Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,794 times)

Predator Queen

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 24, 2011, 03:04:43 AM
The one thing that makes me burn with pure rage.
http://www.serpnseo.com/images/vibram_fivefingers_shoes.jpg
I have never seen anyone wear them before... I just see people at stores trying, begging pleading for you to buy a pair though.

CavatinaTheXeno

Humans for what we are sometimes it Bull****!. >:(

The Captain

Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 25, 2011, 03:30:52 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 24, 2011, 03:04:43 AM
The one thing that makes me burn with pure rage.
http://www.serpnseo.com/images/vibram_fivefingers_shoes.jpg
I have never seen anyone wear them before... I just see people at stores trying, begging pleading for you to buy a pair though.

People wear those things by CHOICE. Really?

DoomRulz

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The Captain on Mar 25, 2011, 07:13:33 PM
People wear those things by CHOICE. Really?
Yeah. They think those shoes are cool, but they have no idea what they were made for.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What were they made for?

maledoro

m41guy

m41guy

Minimalist running.

There have been studies showing that most running injuries come from too much padding in running shoes and running heel to toe vs ball/midfoot running or "Pose" running.  Nike themselves discovered this but kept on with their designs.  The point of these shoes is to remove most of the padding and almost force you to run correctly.  I have a pair and I love them but it takes a little time to get used to so little padding.  Basically the only thing seperating my feet between the pavement is a rubber sole.  I can only run about 3-4 miles before my feet hurt compared to 6-8 in running shoes(VERY broke in).  I dont get too much time to really train with them though it's more of a hobby but I want to eventually switch over to them full time.
If a person is interested in it I would advise slowly moving into them using something like the Nike Free's first. 
Also, read the book "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall.  It offers a very interesting theory that we evolved to be distance runners.

maledoro

maledoro

Yep. You want to start out with about 10% of your running in this form and work your way up. When you run barefoot, you have a natural tendency to strike on your midfoot. When wearing a minimalist shoe, I pretend that I am barefoot and that helps me with my form.

SiL

SiL

I just use Dunlop Volleys. Them bitches aren't padded for shit.

maledoro

maledoro

The Dunlops are probably going to weigh more than the New Balance Minimus.

SiL

SiL

Impressive, considering how light the volleys are!

But I can wear the volleys in a shopping center and not feel like an idiot, so I think it balances :P

maledoro

maledoro

Here are the specs of the trail runner: Clicky

201 grams is not too heavy for a running shoe...

m41guy

m41guy

I think a co-worker was talking about these the other day.  I kinda like them.  I would actually wear them offroad.  I'm a little cautious doing so with my KSO's.  Guess I'm still afraid of breaking a toe on a rock or branch lol.

georgeromero

What i hate most is hypocrisy and war.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed