Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,926 times)

First Blood

Prison_Mike

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 29, 2011, 08:42:41 PM
Quote from: Prison_Mike on Apr 29, 2011, 08:38:37 PM
I'm not name calling

::)

GOD! All my point is is that you need to help people in need and not just your family, which Blain is saying, how is that not selfish?! How is he not a dick?! How am I the crazy one when he refuses to care about anybody else on the planet?!

Nightmare Asylum

Mike, I completely agree with you, people need to help each other, which unfortunately a lot of people don't do :(

I think what everyone is upset about, though, is the name calling. You can get your point across without calling people names.

Prison_Mike

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 29, 2011, 08:46:26 PM
Mike, I completely agree with you, people need to help each other, which unfortunately a lot of people don't do :(

I think what everyone is upset about, though, is the name calling. You can get your point across without calling people names.

I know, BLAIN just infuriates me.

BANE

BANE

QuoteI'm not name calling, I'm telling you that you are the textbook definition of selfish. And because I feel compassion for others and not a bunch of rich leeching British bums, makes me an idiot? And making a family feel better by donating $50 like I did for the aid in Japan, does not meet the definition of futility, it meets the definition of kindness, something you seem to lack.

What do I hate, selfish dicks.
So from $10, to $1, to $50? Now we're climbing up the ladder. To be honest, you'll need to donate closer to $350 to actually do something significant for even one family. Until then, all you're doing is donating money which will get spread through costs of transport and food, which won't even reach a millionth of the people affected. As I said, it's kinda futile.

And I really never said I cared about the royal family's wedding. In fact, I explicitly stated that I merely would choose cheery news over glum news, if given a choice over things I couldn't give two shits about.

Selfish? Maybe, but that's how you survive in these harsh economic times. A dick? Well, I haven't really called you any names, meanwhile you're spewing hatred like a fire hydrant. So who's really the textbook definition of a dick? You, to be perfectly honest. I'll take selfish over dick any day.

By the way, Selfish and dick don't go hand in hand. I'm selfish, sure, but certainly not a dick. I never said "Oh, I love people dying in Japan". That would make me a dick. Merely not caring, nor interfering: not really a dick.

QuoteI did for the aid in Japan, does not meet the definition of futility, it meets the definition of kindness, something you seem to lack.
Again, $50 doesn't do much. Thanks for your donation, though.
I'm very kind to the people I know and interact with. Just the other day I saw a guy in a wheelchair with bandages on his leg, waiting for the bus with tears of pain in his eyes, and for someone who rarely cries, I must say I was surprised to find myself tearing up as well. I also do quite a bit of community work. So don't tell me I'm not kind or lack compassion.

QuoteHow am I the crazy one when he refuses to care about anybody else on the planet?!
I found another way to describe you!!!
"Doesn't read the posts of people he replies to"

The feeling is more than mutual, my friend.

Prison_Mike

Prison_Mike

Quote from: BLAIN on Apr 29, 2011, 08:47:25 PM
QuoteI'm not name calling, I'm telling you that you are the textbook definition of selfish. And because I feel compassion for others and not a bunch of rich leeching British bums, makes me an idiot? And making a family feel better by donating $50 like I did for the aid in Japan, does not meet the definition of futility, it meets the definition of kindness, something you seem to lack.

What do I hate, selfish dicks.
So from $10, to $1, to $50? Now we're climbing up the ladder. To be honest, you'll need to donate closer to $350 to actually do something significant for even one family. Until then, all you're doing is donating money which will get spread through costs of transport and food, which won't even reach a millionth of the people affected. As I said, it's kinda futile.

And I really never said I cared about the royal family's wedding. In fact, I explicitly stated that I merely would choose cheery news over glum news, if given a choice over things I couldn't give two shits about.Selfish? Maybe, but that's how you survive in these harsh economic times. A dick? Well, I haven't really called you any names, meanwhile you're spewing hatred like a fire hydrant. So who's really the textbook definition of a dick? You, to be perfectly honest. I'll take selfish over dick any day.

By the way, Selfish and dick don't go hand in hand. I'm selfish, sure, but certainly not a dick. I never said "Oh, I love people dying in Japan". That would make me a dick. Merely not caring, nor interfering: not really a dick.

QuoteI did for the aid in Japan, does not meet the definition of futility, it meets the definition of kindness, something you seem to lack.
Again, $50 doesn't do much. Thanks for your donation, though.
I'm very kind to the people I know and interact with. Just the other day I saw a guy in a wheelchair with bandages on his leg, waiting for the bus with tears of pain in his eyes, and for someone who rarely cries, I must say I was surprised to find myself tearing up as well. I also do quite a bit of community work. So don't tell me I'm not kind or lack compassion.

QuoteHow am I the crazy one when he refuses to care about anybody else on the planet?!
I found another way to describe you!!!
"Doesn't read the posts of people he replies to"

The feeling is more than mutual, my friend.

I said you should at least give a dollar, and I do not need $350 just to make a family happy! It shows that you can't live without 350 dollars worth of needless material. I don'tcare if it affects a trilionth, if it helps IT DAMN HELPS, how yyou fail to understand any of this, does in fact make you selfish. If you are proud of that, again, I hope karma is FAST acting, because you deserve the worst of it.
And yes, you are selfish and a dick, why, because you only care about yourself and your family and nothing else, I wouldn't be suprised if you care more about your  mother who got a sprained leg then a Libyian rebel without legs. That is my point.

BANE

BANE

I said you should at least give a dollar, and I do not need $350 just to make a family happy! It shows that you can't live without 350 dollars worth of needless material. I don'tcare if it affects a trilionth, if it helps IT DAMN HELPS, how yyou fail to understand any of this, does in fact make you selfish. If you are proud of that, again, I hope karma is FAST acting, because you deserve the worst of it.
I see we've stopped the name calling. For that I am deeply grateful.

I guess that's where you and I differ: you like to help in every little way possible, whereas I think big picture and like to help only in larger ways. Does wanting to help in a larger way and avoiding what I think is futile make me selfish? Certainly not. Just because I don't donate to the same causes you do doesn't in any way automatically make me selfish.

And if you really think not donating to charity deserves the full brunt of karma, then good lord, you're insane.

QuoteAnd yes, you are selfish and a dick, why, because you only care about yourself and your family and nothing else, I wouldn't be suprised if you care more about your  mother who got a sprained leg then a Libyian rebel without legs. That is my point.
If you don't care more about your mother than a random Libyan, you're a complete imbecile.

Prison_Mike

Quote from: BLAIN on Apr 29, 2011, 08:54:33 PM
I see we've stopped the name calling. For that I am deeply grateful.
http://www.youthradio.org/oldsite/indeximages/wtnwbump.gif

I guess that's where you and I differ: you like to help in every little way possible, whereas I think big picture and like to help only in larger ways. Does wanting to help in a larger way and avoiding what I think is futile make me selfish? Certainly not. Just because I don't donate to the same causes you do doesn't in any way automatically make me selfish.

And if you really think not donating to charity deserves the full brunt of karma, then good lord, you're insane.

I think you deserve karma for not caring about anybody else on the planet but the people you know. What makes you selfish is your failiure to feel compassion for everything but what you know. Your lack of feeling for anyone Japan, but more toward your mom falling down (I know you never said that I'm giving an example) makes you selfish. You simply don't care about men and woman drowing, mangled, families seperated, children drowning, people suffering from radiation poisining, if you don't feel an ounce of sadness, then I am saying something is wrong with you.

BANE

BANE

QuoteI think you deserve karma for not caring about anybody else on the planet but the people you know. What makes you selfish is your failiure to feel compassion for everything but what you know. Your lack of feeling for anyone Japan, but more toward your mom falling down (I know you never said that I'm giving an example) makes you selfish. You simply don't care about men and woman drowing, mangled, families seperated, children drowning, people suffering from radiation poisining, if you don't feel an ounce of sadness, then I am saying something is wrong with you.
As I said, I did used to feel sad about every little thing, but to be honest, there's just too f**king much. Thus, I block it. And what do you really think Karma is going to give me? That when I die nobody in the world will care except my family and friends, who I care about? Isn't that how it works anyway? Come on man. Enough of this.

Vulhala

Vulhala

QuoteEnough of this.

I quite agree. What a thoroughly charming fellow though.

BANE

BANE

hmmm.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Sorry Blain but saying "do something that matters, pay your taxes" is a little short sighted. Try telling that to the thousands of British citizens that were the victims of budget cuts that now have to watch their millions in taxes go toward a charade of a wedding for a family, as sharp sticks put it, has little more than sentimental value. That's a tough pill to swallow.

Fujimaster

LOL @ this thread

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: BLAIN on Apr 29, 2011, 07:45:33 PM
Why should I feel attachment for people I've never met? The world's population increases by over a million every week, regardless of deaths. I feel terrible for you, constantly mourning the deaths of people you've never known. Folly, is what it is. And you mention charities: half the charities you hear of don;t even send all your money to the intended places. There's corruption where corruption shouldn't exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMuXwdUS_Lc#

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Ghostface on Apr 30, 2011, 10:24:43 AM
Sorry Blain but saying "do something that matters, pay your taxes" is a little short sighted. Try telling that to the thousands of British citizens that were the victims of budget cuts that now have to watch their millions in taxes go toward a charade of a wedding for a family, as sharp sticks put it, has little more than sentimental value. That's a tough pill to swallow.

It's already been well documented in the media here that the money we got from tourism just over the past week more than paid for the wedding. And the money that will be created by the spike in interest and subsequent tourism will bring will pay the taxpayer back manyfold.

And that's not even mentioning the positive effect it's had on public morale as well. The country needed something like this to bring us all back together. I'd say the Wedding was a huge success on many levels. Don't feel sorry for us in the slightest ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed