Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,640 times)

maledoro

BANE

BANE

I don't understand all the hate for the royal family.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: BLAIN on Apr 29, 2011, 03:30:48 PM

I'm more of a "I get it. They're f**king getting married. Now shut the hell up." kind of person.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Apr 29, 2011, 03:34:45 PM

I'm more of a "I get it. They're f**king getting married. Now shut the hell up." kind of person.
Ah. Makes sense.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: BLAIN on Apr 29, 2011, 03:38:04 PM
Quote from: Ghost Rider on Apr 29, 2011, 03:34:45 PM

Ah. Makes sense.

Yeah, I don't hate them. It just gets annoying.

Sharp Sticks

They're a bunch of dudes who the British people pay taxes to make rich, for the sake of them being rich. They aren't necessary anymore.

Nothing personal though.

Prison_Mike

I hate the royal family as well. I hate them because the British tax payer has some of the taxes go into making them feel nice and conftorable, and are government supported, yet they have no say in the government, and the reason they exist is because the "royal blood" is in them, yet, it is so watered down that they don't even have it anymore. Except for Charles, they are a bunch of jobless leeches. My other problem? The U.S, my current location, is spending more time on the royal wedding on every single damn news channel, rather then news that actually matters.

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Apr 29, 2011, 06:09:16 PM

They're a bunch of dudes who the British people pay taxes to make rich, for the sake of them being rich. They aren't necessary anymore.

Nothing personal though.

This.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Prison_Mike on Apr 29, 2011, 06:13:23 PM

I hate the royal family as well. I hate them because the British tax payer has some of the taxes go into making them feel nice and conftorable, and are government supported, yet they have no say in the government, and the reason they exist is because the "royal blood" is in them, yet, it is so watered down that they don't even have it anymore. Except for Charles, they are a bunch of jobless leeches. My other problem? The U.S, my current location, is spending more time on the royal wedding on every single damn news channel, rather then news that actually matters.

That's what us Yanks are for.

Sharp Sticks

My problem is less with them and more with the media. They've completely dropped the ball. While Brad and Angelina are getting their tiaras fitted we're hearing nothing about Syria or the Ivory Coast, Afghanistan and Iraq are completely off the map, and we're only hearing about Libya because they have oil. Canada is rushing headlong into a federal election, but the front page of the newspaper is cute little royal family likenesses made in Lego blocks.

These distractions wear thin very quickly.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Apr 29, 2011, 06:24:08 PM
My problem is less with them and more with the media. They've completely dropped the ball. While Brad and Angelina are getting their tiaras fitted we're hearing nothing about Syria or the Ivory Coast, Afghanistan and Iraq are completely off the map, and we're only hearing about Libya because they have oil. Canada is rushing headlong into a federal election, but the front page of the newspaper is cute little royal family likenesses made in Lego blocks.

Yep. Bring on the real news.

Space Sweeper

When people spell "he's" as "his". And then to top it off, they write "his" in the "his" sense a couple sentences later. Please, f**k off.

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Apr 29, 2011, 06:24:08 PM

British royalty > Foreign humans being oppressed & gunned down

It's a media tradition.

BANE

BANE

QuoteI hate the royal family as well. I hate them because the British tax payer has some of the taxes go into making them feel nice and conftorable, and are government supported, yet they have no say in the government, and the reason they exist is because the "royal blood" is in them, yet, it is so watered down that they don't even have it anymore. Except for Charles, they are a bunch of jobless leeches.
They're a symbol of a royalty that ruled for thousands of years, the most powerful family that has existed in Britain. It's through that family that Britain achieved it's glory as a powerful empire, which has significantly declined of late if I may say so. I think honouring a family that ruled for thousands of years and shaped Britain into what it is isn't a bad thing at all.

However, I must say I too find the media coverage ridiculous.

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2011, 06:29:25 PM
British royalty > Foreign humans being oppressed & gunned down

It's a media tradition.

You can't explain that.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2011, 06:29:25 PM
When people spell "he's" as "his". And then to top it off, they write "his" in the "his" sense a couple sentences later. Please, f**k off.

Is that directed at me?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed