Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 91,010 times)

predxeno

Oh, ok thanks.  Just so you guys know.  I do consider that to be canon, but before you give any rebuttals I just want to say: Keyword "Theory" by Orona.

SpaceMarines

Theory in the scientific sense means accepted model, however.

Quote from: The PredBen on Jun 08, 2010, 06:35:28 PM
Well his arguement has no validity.

But I respect him enough to say lets end this. On to the original topic ... Why do you hate it ... Whats wrong with it.

( I can't say the title of the topic or i'll bes struck down.)

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 29, 2010, 05:06:19 AM
About the thread: The scene was pointless, extravagant, spat in the eye of existing continuity, nonsensical, juvenile... shall I go on?

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 08, 2010, 09:48:58 PM
Theory in the scientific sense means accepted model, however.

Yes, that comic only depicts a model of what the alien homeworld may be like, it doesn't show with absolute certainty that that is what life is like on the homeworld.

SpaceMarines

Okay, I see now. Hypothesis would be the better word then.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Okay my final say on this " Are EU comics ect canon"

Okay. Lets say in the Alien Prequels it states that Xenomorphs evovled from parasitic Beetles. Then in some EU comic series it states Aliens evolved from Birds who is right?

The films. Here is just an example of why the Eu couldn't work with the Film universe.

Also most EU contridicts eachother. Yautja from the AVP series have gender's whereas the ones from Forever Midnight don't.

Numerous other Eu don't mention genders one way or the other.

predxeno

A way to retcon your first argument in is that perhaps the Predators weren't so wrong as Machiko thought in the AVP comic series.  Maybe simultaneous convergent evolution did create the aliens.  The aliens could be the ultimate cleansor once a population has exceeded its limit, kind of like how the human population is becoming on Earth.  Also, I can make the same argument about EU finally being referenced to in the movies.  As for the predators, there are differences in genders between the yautja and the hish.  It just isn't said whether or not yautja can change sexes as well as the hish.

The PredBen

It is established in the AVP comics/novels that Yautja have gender. Seperate genders in which you are born into.

In Forever Midnight it states that Predators are transgender throughout their lives.

predxeno

predxeno

The hish of Forever Midnight still recognize the genders or at least the change in bodily reproductive functions.

EDIT: On a side-note, wouldn't it be interesting if we could change genders naturally as well?  Note: If we could naturally change genders, then we wouldn't hold any disgust towards the process so leave that mental reaction at the door.  I wonder what I would look like as a girl.  One thing that could happen as a result of this is that we'll see more gay couples around since one week both may be the same gender and at another week they may be different.  How would our social lives be affected?  How would our personalities be affected with the change since I believe that there's a difference between males and females of the human species (I think females are more outgoing than males).

SpaceMarines

I think that discussion deserves a thread of its own.

SM

SpaceMarines

No, but I'd rather not have this one go even more off-topic. (I know, that is incredibly hypocritical. :P)

SM

predxeno

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 09, 2010, 02:26:34 AM
I think that discussion deserves a thread of its own.

Good point, I was thinking about that.  I'll put it in the General AvP section?

#6.0

I don't. I think its great.

predxeno

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed