Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,648 times)

The PredBen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 26, 2011, 10:26:48 PM
Quote from: The PredBen on Jul 26, 2011, 09:35:00 PM
I'm aware of the influence they have today. But it's kinda sad that Christianity and Islam both have over 1 billion people. Judaism has about 15 million tops.

Is that why, on a dating site, Jewish girls make a point of saying they'll only date Jewish guys?

No I don't think so. Because in Judaism, at least more religious mainstream Judaism, the Jewish faith passes through the mother, not the father. So a Jewish girl religious enough to only seek out a fellow Jew probably is aware of this.

Perhaps, just like various ethnic/religious groups, they perfer to marry within their ethnicity.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Keg on Jul 26, 2011, 09:36:50 PMOh and Mal when I said you were being close minded I meant in the context of this discussion not in general, related to religion or otherwise.
Uh, I was keeping it in the context of this discussion, thank you.

Quote from: Keg on Jul 26, 2011, 09:36:50 PMJust in the sense that everything anybody said you would not entertain or discuss you would simply shoot it down as if your opinion was fact and when somebody starts doing that it just leads to arguments and I dont really want to get into a huge argument about it, especially because with religion we could end up offending people on the forum and I dont think either of wanted to do that.
First, I know the difference between fact and opinion. Just because some others don't or they want to do a little flim-flam to confuse things is not my fault.

Secondly, as callous as it may sound to you and others, I really don't give a shit if I offend somebody's religious sensibilities. Really. I'm not Xtian, I don't have to follow their rules. I'm not Muslim or Jewish, same deal. If I scream out the Lord's name in vain by accident or not, it's up to the Xtian to deal with it within, not me. Now, having said that, I'm not going to go out of my way to offend others and I would deplore any such deliberate action taken against others. If I am in a Jewish or Muslim household, I'm not going to reach into a Subway bag and eat a pulled pork sandwich. But, in neutral territory, I'm free.

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 26, 2011, 10:14:37 PM
I stand firm in what I believe as I had experienced a miracle that the entire family name believes in.

June 30, 1991. I was born but the unfortunate happens, I was not breathing properly and was dying. After putting up a fight the doctors just gave up as they 'knew' my death was 'certain'. As they just allowed me to die and my parents cried an Irish nurse said a prayer as she stayed to comfort me in death. Then a miracle happened, I cheated 'certain' death. My parents occasionally refer to me as the 'miracle baby'.

With that said, you can believe what you want but I stand firm in my belief.
That's fine, but if it is an According-to-Hoyle miracle, there would have to be more to it, like, say God was seen in the room, or something else to that effect. If anything could have caused you to survive, then any other explanation is just as good as a miracle. Before I would rush to say it was a miracle, I would have to eliminate all other possibilities, known and unknown, and if a miracle was what was left, then so be it.

Quote from: The PredBen on Jul 26, 2011, 10:46:38 PMPerhaps, just like various ethnic/religious groups, they perfer to marry within their ethnicity.
I like Jewish girls because they have to wear bikinis. It's part of their religion.

The PredBen

Is it really? I have little knowledge on the Jewish faith and practices.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 26, 2011, 10:26:48 PMIs that why, on a dating site, Jewish girls make a point of saying they'll only date Jewish guys?
Mostly so that they can avoid lamenting things like, "I don't know why, but my Ahmed feels out of place when he goes to temple with me. He's got the right-to-left thing down okay, but he has some trouble pronouncing the words. Oh! But he makes a mean lentil soup!"

Quote from: The PredBen on Jul 26, 2011, 11:11:10 PM
Of course! They gotta separate the milk from the meat!
;D

The PredBen

Quote from: maledoro on Jul 26, 2011, 11:13:31 PM
Quote from: The PredBen on Jul 26, 2011, 11:11:10 PM
Of course! They gotta separate the milk from the meat!
;D

Golden.

maledoro

maledoro

Tell 'em yer ol' Uncle Moishedoro said it!
;)

Pn2501

Keg

Keg

Quote from: maledoro on Jul 26, 2011, 11:07:48 PM
Quote from: Keg on Jul 26, 2011, 09:36:50 PMOh and Mal when I said you were being close minded I meant in the context of this discussion not in general, related to religion or otherwise.
Uh, I was keeping it in the context of this discussion, thank you.

Quote from: Keg on Jul 26, 2011, 09:36:50 PMJust in the sense that everything anybody said you would not entertain or discuss you would simply shoot it down as if your opinion was fact and when somebody starts doing that it just leads to arguments and I dont really want to get into a huge argument about it, especially because with religion we could end up offending people on the forum and I dont think either of wanted to do that.
First, I know the difference between fact and opinion. Just because some others don't or they want to do a little flim-flam to confuse things is not my fault.

Secondly, as callous as it may sound to you and others, I really don't give a shit if I offend somebody's religious sensibilities. Really. I'm not Xtian, I don't have to follow their rules. I'm not Muslim or Jewish, same deal. If I scream out the Lord's name in vain by accident or not, it's up to the Xtian to deal with it within, not me. Now, having said that, I'm not going to go out of my way to offend others and I would deplore any such deliberate action taken against others. If I am in a Jewish or Muslim household, I'm not going to reach into a Subway bag and eat a pulled pork sandwich. But, in neutral territory, I'm free.

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 26, 2011, 10:14:37 PM
I stand firm in what I believe as I had experienced a miracle that the entire family name believes in.

June 30, 1991. I was born but the unfortunate happens, I was not breathing properly and was dying. After putting up a fight the doctors just gave up as they 'knew' my death was 'certain'. As they just allowed me to die and my parents cried an Irish nurse said a prayer as she stayed to comfort me in death. Then a miracle happened, I cheated 'certain' death. My parents occasionally refer to me as the 'miracle baby'.

With that said, you can believe what you want but I stand firm in my belief.
That's fine, but if it is an According-to-Hoyle miracle, there would have to be more to it, like, say God was seen in the room, or something else to that effect. If anything could have caused you to survive, then any other explanation is just as good as a miracle. Before I would rush to say it was a miracle, I would have to eliminate all other possibilities, known and unknown, and if a miracle was what was left, then so be it.

Quote from: The PredBen on Jul 26, 2011, 10:46:38 PMPerhaps, just like various ethnic/religious groups, they perfer to marry within their ethnicity.
I like Jewish girls because they have to wear bikinis. It's part of their religion.

So basically youre just a troll then? Thought so.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Alright guys, let's keep it civil shall we. Funny how these arguments always start over religion. Jus' sayin'  :laugh:

Effectz

Effectz

Terx2

Terx2

People that blame real world violence on video games >:(. Video games don't make people violent. Humans have always being violent.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Keg on Jul 27, 2011, 10:36:49 AMSo basically youre just a troll then? Thought so.
So basically, you're presumptive with everything you say? Proven.

Quote from: Vulhala on Jul 27, 2011, 10:42:07 AM
Alright guys, let's keep it civil shall we. Funny how these arguments always start over religion. Jus' sayin'  :laugh:
I haven't resorted to name calling, so I'm keeping it civil.

Quote from: Terx2 on Jul 27, 2011, 11:14:20 AMHumans have always being violent.
And various things make them violent.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: maledoro on Jul 27, 2011, 11:31:15 AM

Like the Carbon Tax :laugh: >:(

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Terx2 on Jul 27, 2011, 11:33:59 AM
I know what the Carbon Tax is, but how does it make someone violent?

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: maledoro on Jul 27, 2011, 11:38:00 AM
Quote from: Terx2 on Jul 27, 2011, 11:33:59 AM
I know what the Carbon Tax is, but how does it make someone violent?

Heaps of people work in the coal mining industry and if the tax goes through than the company's wouldn't earn enough money to pay the workers,equipment or transportation and they'd lose there jobs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed