Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,807 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

i am become death, destroyer of worlds.

Predator Queen

I was on Ritalin for a few years then in 3rd grade they upped the prescription..... to a point I had a seizure in class...

ShadowPred

How sure are you that the seizure was because of the upped dose of Ritalin?

chupacabras acheronsis

you knew it was bad? why didn't you spit that crap?

the harder they struggled with me the harder i fought back. i was never going to give up. i was never going to admit there was somethin wrong with me.

ShadowPred

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 18, 2011, 04:41:47 AM
the harder they struggled with me the harder i fought back. i was never going to give up. i was never going to admit there was somethin wrong with me.

Inspirational words, no lie.

Predator Queen

Yah me and my mother were just talking about it and why I had to have those scans on my brain to see if it was just something wrong with my brain but it turned out the dose was even to high for an adult... and chupa I wasn't the hard headed female you know and love then so I did as I was told when I was much younger...

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 18, 2011, 04:33:13 AM
Ha. they still believe i took my Ritalin.

somewhere, inside an electrical plug, there is a neat pile of that shit. and a couple dead spiders, probably.

if you made a neat little pile, it definately doesn't sound like you needed ritalin :D

TheMonolith

It is my belief that many cases of ADD and ADHD are misdiagnosed.
I however have a genuine case.
I couldn't pay attention to anything for more than a minute.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 18, 2011, 04:36:04 AM
Australia shall send the great army.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: AvatarIII on Feb 18, 2011, 09:47:18 AM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 18, 2011, 04:33:13 AM
Ha. they still believe i took my Ritalin.

somewhere, inside an electrical plug, there is a neat pile of that shit. and a couple dead spiders, probably.

if you made a neat little pile, it definately doesn't sound like you needed ritalin :D

my ruthlessness blossomed into OCD by the time i was done with that.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 18, 2011, 01:40:20 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 18, 2011, 04:36:04 AM
Australia shall send the great army.

you know what this means?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faFuaYA-daw#

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 18, 2011, 04:42:30 AM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 18, 2011, 04:41:47 AM

Inspirational words, no lie.

Also from a mom's point of view as well.  I won't put my kid on meds.  My brother and I were sooo hyper and out of control growing up, and my mom still refused to medicate us.  We grew up ok, just very active/busy adults lol.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Predator Queen on Feb 18, 2011, 04:31:07 AM
You know with that in mind maybe a lot of kids are miss diagnosed... because if you truly had ADHD you wouldn't be able to pay attention to anything not even your favorite cartoon marathon that goes for 3 hours... but I can read a book for hours or stand still for hours if needed but when it comes to learning about something I don't care for I just ignore it.... I doodle the whole time... or just stare at a window..

Good for you, but that doesn't that's the case across the board. Different levels of the disorder affect different people.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Here is my take on ADHD (and variations thereof) as someone diagnosed and being treated for AADD.

ADHD is over diagnosed, specifically in young children (K-5 specifically, but 6-8 still problematic as well). This is also more towards young boys, and for reasons that aren't difficult to understand; boys are rambunctious.

I was first "diagnosed" around 4th grade (apx. 9 or 10 years old). I put this diagnosis in parenthesis as this was made by a school counselor, whom later recommended my mother that she take me to a doctor (of the counselors recommendation) and put me on Ritalin. My mother did not, and I did not protest (as I just wanted to be "normal"). Many of my friends were also "diagnosed," and to my recollection most, if not all, refused Rx. I was still placed in an ESE (Exceptional Student Education) class, which deals with learning disabilities (mild to extreme) to gifted (130+ IQ, which I was also placed in as such was a requirement for the school I attended, Pine View; which only exacerbated my embarrassment of being labeled "ADD").

I was properly diagnosed a few years later (I believe 8th grade) by a psychiatrist, but I still protested any medication, and did not take any. I denied not only the prescription, but also the disease itself. After the embarrassing (both by oversensitivity to the situation on my part, and the extremely condescending nature that many of the faculty held towards said situation) treatment I received at Pine View. So the problem went untreated throughout high school (which was a different school). Many of my teachers noticed, and lectured me to no end about slacking, missing assignments and the like, but I was long used to these speeches. Fortunately I was smart enough, and a good enough schmoozer/liar, that I pulled away with an 'A' average (mind you, this was no longer a school for "the gifted" and the curriculum was not particularly taxing).

Unfortunately, for me, such was not the case for college and "real life" in general. It took me over a year to finally look back and accept that ADD was a real disease and I really did have it. I made an appointment, received treatment (Adderall), and things began to improve drastically.

My problem was the way ADD/ADHD was over diagnosed, and the misunderstanding the general public seems to regard it with. These factors stopped me from receiving treatment much earlier, when it would have been much more beneficial (full disclosure: my own personal hangups also stood as a hurdle, though I can't accurately determine how much those were affected by the aforementioned treatment and stigmas). People were to willing to try and solve the problem of young boys being young boys, by giving them medication. This created a view of ADD/ADHD as an illegitimate disease, and just a new way to not deal with difficult children. Frankly, I'm against giving an Rx of this type to all but the most clear cut, and extreme, cases for pre-teens. This reluctance is not just a response to the over diagnosis and to curb the misinformation, or even to ensure they do have the disease (though this is a close secondary), but because giving amphetamines or analogous medications to young children is something that should be last resort, not first response.

That is something I hate. The over diagnosis of ADD/ADHD.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I once went through a similar situation when I was 6, Eido. I was supposedly diagnosed with ADHD and the psychiatrist wanted to put me on Ritalin. School and I weren't clicking but mum flat-out refused. Sure enough, turns out the school I was attending was just plain terrible for me coz when I switched, so did behaviour and attitude towards school.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Yeah that's a funny thing about school. If you don't like the school it your grades are affected and but if you switch to one you like. Your happier overall and can truelly learn.

Now what i hate alot is waking up knowing that i want to be asleep but my body just refuses to.

Like waking up at 4:34 am in the morning for example.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed