeding hearts grow old and swing to the right, sure, probably.

SM

SM

Nothing so drastic as that.  Just when your cynicism drops to a safe level.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 15, 2012, 06:39:56 AM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 15, 2012, 06:19:31 AM
Just givin' credit where credit is due, my friend. 8)

Something else I hate, since we're on the topic of romance and relationships:
I hate that romantic love is essentially one of Nature's evil con jobs, driven almost exclusively by the reproductive instinct. I hate the way our sexual impulses color and influence every little thing we do, and how it drives us to discount or diminish the humanity of other people around us based on our level of sexual attraction to them. It's tremendously disappointing and creepy. When you stop to think about it, sexual/romantic attraction is one of the most unsettling things to experience--why are you feeling this way? Because your body tells you to. And your body will forceably alter your brain chemistry to make you go along with its plans. It's disturbing. It's like the same thing as any other human bodily drive, except ten times more sinister. :P
I'll be damned if that's not up there with the top most cynical things I've ever read.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 15, 2012, 10:25:57 AM
I'll be damned if that's not up there with the top most cynical things I've ever read.
Ha. I'll take that as a compliment. :P
Bare in mind that bile came from someone who's been in a committed, happy relationship for the last four years. Sometimes reality is just very unpleasant. Doesn't mean relationships aren't any less special--it's just important to acknowledge the creepy evolutionary gear work that keeps them going.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 15, 2012, 10:32:24 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 15, 2012, 10:25:57 AM
Ha. I'll take that as a compliment. :P
Technically, yeah. I don't count poorly thought out 'cynicism' as such, so...

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 15, 2012, 10:32:24 AM
Bare in mind that bile came from someone who's been in a committed, happy relationship for the last four years. Sometimes reality is just very unpleasant. Doesn't mean relationships aren't any less special--it's just important to acknowledge the creepy evolutionary gear work that keeps them going.
Yeah, I guess it just really got to me because of the strange amount of truth to it... but there's always the fact that it can (...mostly) happily be ignored forever.

So technically, I guess this ties in to what I was originally going to say, wondering if you've been smoking a little bit of plant tonight.  :D

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 15, 2012, 10:35:36 AM
So technically, I guess this ties in to what I was originally going to say, wondering if you've been smoking a little bit of plant tonight.  :D
Nah. Stuff does nothing for me. ;)

SM

SM

QuoteDoesn't mean relationships aren't any less special--it's just important to acknowledge the creepy evolutionary gear work that keeps them going.

No it isn't.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2012, 10:46:03 AM
No it isn't.
If you're not interested in the common subconscious motivators for human behavior, sure.

SM

SM

Oh those whacky "common subconscious motivators for human behavior" that doth vex everyone night and day while trying to go about their daily lives...

Cvalda

Cvalda

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age." Or just go about our daily lives, sure. :P

SM

SM

Or just pretentiously cut and paste HPL, sure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed