Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 91,022 times)

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: SiL on Jun 04, 2010, 07:55:33 AM
Quote from: Abhunter on Jun 04, 2010, 06:12:16 AM
Has anyone ever just stopped and thought, MAYBE, what the Regular drone picks up from a human host, is INTELLECT?
So why didn't the Aliens in Aliens use the small arms of the colonists? Or the flame-throwers and pistols left by the dead marines? Why didn't the original Alien take Brett's cattle prod and Dallas' flamethrower and force the crew of the Nostromo so it could have its way with them?

Cos they don't take intellect, that's why.
I don't think he means that advanced of intellectl

SM

SM

I don't think he even knows what he means.  "The ability to manipulate and deceive"?

You could argue the original did that by attacking Brett and Dallas while they were alone, instead attacking a group of people.  But then it confronted Parker and Lambert at the same time.

If it means attacking something when it's close enough that it has little chance of escape - like in the Hadley hive.  Big whoop.  I don't think that really amounts to great "intellect".

If we take it as read that Aliens know their blood is acidic, why didn't the original simply bleed a hole into the lower deck, to vent the atmosphere, if opening an airlock was beyond him?

Master

I think that dead people are useless for alien. In oredr to gestate the embryo need living host, same with egg morphing. That`s why he didn`t vent the atmosphere out of the ship.

And IMO they are aware of their accid blood. (I do treat A:R and AvP canon)

And about intelect, they cut off power in Hadley`s hope, and opened cooling tank at Auriga. They do posses some kind of knowladge obtained from it`s host and some sort of intelect. But this is not Human like intelect.

SiL

Quote from: Master on Jun 04, 2010, 08:27:47 AM
I think that dead people are useless for alien.
Dead bodies make eggs just fine.

QuoteThey do posses some kind of knowladge obtained from it`s host
This is never once shown. Except maybe AR, and even then there's the whole issue of genetic tampering.

Master

QuoteDead bodies make eggs just fine.
Where did you get this? ::)

QuoteThis is never once shown. Except maybe AR, and even then there's the whole issue of genetic tampering.
And aliens where they turned off the electricity.

SiL

Quote from: Master on Jun 04, 2010, 08:42:17 AM
Where did you get this? ::)
Alien: Director's Cut.

QuoteAnd aliens where they turned off the electricity.
Means shit-all in the context of genetic memories. How many of the colonists do you honestly expect knew what wires to cut? The Aliens were running around the colony for at least three weeks. They had time to learn stuff.

Master

QuoteAlien: Director's Cut.
IIRC Dallas was very much alive and barett wasn`t also 100% dead (he moved).

QuoteThe Aliens were running around the colony for at least three weeks. They had time to learn stuff.
That dosen`t convince me. They are in entirely alien environmet to them, and are not brightest creatures. Genetic memory is more appealing (and terrifying).

Hive Tyrant

Whatever is more 'appealing' is no factor here. Genetic memory is not mentioned a single time - so it's not canon.

SiL

Quote from: Master on Jun 04, 2010, 09:08:13 AM
Brett didn't move, he oozed. He was very much dead. Having a giant hole in your head will do that.

QuoteThat dosen`t convince me.
It's better supported than that high a level of genetic memory.

Read what you're typing. You're trying to say that they took enough memory to know exactly what cable to cut to take the power out of Operations - and only Operations - but they couldn't pick up a gun and start shooting?

Master

QuoteIt's better supported than that high a level of genetic memory.

Read what you're typing. You're trying to say that they took enough memory to know exactly what cable to cut to take the power out of Operations - and only Operations - but they couldn't pick up a gun and start shooting?
Is it much less possible then an idea that they learned exactly which cable must be destroyed to turn off electricity in Operations and only Operations?

QuoteBrett didn't move, he oozed. He was very much dead. Having a giant hole in your head will do that.
Even so, still eggmorphing wasn`t completed so there is no ON SCREEN evidence that dead meat serves any purpose to Aliens. To embryo gestate and create new alien alive host is needed. And it was removed from Theatrical cut so it`s canonity is ambiguous (though I find it as an intersting way to produce super-facehugger egg, when there is no Queen to do so).

SiL

Quote from: Master on Jun 04, 2010, 10:14:28 AM
Is it much less possible then an idea that they learned exactly which cable must be destroyed to turn off electricity in Operations and only Operations?
Yes. If Aliens can sense electric currents they could see what was supplying Operations.

If you're going by genetic memory then there's always the giant flaw of 'Why not pick up a gun'.

QuoteEven so, still eggmorphing wasn`t completed so there is no ON SCREEN evidence that dead meat serves any purpose to Aliens
Wasn't completed how?

Master

QuoteYes. If Aliens can sense electric currents they could see what was supplying Operations.
And where was it hinted?

QuoteWasn't completed how?
Have you seen finished egg? Or a facehugger that came out from barett`s body? Because I`m looking at it right now and see only a pile of human shaped goo.

SiL

Quote from: Master on Jun 04, 2010, 11:09:49 AM
And where was it hinted?
Absolutely nowhere.

Just like them knowing what cable based on genetic memory.

Although at least sensing electrical currents has precedence on Earth.

QuoteHave you seen finished egg? Or a facehugger that came out from barett`s body? Because I`m looking at it right now and see only a pile of human shaped goo.
It's quite clearly turning into an egg. It's not as vague as you're making out -- the petals of the egg are visible. There's zero reason to assume it wouldn't turn into a fully functioning egg later.

StrangeShape

Quote from: SiL on Jun 04, 2010, 09:26:02 AM
Quote from: Master on Jun 04, 2010, 09:08:13 AM
Brett didn't move, he oozed. He was very much dead.

Brett still screamed all the way to the top so it seems like he was still alive. Secondly, it seems apparent that corpses are of no use for alien since he leaves dead bodies lying where they are even tho he needs hosts

Master

Quote from: SiL on Jun 04, 2010, 11:13:34 AM
Quote from: Master on Jun 04, 2010, 11:09:49 AM
And where was it hinted?
Absolutely nowhere.

Just like them knowing what cable based on genetic memory.

Although at least sensing electrical currents has precedence on Earth.
Just like genetic memory.

QuoteHave you seen finished egg? Or a facehugger that came out from barett`s body? Because I`m looking at it right now and see only a pile of human shaped goo.
It's quite clearly turning into an egg. It's not as vague as you're making out -- the petals of the egg are visible. There's zero reason to assume it wouldn't turn into a fully functioning egg later.
There is no reason to assume it will.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed