Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 91,069 times)

SiL

There's nothing saying it only works on pregnant ladies besides the Bros' commentary, and that thing is f**king stupid.

"There's more room in a pregnant woman!"

No there isn't you dumbasses, it's taken up by a friggin' baby.

SM

Dumb c**ts...

QuoteIt's not very believeable that four aliens and a predalien were able to control a city of population 5476 (according to the trailer). 

Why not?

You have a PredAlien (may its name be forever cursed) and two normal adults.  If the PredAlien (may it name be forever cursed) is - is some seem to indicate - a Queen; why isn't it setting up shop and laying eggs like Queens are supposed to do?  Queens are supposed to be full size and laying after about 3 days.  Gunnison seems to have lits of places to hide.  Once the Queen's producing the two Aliens go out and get hosts.  You could have dozens of Aliens in a matter of days.  And their numbers will continue to swell as the human numbers dwindle.

Of course the chance to show a large population being taken a la Hadley, which a lot of fans have been crying out to see, was utterly wasted.  Quel surprise.

predxeno

Predalien was a junior queen, not quite fully molted/grown.

SM

But for something that is supposed to go from one foot long to what eighteen feet tall? - did it ever change size from the time it was on the Predator ship till the bomb gets dropped?

I really don't see anything in the film that tells us it was in any way a Queen.

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 25, 2010, 05:44:08 PM
Um.... where to start....

A. It shows onscreen something overly gory, terribly unnecessary to the film, the literal apex of disgusting things, and I could go on.
B. It f**ks up the precedents set in all other Alien films.
C. It's shot brutally bad.
D. It sucks.

QuoteWhy do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?
The question itself has the answer in it... ::) This reminds me of Doom! ;D ;D ;D
I guess........overly gory tho?  Thats kinda puss for a fan of these two franchises.  That's not the nastiest scene i can recall.  More like when they introduce the newborn in "Ressurection".

SM

SM

What was gory about that?

Unless you mean when it bit the top of Gediman's head off.  Which is only very briefly on screen.

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: Keg on May 25, 2010, 06:02:01 PM
Well here I go.
Reason 1: If a young queen can reproduce like this, why the hell would it ever need to bother with the whole egg, facehugger thing anyway. Completely f**ks with everything we have learned about the alien life cycle.

Reason 2: The whole idea that it impregnates pregnant women is f**king mind numbingly idiotic? Why just pregnant women? Why cant it do it to any human? What happens if there are no pregnant women just conveniently in the vicinity? But wait there is, in a maternity ward, and oh look the Predalien has stumbled across this maternity ward. Brilliant.

Reason 3: Its a pathetic attempt to include some shocking gore, but it has the opposite effect. Theyve thrown it in there for the sake of it, but havnt really thought it through and to be honest it doesnt really make any sense. But hey its gory so just leave it in. Pillocks.
A pregnant human offers more sustanence to the embryo, idk, use ur f**kin imagination dwebe boy, wut kinda geeks r u guys anyway?  U guys need to be more open to new stuff.  Or is everyone here like 35 and older.  That shit was disgustingly awesome and shocking.  It's like when u see the chestburster in "Alien" for the first time, except it wasn't AS awesome as that. 

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: SiL on May 26, 2010, 05:55:11 AM
Quote from: MadassAlex on May 26, 2010, 12:57:56 AM
Her screaming and weeping carries down the desolate, abandoned hallways like the echo of a ghost until, finally, her child is born. The lights flicker and lightning strikes outside, and the Alien looms above her, holding her child. Curious. An experimental application of finger pressure crushes the child, blood and innards escaping from its ruined corpse wherever they can. The Alien, appearing a little disappointed if anything, moves back into its dark place and begins observing the woman again.
This is why filmmakers shouldn't listen to fans.

We come up with retarded shit like this. Repeatedly.
I can't help but wonder, but mostly everytime i've seen u comment from the past, up until just now, it's some negative shit.  U need a hug bro.  I never ever see u offer ur version of a change of scene or maybe how u woulda done somethin different.  I'm callin u out Silvester!  Gimmie somethin other than negative rant's, how bout some creative thinking or sumthin.  Wut would the Sil "Alien", or "Predator", or "AvP" plotline be all about.  Curious........

Puks

Sil's AvP wouldn't exist.  ;D

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: SM on May 27, 2010, 01:15:02 AM
What was gory about that?

Unless you mean when it bit the top of Gediman's head off.  Which is only very briefly screen.
Nah, i meant that introducing the newborn was to me WAY worse than anything they did in the "AvP" movies.

Puks

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: Puks on May 27, 2010, 01:32:05 AM
Puks, get that big titty girl photo off of there, it's distractin me from science fiction dammit!

SM

QuoteI can't help but wonder, but mostly everytime i've seen u comment from the past, up until just now, it's some negative shit.
QuoteI never ever see u offer ur version of a change of scene or maybe how u woulda done somethin different.

Don't read much, eh?

QuoteA pregnant human offers more sustanence to the embryo, idk, use ur f**kin imagination dwebe boy, wut kinda geeks r u guys anyway?

Don't burn yourself on that irony.

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: Puks on May 27, 2010, 01:33:27 AM
----> There's the door..
Oh please, u didn't think everyone was gonna jump on the same d*ck and be a hater against the "AvP" franchises.  And no, i'm not just doin it for jollies.  I genuinely like both movies.  They coulda been better in some area's, but i definatly don't hate them, nor do i subconsciously remove them from continuity to make myself sleep better at night.

Puks

Quote from: Wolf Sazen on May 27, 2010, 01:35:47 AM
Quote from: Puks on May 27, 2010, 01:32:05 AM
Puks, get that big titty girl photo off of there, it's distractin me from science fiction dammit!

Mission accomplished.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed