Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 91,045 times)

predxeno

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 03, 2010, 09:09:33 PM
Then what's an example of human or dog/ox behaviour that another Alien has inherited?

You misunderstand me.  In predator culture, the need to make trophies out its victims is a way of surviving in the predator society.  This need to survive along with the violence that is exhibited to other species is something that the predators and alien mindsets have in common.  It would be easier for the predalien to inherit these instincts than something that seems so trivial in comparison as masturbation.  What instincts does the ox/dog have that relates to the need to survive that the alien can use?  For the dog, all I can think of is the need to chase after cars and people, which the runner alien did in the leadworks.

SpaceMarines

You know what's a way of surviving in out society? Make lots of money. That way, you can be ensured that you can buy all of the food and shelter you and your family will ever need. I've yet to see an Alien attempt to get a job or rob a bank. The Predalien taking trophies is simply stupid, and added because it 'looks cool', much like the throat-embryos crap.

predxeno

predxeno

Is it our instinct to get money?  If we were stranded on a desert island, would one of our first instincts be to get our hands on a load of money?  That stuff isn't ingrained in our psyche, our instinct actually appears to be to gather things.  This may explain why many of the aliens in the movies gather bodies and other stuff (in the books they gathered furniture, even) to build their nest.  We don't know how ingrained trophying is in the predator psyche, they are willing to kill themselves to preserve their honor.  This highly suggests that even when on the verge of death or on a desert island, they will think about trophies and such as a way to maintain honor.

SiL

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 03, 2010, 11:11:40 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jun 03, 2010, 04:00:36 AM
As I said earlier, it's a junior queen.

Its not. It was never intended to be untill after the fact when Strauses were bashed for the unsubstantiated extra powers of the Predalien.
The Bros said it was turning into a Queen before people bashed it. They explicitly stated that was their original intention. As has been said before, that's why it has a crown. Not a flat, Predator-like head -- A Queen-like crown that was deliberately made to resemble a Queen's head to show that it was turning into a Queen.

When people called bullshit on that the Bros started changing their tunes.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 03, 2010, 09:36:21 PM
Is it our instinct to get money?  If we were stranded on a desert island, would one of our first instincts be to get out hands on a load of money?  That stuff isn't ingrained in our psyche, our instinct actually appears to be to gather things.  This may explain why many of the aliens in the movies gather bodies and other stuff (in the books they gathered furniture, even) to build their nest.  We don't know how ingrained trophying is in the predator psyche, they are willing to kill themselves to preserve their honor.  This highly suggests that even when on the verge of death or on a desert island, they will think about trophies and such as a way to maintain honor.

My point was this; just because it is a behaviour that is exhibited quite often, doesn't make it an instinct. It appears to be more of a cultural thing, anyways. If all of the Predators were interested in only getting trophies, how would they have developed inter-stellar travel, or direct energy weaponry, or active camouflage? Frankly, I'm not quite sure what I'm arguing about anymore. It's been fun, but I'm done for now.

Master

QuoteTo Master:
We can't include the A:R queen in this discussion.  Ripley clone #8 had alien traits that nature never intended for her to have and an argument can be made that the aliens had human traits that nature intended them to have, either.  How was the AvP queen different?  The only difference that the producers made was that they made her body slimmer, an idea that Cameron wanted to do but couldn't due to technological restraints at the time.  Since I take literature to be canon, yes, drones can grow into queens by a "hormone storm".  We have never seen an alien hybrid of any sort grow into a queen and lose or keep characteristics, so what source do you have that aliens don't lose their genetic traits (btw I was only referring to aliens losing traits when they grow into queens)?
To begine with, here you have pictures of both Aliens and AvP Queens. Differences are visible:
Aliens

AvP

About A:R Queen, yes we can use her in this disscusion because the very fact she obtained (and shared) genes with Ripley shows that she must take characterictics from hosts.

SiL

No it doesn't.

It means she got contaminated during the cloning process. Like Ripley.

The PredBen

predxeno

To SpaceMarines (if you are still here):
It is revealed that the Hish in Predator Forever Midnight stole technology from other races.  Though, you may not say that this is true in the films as well, it is still a possibility.  You are also missing my point; what I'm trying to say is that trophying is more than a cultural behavior, but is one of the first instincts predators have when they are born.

To Master:
The A:R queen didn't legitimately obtain the human characteristics.  Do humans normally have acid for blood or any of the other traits that Ripley clone #8 had?  The alterations due to the genetic engineering could have affected the species in a way that is unnatural to the regular DNA reflex shown by these creatures during normal gestation inside of a host.  Now to the second point: yes, I see differences between the two queens.  However, we have no evidence that those differences are due to a difference in hosts.  Many of the queens in comics appear different from queens depicted earlier or later.  Perhaps this difference is due different strains of the same organism.  In the new Aliens comic, the aliens have two spikes coming out of the left and right sides of their mouths.  I haven't read the entire comic yet, but a different in strain of this virus-like organism may produce different organisms.  My arguments over differential evolution can also help explain these descrepancies.  How a group of organisms raised in different conditions can evolve differently than another group of organisms from the same species in a different area.  The aliens in AvP may be the ancestors of the one in Alien or vice-versa depending on how old the eggs in the derelict on LV-426 were (I don't know for sure).

Abhunter

Has anyone ever just stopped and thought, MAYBE, what the Regular drone picks up from a human host, is INTELLECT? the abillity to manipulate and decieve? I think the PredAlien Queen theory actually makes sense, in the fact that it was at a point where it wasnt fully developed, but was in a situation where it NEEDED to make a hive (Based on the fact, that it would have developed in the ship, had it not crashed into the damn planet) This gave it a hormonal instinct, to find hosts and throat**** them. It went into an emergency state. As for the dreadlocks, I believe that this physical aspect on predators may be something as simple as Wisdom Teeth. Everyone is born with them, but we dont have a real purpose for them. Or maybe it is something in predators that we dont understand, that hasnt fully been explained via movie? The Predalien took an aspect from the Predator, and some instinct, just like a drone would from the humans. And for those that would make the argument, "What does a drone take from a human physically?" I would have to say, Nothing. Maybe no physical aspect taken from humans would have made them better. Maybe that is how the genetics thing works, Maybe the alien only takes genetics from its host that will improve it. Maybe the dreds are a source of power, or hearing ,or some sense.

SM

QuoteHas anyone ever just stopped and thought, MAYBE, what the Regular drone picks up from a human host, is INTELLECT?

So why didn't the original creature simply vent the Nostromo's atmosphere into space, then egg morph the bodies (or whatever he wanted to do with them) instead of all that sneaking around in the dark and chomping people in the head?

Abhunter

This is a simple one. Because that was merley a drone, whereas Chet, was a predalien queen, not fully developed, acting on emergency instinct because of injury or sudden change of climate in the crash. Whats to say a queen couldnt do the faceF***? if it lost its eggsack

SM

If it does the facef**k it doesn't need an eggsack period - eggsacks just slow everything down with all that egg laying and facehugging.  Since eggsacks seemingly ARE needed - facef**king isn't; and therefor bullshit.

And you didn't really answer the question which was regarding your talk of intellect.

Master

This is hopeless, no meather what argument you use, they still believe in BS BS. Ok. fine, facef**k is 100% canon and logical, and needed too! ::) ::) ::)

SiL

Quote from: Abhunter on Jun 04, 2010, 06:12:16 AM
Has anyone ever just stopped and thought, MAYBE, what the Regular drone picks up from a human host, is INTELLECT?
So why didn't the Aliens in Aliens use the small arms of the colonists? Or the flame-throwers and pistols left by the dead marines? Why didn't the original Alien take Brett's cattle prod and Dallas' flamethrower and force the crew of the Nostromo so it could have its way with them?

Cos they don't take intellect, that's why.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed