Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 409,721 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No, it's a warehouse for HP. My acting is completely separate from that.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Before we go too far off topic, what does HP stand for?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hewlett-Packard ;)

Nope

Nope

Is the Ark of the Covenant housed there too?  :P

SpaceMarines

Right next to cryogenically frozen Wesley Snipes.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Along with the Soulstone of Diablo.

chupacabras acheronsis

and the lost footage of Event Horizon

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They miss the VHS from The Ring though, so NERR

CainsSon

CainsSon

I think that the kind of objectivity you are applying is, sadly, above the level of concern most Americans are willing to make the effort to pay attention to.
We are a nation of lazy, sheltered, willful ignorants.
I'm sure that on some level, myself and everyone has certain intellectual areas of focus that we've no interest in. For me, I can't get into the idea of paying all kinds of attention to Athletes. This doesn't mean I think they serve no purpose, just that I have my own interests that lie elsewhere.
Unfortunately Americans these days are living in a dreamworld as to think that there aren't areas of universal concern. Like Health, The Enviornment, Economics etc. They are absolutely convinced that because it's someone else's concern it is to be of NO CONCERN to them. Of course this is dangerously lazy and we are already seeing the ramifications of it. When 'Science' is taught as a theory as relevant as 'Creationism' and Evolution is treated as toilet paper, we should not be wondering why our students are so below the rest of the world in science and mathematics. We are not teaching them to tell the differnce between fact and fiction. And as long as they are convinced that things like Wars are someting, someone else is concerned with, and that Politics is just Reality TV, why shouldn't they model their lives off of 'The Jersey Shore' get high, play video-games and let somebody ese worry about it?
I wish I could say the problem was as simple as Education but it's much larger than that.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

^ I really, really did not want to have this discussion here.  Really, really did not but not in the best mood today.

* Edit edit edit  :-X

Vulhala

Vulhala

Just out of interest, was there a post before yours CainsSon?

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: Vulhala on Jan 28, 2011, 10:31:11 PM
Just out of interest, was there a post before yours CainsSon?

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 28, 2011, 08:17:17 PM
I think that the kind of objectivity you are applying is, sadly, above the level of concern most Americans are willing to make the effort to pay attention to.
We are a nation of lazy, sheltered, willful ignorants.
I'm sure that on some level, myself and everyone has certain intellectual areas of focus that we've no interest in. For me, I can't get into the idea of paying all kinds of attention to Athletes. This doesn't mean I think they serve no purpose, just that I have my own interests that lie elsewhere.
Unfortunately Americans these days are living in a dreamworld as to think that there aren't areas of universal concern. Like Health, The Enviornment, Economics etc. They are absolutely convinced that because it's someone else's concern it is to be of NO CONCERN to them. Of course this is dangerously lazy and we are already seeing the ramifications of it. When 'Science' is taught as a theory as relevant as 'Creationism' and Evolution is treated as toilet paper, we should not be wondering why our students are so below the rest of the world in science and mathematics. We are not teaching them to tell the differnce between fact and fiction. And as long as they are convinced that things like Wars are someting, someone else is concerned with, and that Politics is just Reality TV, why shouldn't they model their lives off of 'The Jersey Shore' get high, play video-games and let somebody ese worry about it?
I wish I could say the problem was as simple as Education but it's much larger than that.

I could spend hours talking to you.

However I'm going to make this brief as well.

You can replie to me via pm if you want if you choose to read the spoiler.

Spoiler

Dream world?

Look buddy I don't know how high that high horse of yours goes up but man its got to be pretty high if your not seeing the cold hard truth of US americans.

For one I don't live in a dream world. I got years of pain, suffering and scars to prove it. For one an american, a true american has earned everything she or he has. Nothing is given to us what so ever. I think our goverment should have social healthcare don't get me wrong but to say we live in a dream world is messed up.

Plenty of us common people are concerned about the world, however our goverment is full of people out for there own gain. Also wars? Oh boy don't get me started on wars, did you know that no european nation has won a war without USA help and that's after they BEGGED us. (this is of course after the USA founding) Now before you bring in the middle east, that's our fault, and i view it as the dumbest military move ever made. However the fact is the world doesn't like us but god man they sure love to ask us for military support. So we go in do our job and people just get pissed off at us. Now that's stupid, they knew what they were asking for, so now they complain please. The whole world is messed up.

Most Americans live day in and day out dealing with some level of hell everyday. Me a 19 year old man has to take care of his mother and brother day in and day out. I have been treated like shit by every one I've ever known in the real world except by my own mother. I've given no one the reason to dislike me or hate me, yet they do. Maybe its because I'm a big 6'8" tall monster of a man, i will never know; however the fact is i live in no dream world.

Maybe life for us normal americans is so much hell we are too busy taking care of our own to worry about the world oh wait a second, we are taking care of the world. America might start wars but we also send money and aid to other nations on a daily bases. We send food and supplies. A lot of the times those supplies come from people living here, not the goverment. People who took the time to go out and buy the stuff and donate it. Also we are trying to go green a lot of the americans now days are green.

If there is anyone that's sheltered and ignorant it is you my friend. Again no offense but there it is because you are the one making these grand statements.

Now from your posting i can tell two things that you might be:

First one is this

You live in a different nation thus only seeing what your nation tells you or seeing the wealthing americans.

Second

You live in america but your sheltered, most likly have a loving family surround you and care for you and tell you things that they know. Meaning while you go to school and see things and form a mixed up view of the world.

I think your more the first one.

If so

America is one of the biggest misunderstood nations in the world, and I can see why, yeah we turn nations into parking lots for stupid reasons, but hey most nations do that all the time (you just don't hear about it or care about it). Your just a person getting on the band wagon and saying america is full of idiots, no no my friend, the whole world is full of idiots. You brought up Economics? Ok America's banks screwed us over yes. However look at china. Most powerful or one of the most powerful Economic nations in the world ever wondered why?

Cheap labor, child labor. People don't even have the chance to grow in that nation, they crush under the heel and are put to work day in and day out (for small income), making cheap products that the whole world jumps for joy to buy. If you want the USA to solve our Economic problem that would be the easiest way to do it. Get us to get our children make shoes and sell them to you at a cheaper price than the chinese and trust me we would gladly take your money!

Or we could start selling tanks to your nations enemies maybe? Good Old American High grade steel sold cheap to the middle east. Hell that might get the terrorist off our backs maybe?

I mean c'mon man your clearly not doing any form of research on us americans at all, your just buying into what your friend say, or your local news station, or your family. I don't blame you we're all influnecend by such things.

I just ask you next time before you make such grand statements, do some real research maybe visit america. You see me, I've visited all sorts of nations. I've been in almost every nation in europe and trust me the lot of them aren't as civil or peaceful as the BIG RED WHITE AND BLUE bully America.

The world is full of arrogance, and a lot of nations are way worse than we are, but the USA was always a news magnet thats why you hear about us and not what's really going on next door.

Take africa for example, look at those nations or north Korea, or China, or let me see Isearal. PLenty of nations to choose from.

I won't hide anything about us Americans either but there are worse nations out there.

However I want you to know I do not hate you or feel upset at you at all. I just think you deserved this posting from an American like myself. I enjoy debates like these and I would love to have one with you via PM. It will remain civil, at least as civil as this posting. 

Just please before making such grand statements make sure you have rock solid proof or experence. I for one would love to talk to you and get to know you. These point of views make me curious. 

I didn't mean any real insult in this posting however, i need to get my point across to you.

[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The only dream we live in as far as our lives are concerned is that we think we're free. That's the dream. If we were free, we wouldn't be do damn concerned about being someone else and we'd just be ourselves.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 29, 2011, 05:00:55 AM
The only dream we live in as far as our lives are concerned is that we think we're free. That's the dream. If we were free, we wouldn't be do damn concerned about being someone else and we'd just be ourselves.

Ain't that the truth. lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed