Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,711 times)

Meathead320

Meathead320

If you are being forced out of a vehicle, something is already wrong, as they can tell you to exit the vehicle, and you are required to comply. If you say "no I'm not getting out" – that is not a right. All you can do at that point is exit slowly, and do not resist or pull back in any way if they touch you. At this point you have to say "I do not consent to any searches" – you can and should verbally repeat this, be assertive, but do NOT yell, or scream, or say it fast and angry.

NEVER resist in any physical way either. Never pull your hand away, and do not, turn around quickly to look at his face etc... Don't resist physically.

Sure they will be an asshole, but I know for a fact in the USA, you are FAR better off using your rights.

Everything you say to them is recorded these days. They have audio and video on their cars (notice on those cop shows the recording pick up the voices from 50ft (about 22 meters) away?), as well as in every interrogation room, and your attorney has a right to view all recordings.

If say that you asked for your attorney and they say "**** you, you don't get one, answer the question or I kick your teeth in" - that cop IS going to get in a LOT of trouble. – because your lawyer will get a hold of that recording, and they have a right to view all of it. Cops get in trouble for this all the time, just doesn't always make it onto TV, but only if you exercise your rights, right away.

99.9% of the time, when people say "ohh I know my rights but...the cop was just being a dick", I can guarantee you that they SAID something that got used against themselves, and their lawyer was unable to do anything for them.

Often people will:

1. Make excuses for their actions – still admitting things

2. Tell stories, or lie – gives all sorts of things that get held against them in court

3. Tell the truth – which can inadvertently tie them to things they are not guilty for.

4. Try being rude back to the cop by insulting, raising their voice, swearing, and general belligerent behavior – just gives them more stuff to charge you with and probable cause for searching etc...

If people do not do any of those things (and it is VERY common they do all of the above) by using their 5th amendment, and asking for a lawyer first thing etc...then the cops don't get away with it.

It is very RARE for people to actually exercise their rights.

Most people do not know them, and that is exactly why cops away with it. Because we let them by not knowing our rights.

This is the HATE thread after all. I hate when I turn on the TV, and see on some channels these real fly on the wall interrogations that police do, and I constantly see people breaking those 4 big rules. Not once have I seen someone try to exercise their rights properly.

I hear friends tell stories about being arrested, and they tell me "here is what I said" – and the following verbal diarrhea they spew at me violates all 4 of those rules (they think what they said was really smart and creative), and then they follow with, "but I still got charged because the cop was a dick, and my lawyer wasn't any good".

Here's what really happened. They admitted to something that got used against them. Then their lawyer could not help them later, because they already admitted wrong doing with personal testimony. – this happens easily 99% of the time.

Think of it like this at the time of arrest. The cop always says "anything you say can and will be used against you in court", is just like somebody saying "If you give me that lead pipe, I'm going to beat you with it" – Would you give them that lead pipe?

MadassAlex

Street violence and street honour.

Some of my friends might be suffering because of it. And I might take a fall via association. This has been my life pretty recently and it would be a f**kload simpler if a few assholes would stop their dumbshit thuggery.

The PredBen

People who have no reason to be rude.

For some reason, in my school, there seems to be a rude trend. For example, whenever someone exceeds at something, someone puts them down.

One of my friends recently got a job. Only for another kid to insult where he works.

Why?

Nightmare Asylum

Because, unfortunately, that's how people are.

I live by these words:
"People are stupid, but an individual can change the world"

Unfortunately, even if that individual can change the world, odds are the people won't listen to him, because he's not the cool or popular one right now. And, I'm done, before I go on a rant...

The PredBen

Thing is, at my school, a lot of the more popular people are very nice. For some reason, in my school, its the band/drama club/ academics who are 'popular.' Its those who aren't who are mean. Kinda a reverse on the typical high school scenario.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The PredBen on Feb 13, 2011, 04:54:11 AM
Thing is, at my school, a lot of the more popular people are very nice. For some reason, in my school, its the band/drama club/ academics who are 'popular.' Its those who aren't who are mean. Kinda a reverse on the typical high school scenario.

I kind of get what you're saying. I think that most people just expect everything to fall into every stereotype they know of, even if they don't know that that is what they're thinking. And that's another thing  hate...

The PredBen

Indeed.

I also hate peole who use 'Jew' as an insult or form of degration. In my school, if you do ANYTHING stupid, people will call you a 'Jew.' I'm half Jewish ( full Jewish under jewish law) and it gets very Aggravating. But IDK its whatever.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The PredBen on Feb 13, 2011, 04:54:11 AM

Have cliques in your school?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The PredBen on Feb 13, 2011, 05:02:19 AM
I also hate peole who use 'Jew' as an insult or form of degration. In my school, if you do ANYTHING stupid, people will call you a 'Jew.'
I blame South Park (My brother and I use it in such a context, but wholly in jest).

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 13, 2011, 04:49:50 AMI live by these words: "People are stupid, but an individual can change the world"
I can think of one underachieving corporal in the German army who used to live by those same words.
;)

Quote from: The PredBen on Feb 13, 2011, 05:02:19 AMIn my school, if you do ANYTHING stupid, people will call you a 'Jew.'
"Stupid", as in an Einstein sort of way?

Space Sweeper

Quote from: maledoro on Feb 13, 2011, 12:30:14 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 13, 2011, 04:49:50 AMI live by these words: "People are stupid, but an individual can change the world"
I can think of one underachieving corporal in the German army who used to live by those same words.
;)
Oh...

chupacabras acheronsis

people are stupid, but a single stupid can make alot of stupids do something stupid.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 14, 2011, 04:12:23 PM
;)
Oh...
Actually, I was thinking of Hitler. Oh was in the Chinese army.
;D

Space Sweeper

Quote from: maledoro on Feb 14, 2011, 05:30:32 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 14, 2011, 04:12:23 PM
;)
Oh...
Actually, I was thinking of Hitler. Oh was in the Chinese army.
;D
:laugh: Good stuff.

Predator Queen

Parents who immediately put there kids on pills at young ages for all there little problems like ADHD or ADD and then the kids have to deal with the 500 side effects from those pills...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed