Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,939 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I wish the PS3 had that feature. XBL Parties are ballin'.

walker31

walker31

You know what I hate, the current stream of vile piss that flows from the mainstream music industry right now.  How many songs do we need about livin it up at "the club"?  Other than the cockroaches on Jersey Shore, does anyone else really go clubbin every night and hook up?!  AND, I hate that thing some singers do at the beginning of a song, where they say a shout out or whatever, then do that God awful annoying wanna be sexy Laugh!!  Like, man I just crack myself up, haha.  I think every mainstream song right now is either about 'damn girl so sexy, let's hookup' or going to the 'club' and hookin up.   How do these "artists" with the brain of an ameoba, who have no ability to write music or even, imagine this, play one real musical instrument, get a record deal?  The poetic lyrics of these songs are generic at best, to the point of rhyming a word with itself in the next stanza.  As if it's too difficult to rhyme a word with "you".  Last thing in this rant of things I hate, when these "artists" have to shout out their own names in the song for more attention on themselves!  No wonder most people who have genuine taste in music choose to either listen to the classics, or more underground bands.

Topazora

Topazora

which is why I listen to Pandora, audio novels and music on my iPod.  I don't bother with the radio anymore.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

walker31, I sympathize. Remember that it's all about supply and demand but if this helps, what's in demand is a reflection of those demanding it.

walker31

walker31

^^Which truly disturbs me if this is a true reflection of our society.  I feel in many ways we as a people have come a long way, but, in many respects, we have neglected the things which have advanced us in education, culture, and social behavior.

Cvalda

Cvalda

I wouldn't say all mainstream pop music is terrible--some of it is good. Madonna still knows how to craft a tune, for example. But by and large, these definitely are decadent times we're living in culturally, and it's not going to get any better. Treasure your extant music collection folks, because that's the best you're likely going to have.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: walker31 on Apr 05, 2012, 07:56:41 PM
^^Which truly disturbs me if this is a true reflection of our society.  I feel in many ways we as a people have come a long way, but, in many respects, we have neglected the things which have advanced us in education, culture, and social behavior.

I hate to use a cliche, but: "kids today".

The PredBen

I wouldn't say 'hate,' but there are times when I really dislike my generation. Then again, I suppose most people feel this way at one time or another.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: walker31 on Apr 05, 2012, 05:57:14 PM
You know what I hate, the current stream of vile piss that flows from the mainstream music industry right now.  How many songs do we need about livin it up at "the club"?  Other than the cockroaches on Jersey Shore, does anyone else really go clubbin every night and hook up?!  AND, I hate that thing some singers do at the beginning of a song, where they say a shout out or whatever, then do that God awful annoying wanna be sexy Laugh!!  Like, man I just crack myself up, haha.  I think every mainstream song right now is either about 'damn girl so sexy, let's hookup' or going to the 'club' and hookin up.   How do these "artists" with the brain of an ameoba, who have no ability to write music or even, imagine this, play one real musical instrument, get a record deal?  The poetic lyrics of these songs are generic at best, to the point of rhyming a word with itself in the next stanza.  As if it's too difficult to rhyme a word with "you".  Last thing in this rant of things I hate, when these "artists" have to shout out their own names in the song for more attention on themselves!  No wonder most people who have genuine taste in music choose to either listen to the classics, or more underground bands.

I'm sorry to break it to ya, but there's shitty music, there always has been shitty music, and there always will be shitty music. There's as much quality stuff now as there was 50 years ago, and there's as much completely terrible drivel now as there was 50 years ago. We just don't remember the shit from 50 years ago, because it was shit. Same thing'll happen with the music today. The talented musicians will be remembered, while everyone else fades into obscurity.

r888

r888

robbers

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 07, 2012, 12:47:48 AM
Quote from: walker31 on Apr 05, 2012, 05:57:14 PM

I'm sorry to break it to ya, but there's shitty music, there always has been shitty music, and there always will be shitty music. There's as much quality stuff now as there was 50 years ago, and there's as much completely terrible drivel now as there was 50 years ago. We just don't remember the shit from 50 years ago, because it was shit. Same thing'll happen with the music today. The talented musicians will be remembered, while everyone else fades into obscurity.

It's what sells. The music industry these days has about as much originality and creativity as Hollywood does. And because the masses are largely comprised of morons who can't get behind meaningful lyrics, it's all we get. I don't think the shitty artists will be forgotten entirely. I do think they will be remembered, if only, because they were so terrible.

The PredBen

I don't think shitty artists today will be forgotten. The world is so different now, with the internet and all, it's easier to stay famous IMO with things like Youtube and Twitter.

Crazy Rich

And money...

The PredBen

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Apr 07, 2012, 03:46:08 AM
And money...

That too. If you were famous for a while, and then everyone realized you were shit late in your career, you probably still have a sizable amount of cash leftover to self-promote yourself.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I think even those artists realize when it's time to stop. They can't go on forever.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed