Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 91,061 times)

SiL

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 04, 2010, 10:26:07 PM
Also, I hate to rain on your parade SiL, but there is one survivor of an alien headbite in the movies.  Verheiden was headbitten
No he wasn't.

We see the Alien lunge for him. There's no sign he was headbitten, such as having a gaping hole in his head.

QuoteThis could be what the alien was doing to Brett, not making him into an egg with a facehugger.
No, the Alien was turning him into an egg. That's what the filmmakers wanted, that's what they put in the scene. The Jaguar game turned the egg-morphing into an interesting idea for an extra life, nothing more.

You've really gotta stop bringing expanded universe into discussions regarding the movies. They don't fit together.

predxeno

Quote from: SiL on Jun 04, 2010, 10:30:00 PM
QuoteThis could be what the alien was doing to Brett, not making him into an egg with a facehugger.
No, the Alien was turning him into an egg. That's what the filmmakers wanted, that's what they put in the scene. The Jaguar game turned the egg-morphing into an interesting idea for an extra life, nothing more.

Unfortunately, as many people keep telling me, unless it's actually in the movie, it's not canon.

SiL

It was in the director's cut. Which was theatrically released.

People talk about stuff that happened in the Aliens DC as canon; we can do the same with Alien.

Egg-morphing's been known since 1979. A game released in the early 90s isn't about to rewrite it.

SM

I don't precisely remember the Verheiden scene, but remember that Aliens don't always go for the head with the inner jaw.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: SM on Jun 05, 2010, 12:43:13 AM
I don't precisely remember the Verheiden scene, but remember that Aliens don't always go for the head with the inner jaw.

The alien in A:R went for Elgyn's torso, I think.

Quote from: SiL on Jun 04, 2010, 10:37:53 PM
It was in the director's cut. Which was theatrically released.

People talk about stuff that happened in the Aliens DC as canon; we can do the same with Alien.

Egg-morphing's been known since 1979. A game released in the early 90s isn't about to rewrite it.

Yes, but it wasn't actually mentioned for certain what was happening to Brett.

SM

The film assumes a certain level of basic intelligence on behalf of the audience.

Riddles, Danny O'B et al. assumed the audience could work out that Brett and Dallas were turning into eggs.

predxeno

Yes, but a future director or somebody could completely erase that idea and replace it with a new one like the alien was turning them into space jockey babies.  A dumb idea, probably, but an idea that could still be implemented in the future due to lack of real, hard evidence of what was really going on.  Our assumptions don't matter, it's what it can be that really counts.

SM

There is no assumptions about what's going on.  They're turning into eggs.  And since no future director has changed that - they're STILL turning into eggs.

predxeno

I think, though I'm not too sure, the bodies in AvP Jaguar were turning into eggs as well, but they didn't have facehuggers, they had full grown adults or extra lives or whatever.

SpaceMarines

As SM has said, that is a game; not canon. It's like the Kenner toys.

SM

Quite.  Canon or not is neither here nor there.  It's simply game mechanics.

Ripley wasn't running around Fiorina with guns saving coccooned prisoners, nor was Fiorina heaving with Aliens - yet the Alien3 platformer and Alien3 The Gun showed us these things.

predxeno

Yeah, about these alternate games.  I like to see each movie, novelization, comic book adaptaion, and even game as a possible telling of said story.  It's kind of like hearing accounts from witnesses, some descriptions may vary incredulously from others and it's up to the police, but in our case; the fans, to determine what is most likely to be the actual depiction of what happened in that story.

SpaceMarines

I'm not sure how that statement is relevant (or sensical).

predxeno

SpaceMarines

Maybe it was, but it didn't really make sense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed