Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 91,046 times)

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: predxeno on May 30, 2010, 11:54:12 PM
Hey, we're just fighting for what we believe in, that's a cause great enough for us.
Agreed.

SM

Some people dig on futility.

TJ Doc

First Blood

Geez, that guy had no chance. At least Tommy Lee Jones gave him a run for his money. And they still ended up dying the same way!  :D

echobbase79

I hate Seagal but I'll admit he always whipped some serious ass on the villains at the end of his films. 

Noir-Gojira

PredalienXenomorph

SM

Aginst the debil 4 ur soulz

Noir-Gojira

And that's good for them, but they can win it without having to preach to the rest of us.

StrangeShape

After enormous criticism of Predalien's abilities (among other things), Strausess started spinning the story and saying its an adolescent queen - basically burying themselves even deeper

First of all, its OBVIOUSLY not a queen. The queen that came from people looked NOTHING like her host. She looked kinda like anorexic, slim T-Rex. Yet Predalien looks 80% predator, and it doesnt even have four arms or ANY female features! Just male muscles and male bodybuilder breasts like Predators.

Plus, in antropology the queen doesnt go out or anything. Thats what warriors are for - to protect the queen cause her task is to find a nesting place and gestate there

PLUS, we see aliens in AVPR grow within minutes into full form. If Predalien is an adolescent queen, then hw the f**k it didnt change or grow within those two days in the movie? Yet it grew so big within minutes on the predator ship...lol. Ill tell you why, because it already WAS in full form! lame try Strause Bros!

About the only thing giving that claim little credibility is Predalien's head. But thats another miss. Cause ever since the first predalien portrayal in comic books, predalien always had a head like this - natural evolution from predator's forehead

SM

All these issues have been raised before.

And since they've never been addressed adequately it's worth bringing them up yet again.

Though ultimately futile. ;D

StrangeShape

I know, but since the original poster praised the implantation as a good way for the queen's I thought it was fitting to remind everyone that this is not a queen and that the implantation doesnt make sense one way or another

predxeno

Well, if the Strause bros corrected their error, it is kind of believable.  It could take longer for the predalien to develop into a queen than for the chestbursters to grow.  It could very well be a praetorian.  It's developing into a queen, but wasn't quite there yet.  It's primary purpose in the film appeared to be to create a nest and make more warriors.  I thought that it was always planned that the predalien was some sort of junior queen, after all none of the other aliens turned into one.  But, if the Strauss brothers only made that excuse after the movie came out, then I agree completely.  The people behind these ideas were complete idiots, losers, etc. and should be punished severely if what I heard about these ideas are true (that they were put in only to garner publicity rather than enhance aliens in their continuity), let alone be banned from making AvP movies or perhaps any movies at all again.

echobbase79

echobbase79

This was a Fox and Shane Salerno idea. They didn't put any kind of thought process into this and once the Bros tried to make sense of it the whole situation got worse. In a IGN interview video Greg said it borrows more from the Predator lifecycle than alien. But I don't buy that either.

I blame the Bros because they should've gotten rid of that RP method and not supported it. But I believe they weren't allowed to rewrite much new material from the drafts that Salerno had written already because Fox wouldn't allow them too.   

predxeno

Then I blame Fox for treating this franchise with zero respect.  We shouldn't blame the Strause bros., they tried their best and they provided an explanation for the egg-barfing.  Though, I disprove of the Predalien make trophies out of its victims method, I like to think of the literature as canon and the Predalien probably got some memory links from the preds or the want to make trophies is more biological than mental than we originally thought.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed