Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 91,047 times)

Keg

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Jun 02, 2010, 04:24:08 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jun 02, 2010, 01:51:40 AM
Huh? ???  I was referring to a deleted segment in the AVPR film where the Predalien kills two predators and hangs their skinned bodies on the ship with alien resin.
In the game during the first marine mission in the strip club. In the center you will see skinned humans with Alien resin tieing them up.

And just before you enter that building, if you listen carefully, you can hear the growl of a predator nearby, and your motion tracker starts beeping. The beeping stops and you hear a very faint predator laugh (like from the first film). So when you enter the building you think theres a Predator stalking you and then you come across the bodies in the strip club. the whole room is covered in resin and is dripping with goo. The predalien wasnt even born at that stage of the game so it had to be a predator. IF you pay attention during the game there are a few little nods indicating a predator is following you, until it eventually shows its face near the end of the game. its one of the few things i think the game did well. it keeps the predator hidden, but if youre paying attention you'll know its there in many areas. makes you feel like its actually following and observing you through the game.

Definately isnt the predalien doing the skinning there. And you know what everything i just typed is IRRELEVANT because its in a game and isnt canon to the movies.

predxeno

Everyone has their own personal canon.  I like to think of the games and books to be canon. :D

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: Keg on Jun 02, 2010, 07:05:31 PM
Huh? ???  I was referring to a deleted segment in the AVPR film where the Predalien kills two predators and hangs their skinned bodies on the ship with alien resin.
In the game during the first marine mission in the strip club. In the center you will see skinned humans with Alien resin tieing them up.

And just before you enter that building, if you listen carefully, you can hear the growl of a predator nearby, and your motion tracker starts beeping. The beeping stops and you hear a very faint predator laugh (like from the first film). So when you enter the building you think theres a Predator stalking you and then you come across the bodies in the strip club. the whole room is covered in resin and is dripping with goo. The predalien wasnt even born at that stage of the game so it had to be a predator. IF you pay attention during the game there are a few little nods indicating a predator is following you, until it eventually shows its face near the end of the game. its one of the few things i think the game did well. it keeps the predator hidden, but if youre paying attention you'll know its there in many areas. makes you feel like its actually following and observing you through the game.

Definately isnt the predalien doing the skinning there. And you know what everything i just typed is IRRELEVANT because its in a game and isnt canon to the movies.

I was always under the opinion that the Alien Missions happened before the marine because the Predalien reveal in the first Predator mission. And because the cutscenes of both the Predator and Marine first missions interacted. BTW the Alien sound over the comm with the marines doesn't match with your skinning argument. IMHO the games are not cannon, I was just showing that the in game Predalien was worse for Predator characteristics.

Keg

no i agree. i have my own personal canon too. i like to think of the 2010 AVP game as part of the same universe because of its obvious story connections but i wont use it as evidence on these forums. But i do think of it as a sequel to the Predator, AVP and Alien trilogy (Resurrection is obviously way ahead of the game).

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Jun 02, 2010, 08:12:33 PM
Quote from: Keg on Jun 02, 2010, 07:05:31 PM

I was always under the opinion that the Alien Missions happened before the marine because the Predalien reveal in the first Predator mission. And because the cutscenes of both the Predator and Marine first missions interacted. BTW the Alien sound over the comm with the marines doesn't match with your skinning argument. IMHO the games are not cannon, I was just showing that the in game Predalien was worse for Predator characteristics.

Only the first alien mission happens before the marines and predator missions. Then at the start of the aliens second mission you witness the marines landing, and we know the predators land at the same time as the marines. The predalien isnt born until after the marine blows up the refinery with the queen. The entire alien mission occurs during the first two human missions and the first predator mission ends just after that, as it witnesses the predalien running away. So when the marine is in the strip club the predalien doesnt even exist yet. And the sounds im referring to dont come from the comm. Ive taken my time with this game and observed everything and trust me there are several occasions where you hear the predators growls and clicks, especially in locations were there are hanging bodies. The game has several predators in it and ive had no reason to think that any of the hanging bodies found throughout the marine campaign were anything other than the doing of a regular predator.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Jun 02, 2010, 08:12:33 PM
I was always under the opinion that the Alien Missions happened before the marine because the Predalien reveal in the first Predator mission.
Alien Campaign ends during the Marine one, when the Queen dies.

StrangeShape

Continuing from the other thread

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 03, 2010, 04:00:36 AM
As I said earlier, it's a junior queen.

Its not. It was never intended to be untill after the fact when Strauses were bashed for the unsubstantiated extra powers of the Predalien

QuoteIt hasn't become an adult queen yet.

YET? It grew within minutes or hours from larva to the size we see in the movie. Thats it. Never changed an inch or grew an inch after that through the course of 2 days. Theres no denying the pattern here. They dont stop growing for days and then restart. In addition to that, Queen find nests and never movie. Thats why the Queen in aliens moved in such awkward way. The warriors bring hosts to the hidden and protected queen that nests in the hottest spots they can find.

QuoteAs the predalien grows into a queen it'll eventually lose its distinctive predator features

Why would that be? Forst of all, aliens dont grow being 80% human looking and then loosing human features. They grow from larva to alien we know, as simple as that. When iot comes to Queen, shes always the same. Ever seen the Queen burster in Alien 3? It already looked like a miniature Queen with extra arms and all the features

And heres Predalien burster

Just a regular alien larva-like burster , eh? Of course it is, Predlaien wanst intended to be a Queen untill way after the movie was done

Quote, unless it's a divergent strain as explained previously.

And predalien is from the altered strain. Altered in such way that they grow much faster and almost instantly to an adult form. Thats why aliens grew so fast in AVP and thats why predalien became an adult so incredibly fast on Predator's ship

QuoteThe predalien is simply using the egg-barfing method to increase the number of adults it has before continuing to grow and eventually lay eggs.

And it doesnt make sense. Why would it then evolve into a cycle which is more requiring and complicated than that? She would then need facehuggers when she could implant embryos herself and wouldnt need to sit and lay eggs at all. Why the need of the eggs? Its one big logical mess that takes just too much to explain

QuoteAll your objections can be retconned in

Be my guest. Explain:

1.The queen that came from people looked NOTHING like her host. She looked kinda like anorexic, slim T-Rex. As explained before, her posture and extra arms had purpose. Predalien doesnt have any feature of the queen. The only thing going for it is flat head but predaliens which were normal aliens in older comic books also had flat head because its an extinction of predator's forehead

2.The creator of the queen explained her growing and maturing process which is finding a hot spot to nest and sitting on her butt all her life lying eggs while warriors protect her and bring her hosts. Thats taken from REAL biology. in antropology the queen doesnt go out or anything

3. Predalien looks 80% predator, and it doesnt even have ANY female features. Dont forget the queen embryo from ALien 3, a miniature verison of the queen which already looks very similar to the final version. As a matter of fact, not even the regular aliens looked like their hosts.
Were the previous aliens Human-Alien hybrids? No. They were simply Aliens. If the Predalien was the result of gene-splicing, a scientific construct, then ok. But no, it is the result of a facehugger using a Predator as HOST. If anything, MINOR physical attributes would be there... basically just the mandibles (ie jaw structure). The Predalien, as it is as a Hybrid, makes no sense. It should simply be an Alien, from a Predator host.

4. we see aliens in AVPR grow within minutes into full form. If Predalien is an adolescent queen, then how it didnt change or grow within those two days in the movie? Especially with the accelarated growth? try any excuses, it still doesnt change the fact it doesnt grow at all yet we see its growth rate - no more than few hours from larva top the monster we see walking around in the period of 2 days. It grew full size so fast because it had an accelarated growth. It didnt grow one one tiny inch or change one tiny bit because it was already fully grown

5. dreadlocks
It shouldn't have them. Why does the Predalien take on so much of the Predator's attributes when it doesn't do so with Humans? Other aliens never had any hair

6. The current coloring looks too much like a Predator; yellows and greens. If this is to be an ALIEN of any kind (that came from a Predator host), then it should be BLACK and look like an EXOSKELETON.

7. he Predalien looked and acted too much like a Predator. And back to the "Not a Hybrid" point again, it's supposed to be an Alien that came out of a Predator. Its not a result of an Alien and Predator gettin' it on, so why does it look SO much like a Predator? Why does it have that "warrior/hunter" attitude? I understand the concept of the Alien taking on some attributes of its host, but would it really fight mano-a-mano? Would it skin its victims and hang them from the ceiling? The Predalien is THIS close to running around in armor, using weapons and mimicking voices.

8. By the account of the directors themsleves, it wasnt intended to be a queen. Their original explanation for the new life cycle was that it took it from Predators. Did you know that? yes, that was their intial excuse. When fans almost ate them alive for that they tried a new one, a long after the movie was done and released, and that was that of it being a young Queen.

predxeno

predxeno

Whoa, so many points I have to fight off or retcon in.  All right, here it goes:

1. As I have been saying before; the predalien isn't a queen, it's a junior queen.

2. The predalien egg-barfs because it's biological system hasn't started making eggs yet.  Eventually, through time, she will be reduced to sitting all day laying eggs.

3. The reason the queen alien in Alien 3 looked so much like a queen is because that it is a queen embryoo, the predalien wasn't.  The predalien will go through a hormone storm to become the new queen.

4. I don't know exactly where everyone gets the idea that the predators accelerated their growth rate, I think probably from the DVD commentary, but the predators never wanted one to become a queen.  They never wanted the aliens to get lose and kill off their valued human prey, as shown in AVPR.  They could have put inhibitors in the aliens to slow or prevent any one from becoming a queen.

5. The dreadlocks could be a very important feature of the predators that had to be transferred to the predalien.  They don't seem to be exactly hair like we have it, the ones on Scar Predator appear to be made of an inorganic material.

6. This is just alien biology, there are bound to be some things in the design that we will not like.  Perhaps they got their coloring scheme from AVP2.  Nobody complained about the predalien's color in that game or its expansion pack.

7. I don't like the predalien mimicking the predator any more than you do.  But I have already created an explanation for that.  The desire to make trophies may be more in the predators' instinct than any of us had previously thought.  The aliens communicate with each other telepathically.  In Alien Cauldron, an alien could even telepathically communicate with its host.  Along with taking some physical features from the host, the predalien also could have taken this instinct from Scar Predator as well.  You know how aliens are all about instinct.

8. Yes, I disprove heavily of what the directors did there, but at least they provided us with the excuse.  Perhaps, the reason we are so reluctant to listen is that our blood still boils over the inconsideration that the producers of this film had for the proper continuity of the franchise.

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 03, 2010, 11:11:40 AM
QuoteAs the predalien grows into a queen it'll eventually lose its distinctive predator features

Why would that be? Forst of all, aliens dont grow being 80% human looking and then loosing human features. They grow from larva to alien we know, as simple as that. When iot comes to Queen, shes always the same. Ever seen the Queen burster in Alien 3? It already looked like a miniature Queen with extra arms and all the features

In AVP Extinction, it is explained that the queens are part of a group of "Pure Breed" aliens.  These aliens will always look the same no matter what host they come from.  The other members of this group are; the praetorian, the carrier, and the ravager.

SpaceMarines

Sorry, I gotta step in here. Two of your points I really take issue with.

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 03, 2010, 01:23:25 PM
5. The dreadlocks could be a very important feature of the predators that had to be transferred to the predalien.  They don't seem to be exactly hair like we have it, the ones on Scar Predator appear to be made of an inorganic material.

The dreadlocks appear to be fleshy, tentaclesque appendages. Okay, fleshy appendages. If the Predalien inherits those, why don't humaliens inherit breasts or penises? Fleshy appendages, crucial parts of our anatomy.

7. I don't like the predalien mimicking the predator any more than you do.  But I have already created an explanation for that.  The desire to make trophies may be more in the predators' instinct than any of us had previously thought.  The aliens communicate with each other telepathically.  In Alien Cauldron, an alien could even telepathically communicate with its host.  Along with taking some physical features from the host, the predalien also could have taken this instinct from Scar Predator as well.  You know how aliens are all about instinct.

Masturbation. Masturbation is an ingrained mammalian instinct, as basic as breathing and defecating. Fetuses in the womb have been seen pleasuring themselves, chimpanzees do so quite often, and most of us can probably attest to doing so. The Alien does not inherit the instinct to masturbate. Why would it inherit the 'instinct' to skin bodies and take skulls? It simply doesn't make sense; it was a stupid move, just one more on the long list of stupidity surrounding this insult to both franchises.

Lost Predator

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 03, 2010, 02:00:44 PM
Sorry, I gotta step in here. Two of your points I really take issue with.

The dreadlocks appear to be fleshy, tentaclesque appendages. Okay, fleshy appendages. If the Predalien inherits those, why don't humaliens inherit breasts or penises? Fleshy appendages, crucial parts of our anatomy.

Masturbation. Masturbation is an ingrained mammalian instinct, as basic as breathing and defecating. Fetuses in the womb have been seen pleasuring themselves, chimpanzees do so quite often, and most of us can probably attest to doing so. The Alien does not inherit the instinct to masturbate. Why would it inherit the 'instinct' to skin bodies and take skulls? It simply doesn't make sense; it was a stupid move, just one more on the long list of stupidity surrounding this insult to both franchises.

Irrelevant and kind off topic, but how funny would it have been if in Aliens, the marines happened upon an xeno "baking the ham" only to waste it while the alien was in the middle of "doing business"? That is the first impression I go when I read the bolded statement above. Sure it would kill ANY sort of credibility or fear instilled upon the aliens, but it would've been funny.

predxeno

predxeno

According to the AVP1 movie novelization, Lex describes the dreadlocks as being inorganic and couldn't tell why they were there.  Breasts and penises have a definite purpose for us humans.  We use them to reproduce and nourish our young.  Many organisms have these, but they serve no purpose to the aliens.  Evolution wouldn't have granted them these genetic traits from the host when they already have a method of reproduction.  Why do they need extra methods, they don't do pleasure or that kind of stuff only what is in the best interests for the hive as a whole, not what's best for them individually.  Using this logic, we can see why the alien has no penis or vagina that can be related to humans or other mammals such as chimpanzees.  We don't even know if their natural reproduction system allows them to masturbate in the first place.  Maybe they do do that, it would give them something to do when they're hibernating.  A thought that I do not approve of since it would probably reduce the fear factor that is associated with the aliens.  Another explanation is that, perhaps, the predator and the alien belong to similar classes: reptiles, etc.  Therefore, it is easier for the alien to get more traits from the predator than from humans.

Master

QuoteEvolution wouldn't have granted them these genetic traits from the host when they already have a method of reproduction.  Why do they need extra methods
Do you even read things you wrote? You are deffending another method of reproduction (totally pointless and stupid) and then useing argumen that it is pointless for aliens to have another one?

QuoteAnother explanation is that, perhaps, the predator and the alien belong to similar classes: reptiles, etc.  Therefore, it is easier for the alien to get more traits from the predator than from humans.
I`ve never seen a reptile with condensed accid as blood. And aliens look nothing like creature which could have evolved on its own (they look like weapons of war), when predators are very human like.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Master on Jun 03, 2010, 03:32:28 PM
I`ve never seen a reptile with condensed accid as blood.
Earth Reptile perhaps. Assuming Reptiles in the Alien Universe aren't exclusive to earth, Aliens could be alien reptiles on their own.

Master

But reptiles is title for earth creatures.

OmegaZilla

Reptilian then? :D

Master

Reptilian = similar to reptile. Argue as much as this predxeno guy about AvP-r`s logic, but still it dosen`t change the fact that Aliens aren`t even in slightest detile similar to reptiles.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed