Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,579 times)

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 15, 2012, 02:18:41 AM
Helpful hint for the fellas who want to know what "treating women with respect" should actually mean: don't treat them how you expect they should be treated as women--treat them how you think they should be treated as people. Treat everyone equally, the same way you'd like to be treated yourself, regardless of gender, and you can't go wrong--because that's the way it should be. If only we lived in such a world, because we never will.

I always treat people as equal. Weather you're gay, straight, bi-sexual, tran-sexual, white, black, asian, guy, or female; you're a human being to me. Therefore, I treat you as every person should be treated like with equal rights. This was a nice 'debate' we had together Cvalda and I got to know you well, so what do you say, do you consider me as a friend?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 15, 2012, 02:26:36 AM
I always treat people as equal. Weather you're gay, straight, bi-sexual, tran-sexual, white, black, asian, guy, or female; you're a human being to me. Therefore, I treat you as every person should be treated like with equal rights. This was a nice 'debate' we had together Cvalda and I got to know you well, so what do you say, do you consider me as a friend?
Good man.
As much as one can be friends with someone on a message board, sure ;)

Rick Grimes

To tie all this in together, the one thing I hate is that out of all the respect I give and how nicely I treat women/female co-workers I have yet a girlfriend. #Hopelessromantic #foreveralone. But hopefully I will meet the One I've been waiting for soon.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Just be a good person and eventually another good person will see what a good person you are and then you two good people will be good together.

Also, don't put too much stock in romance. It's designed to end after a period of about three years anyway. The brain literally switches off the chemicals that lead to those wonderful, thrilling feelings because it's trying to make you go spread your genes elsewhere. Nature's pretty f**ked up that way. The best bet for a successful long term relationship is entering into one with someone who was an indispensable friend to begin with. Just look to make friends, not to make dates. That's how the best relationships come about, at least by my experience. ;)

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 15, 2012, 03:09:43 AM
Just be a good person and eventually another good person will see what a good person you are and then you two good people will be good together.

Also, don't put too much stock in romance. It's designed to end after a period of about three years anyway. The brain literally switches off the chemicals that lead to those wonderful, thrilling feelings because it's trying to make you go spread your genes elsewhere. Nature's pretty f**ked up that way. The best bet for a successful long term relationship is entering into one with someone who was an indispensable friend to begin with. Just look to make friends, not to make dates. That's how the best relationships come about, at least by my experience. ;)

Well you're never gonna believe this, where I work, their's a bunch of 16-20 year old good looking girls. And I'm trying to fit in by making friends and whatnot. Socializing like I should be (i'm not much of a social person, but now I have become a real sociable guy since working there)  anyways a worker their told me to go out with this girl who is a real nice person. Problem is she just happens to be the manager's daughter; So being the confident slightly cocky person I am at times i ask her out on a date in front of her mom (who is also one of the manager's as well) she just about deapanned me and said "no way will i go out with you at all". I talked to her mom about how I didn't get a job here "just so I can score some 'hunny' and want to make friends instead". I was told by her that at work we don't "preach fraternizing and forming relationships with other workers" but if it happens, it happens. The next week their's this girl (who never speaks a word to me whenever I say "hello" or tell her "good morning") says randomly to me "my boyfriend just broke up with me a week before our 1 year anniversary". Like what the hell! I'm not going for the re-bound plus she's still in high school so she has plenty of other guys to choose from besides average Joe me.

So what I've learned is that i should easily move into a friendship with someone and if that someone takes things to the next level then let them and we'll see where it goes from there. Although i did tell this one friend of mine who keeps talking about this one guy that she really likes because he "has so much money and nice dressing style" over-hearing her say that, I turned around and said "it's not about the size of his wallet or his fashionable tastes in clothes, but it's about the size of his heart on how much of a great person he is to you". It made her smile, and ever since then she's been talking to me. I also mentioned how she's only 16 and doesn't know "what real love is because you'll go through many relationships before finding the right one". See, I don't understand how I have so much knowledge in the relationship department; must be since I watch all these romantic date movies by myself crying while eating ice cream out of the carton lol!

Cvalda

Cvalda

Eh, I wouldn't take your cues from romance movies--especially in regards to finding "the One" :P There is no "the One." Almost no one ever ends up with "the One" in real life--they usually just end up with what they settle for. Sad but true. :P

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 15, 2012, 03:45:01 AM
Eh, I wouldn't take your cues from romance movies--especially in regards to finding "the One" :P There is no "the One." Almost no one ever ends up with "the One" in real life--they usually just end up with what they settle for. Sad but true. :P

My point taken. i'm just about to give up on finding "the One" and i'll just be happy with getting a person that love's me for who I am. And no, I do not take my cues from romance movies :P It just happens to feel like sometimes my life is a sappy romantic movie that has no happy ending.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 15, 2012, 03:56:34 AM
My point taken. i'm just about to give up on finding "the One" and i'll just be happy with getting a person that love's me for who I am. And no, I do not take my cues from romance movies :P It just happens to feel like sometimes my life is a sappy romantic movie that has no happy ending.
That's life in general. And don't give up hope yet, you're still very young. You'll properly lose hope later, for so goes the way of life ;) :P

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 15, 2012, 04:01:24 AM
Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 15, 2012, 03:56:34 AM
That's life in general. And don't give up hope yet, you're still very young. You'll properly lose hope later, for so goes the way of life ;) :P

I think by now you should know that I hate seeing people in a public relationship. Every time I see some happy couple walking in the park, or laughing together at the beach I always think that could be me with someone I love, and it really gets me upset with some of my Facebook friends posting stupid stuff about their relationships and all the drama that goes with it. Sometimes I'm happy that I'm single, makes my life less stressful and not too much drama to argue about.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Your life will not become "better" once you start having relationships--it'll just become more complicated. There'll be good times, and bad times, and then it'll be over. Then you meet someone else, and it begins again. Just be realistic about it and try not to take it too seriously :P Value your solitude, because you'll very much appreciate it down the road once the drama takes hold.

Rick Grimes

I think I'll value my solitude for another 4 years; since I feel like it's right to find a girlfriend when i'm at that age of 23, date her for 6 years, get married at 30 and have kids. I have it all planned out haha!

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

Speaking of relationships and what not, recently in my school, maybe in the past week, there's been an explosion of girls suddenly taking a liking to me. I was absent one day, I come back, and suddenly the guys are telling me all these things girls said about me and girls are saying I look like Leonardo DiCaprio. Now, at first I saw this as bullshit because this shit doesn't just happen in one day. But then a few of my friends say it's been like this since a year ago, and my reaction is "WTF?!Where was all this when I actually cared?" Now im not extremly popular, but im fairly popular and most of my good friends are in the extremely popular crowd, so this news came as a major shock to me. I get back from break Monday, so let's see if this actually lasts.
So, in short, im basically pissed at my friends who were under the impression I knew about this untill last week.

On a lighter side, I hate people who get that jolting,utterly confused, gape faced expression of slight worry when they can't figure out where the line starts at f**king McDonalds. America, am I right?

Rick Grimes

That's just human nature about people getting confused as to where the line begins at McDonald's. It's funnier at my restaurant when watching people try to find our ketchup packets since we have them at the counter and they're all like "where the ketchup at?!"

And about your sudden sporadic school popularity, see if it works and talk to some of these girls. Who knows, could get you lucky. Like i said before, this girl at my work never talks to me and now after her boyfriend breaks up she's talking with me. That's another thing, i hate it when girls constantly rant on about how they "can't find the right guy in a relationship" yet the 'right guy' for them is right in front of their face. Reason why they are completely oblivious to that guy is because he is in the dreaded "Friend Zone" and so that girl goes on to the next white trash abusive bad boy while the right guy is left being ignored.....

shamash

shamash

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 15, 2012, 05:01:41 AM
That's just human nature about people getting confused as to where the line begins at McDonald's. It's funnier at my restaurant when watching people try to find our ketchup packets since we have them at the counter and they're all like "where the ketchup at?!"

And about your sudden sporadic school popularity, see if it works and talk to some of these girls. Who knows, could get you lucky. Like i said before, this girl at my work never talks to me and now after her boyfriend breaks up she's talking with me. That's another thing, i hate it when girls constantly rant on about how they "can't find the right guy in a relationship" yet the 'right guy' for them is right in front of their face. Reason why they are completely oblivious to that guy is because he is in the dreaded "Friend Zone" and so that girl goes on to the next white trash abusive bad boy while the right guy is left being ignored.....

Because they might not find that right guy for them attractive... harsh but true.

Bat Chain Puller

One of the biggest myths for guys (lets say between the normal/average ages of 15-25) is that being a nice guy somehow, someway entitles you to a sexual relationship.

You need to be more than nice. You have to be charming, charismatic, clever, ironic, intelligent, and funny in more ways than just your friends 'get.' I find it very hard to imagine that just by being 'nice, pleasant, agreeable, chivalrous, and having  good listening skills' is what a woman wants in a man. It's what a woman wants in a 'friend' ... hence the 'zone'.

Woman have awesome radar for awkward nice guys who are insecure and just behave like a doting butler to get in good with them. And some women aren't beyond intentionally using (or even aware they use) these guys to prop themselves back up.

Another myth is that women only like bad boys. Bullshit. But there is some sliver of truth inherent in that line of thinking since bad boys are almost always more interesting than nice guys.

Interesting is KEY.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed