Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 91,026 times)

SiL

Aeus

How many Predators and Aliens you got in this thing?

SiL

I'm rollin' two and seven deep up in this bitch.

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: SiL on May 27, 2010, 10:03:33 AM
Quote from: Wolf Sazen on May 27, 2010, 09:33:01 AM
Okay then, i'm interested..........except, no space marines???
Soldiers under contract to perform security duties while the place is disassembled.
I can dig it so far

predxeno

predxeno

I notice that a lot of us think that it's "disgusting" for chestbursters to eat a human baby while it's in the womb or for aliens to kill human children, but those same people don't find it disturbing to eat fertilized chicken eggs or even veal (baby cow).

The PredBen

How do you know they don't? Lots of people don't approve of veal and LOTS of people don't eat eggs.

SiL

Unless the chick is actually partially developed, it's not really the same. At all.

And yeah, lots of people don't like veal.

predxeno

Ok, my bad.  I should say they may feel it's ok to eat veal, etc.  And, yeah, I guess it may have been a little too presumptious for me to post that.  It just infuriates me to think that it's ok for us to take advantage of other species over the presumption that we are superior to them, but it's not ok for species more superior to us to take advantage of humans.  I go for the "live and let live" routine.

SiL

Of course we should put ourselves above other animals. It's our species.

There's also that it's grotesque to do such things to babies in the name of entertainment - Not a stance I agree with, mind, but there you go.

predxeno

No, I mean if the situation were real-life.

SiL

I cannot see why someone would be incredulous that someone else would care more about an unborn human child being eaten by space parasites than an animal dying.

predxeno

It's kind of hypocritical, don't you think?  We can do things to other creatures just because we're better yet we refuse to allow a situation similar to that to happen to us should we be the victims.  This is the basis for many bias in history, including black slavery and the internment of Jews during WWII.

Basher917

SiL

Quote from: predxeno on May 29, 2010, 01:50:47 AM
We can do things to other creatures just because we're better
Who said we're better? No-one here.

Quoteyet we refuse to allow a situation similar to that to happen to us should we be the victims.
And?

This is part of my problem with PETA. It's okay to eat animals. They are there to eat and be eaten. Eating people is kind of stupid -- Most animals shy away from cannibalism unless necessary. And it sure as shit ain't necessary.

predxeno

Animals aren't there to be eaten anymore than humans are there for aliens to eat if they existed.  I'm not saying it's ok for people to depict humans getting egg-barfed, neither am I saying it's not ok, I'm just saying that if we assume that we have the right to treat other animals in a brutish manner, why couldn't we be treated in the same way by other organisms like the alien if it existed?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed