Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 91,027 times)

PredalienXenomorph

Ignoring the topic to debate what is canon.

predxeno

Oh, ok.  Well in answer to your question, we were on topic until the conversation sort of...evolved into the state where it is now.  I started using literature to defend my position on the validity of how the predalien was a junior queen and I drew up on the EU resources and that's why we're in the position that we are in right now.  Some members debated the validity of my sources and therefore my information, I vouched for them and we began debating whether or not we should consider any and all EU material as canon.

SpaceMarines

Thing is, Aliens and Alien3 contradict the sources you're trying to use, and the films trump all else.

predxeno

Tell me these contradictions.  I've been able to retcon in all dicrepancies so far.

SpaceMarines

But that's an invalid argument. Simply making excuses (or "retcons") isn't enough; the films are the only true source of canon when discussing the films.

predxeno

That argument is made solely by the community.  There are some people in this community that have even excluded the AVP films from it.  Therefore, I think the only intel that we can take as canon are those that come directly from the source; all media produced officially for the franchise.

Noir-Gojira

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 07, 2010, 04:41:54 AM
I think the only intel that we can take as canon are those that come directly from the source; all media produced officially for the franchise.
Yay, cannon! :P

SM

QuoteTherefore, I think the only intel that we can take as canon are those that come directly from the source

Yep.  The films.

samoht

Please Read!

This topic seems to have evolved, but I'll give my opinion.

A few people here said why the f**k does the predalien reproduce like that? It contradicts what has been set up from the previous films.

My opinion is that maybe Predators reproduce like that. Maybe predators reproduce through the mouth. And the predalien is doing it because it is a quicker way of reproducing as it cuts out the egg and the face hugger part of it all. We all know that the alien will pick up traits of its host, so perhaps the alien embryo in the predator picked up this certain trait relating to reproduction.

SiL

You don't see normal Aliens running around with penises having sex with hosts.

So no.

samoht

I get what you mean there.

But lets not rule out the possibility that its a trait taken from the Predators. Maybe reproduction through the mouth was more compatible with the Alien method of reproduction than human reproduction is.
Seeing as aliens embed embryos though the mouth and (for arguments sake) if predators breed through the mouth then these methods were similar enough that an alien embryo was able to take this trait onboard.

I know most people will disagree but its just a thought I have had for a while and am hopefull to see other peoples views on it.

I'm new here btw so hi everyone. ;)

PredalienXenomorph

Or if we accept egg morphing as canon, than Chet was making a mini hive until they egg morphed an egg to make the Queen..... Just throwing a random theory out there.

predxeno

I was thinking along the same lines as you, samoht.  However, I think it's more likely that the predalien is a junior queen.  In literature, it's somewhat hinted (but not verfied) that their reproductive organs or where our reproductive organs are.

Basher917

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 07, 2010, 03:09:15 PM
I was thinking along the same lines as you, samoht.  However, I think it's more likely that the predalien is a junior queen.  In literature, it's somewhat hinted (but not verfied) that their reproductive organs or where our reproductive organs are.

no, the pred alien is what it is: a Predator-alien hybrid, the implantation was only made for an attempt to make a "diffrent" adaptation an alien have, come on people, you have to be literal, there is no detail from any other film that any alien can do this, scott, james and the other dierectors didn't know the brothers would make that, so why do people keep on using support from previous alien films, they just made it to be there, there is no gigantic explaination how, they just shoved it in there to make something else "gruesome" in the movie thats it.

OmegaZilla

This reproduction method is certainly not something covered in the general Alien Reproduction method. I think it is some kind of mutation or failed attempt at evolution. Ya know, in the novel Relic, one of the characters, Dr. Frock, talks about his theory about evolution and mass extinctions, what he calls the Callisto Effect. This Callisto Effect proceeds like this more or less: at a certain point, in a determinate population of a species, appears an abomination, different from his regular kind, that with mating with normal individuals will create a new mutated generation that is no more than the next step of the Evolution of that species, and be the likely cause of competition with another.
The Predalien shown in AvPR could be one of those Abominations, and her "sons" the next stage of the Alien evolution, even if it doesn't really seem so. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed