'The Classic Alien Won't Appear In Ridley Scott's Prequels At All' -Io9.com

Started by The Rogue, Apr 27, 2010, 11:13:26 PM

Author
'The Classic Alien Won't Appear In Ridley Scott's Prequels At All' -Io9.com (Read 21,171 times)

Politikon

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on May 05, 2010, 03:46:21 AM
People's opinion in IMDB are the most reliable sources that can be brought up as evidence. The people at there are very civil and the site is excelently well monitored. IMDB is very reliable for it can be edited by anyone and it has never provided the internet comunity with wrong information. It has also never been the subject of pranks by non of the members. If you want to settle the matter, search there for information.

Now sarcasm aside, I admit politikon, you have been cordial and have not been mean spirited in your discussions. Thats something I admire in anyone. I just don't see your evidence as evidence at all. I see it as your own personal speculation and interpetation of information. But we can disagree and that is a good thing. My responses sometimes appear to be dickish, and they are, but they are not meant to demean you at all, so sorry if that is the way you take it.
My own personal speculation and interpretation? Here we go again. When, have I ever said otherwise? When have I wholeheartedly turned out the phrase THE ALIEN HARVEST SCRIPT IS THE CORRECT SCRIPT FOR THE PREQUEL?
Right. Never. Certainly not in any serious way. Well given the current situation, my history on ALIEN forums, of having an unpopular opinion that turns out to hold up, the fact that you all seem to consistently return to tackle my posts, and my loss of patience with all of this, I will accept a sincere apology for various dick-ish behavior, and continue to run along and discuss these things with people who seem to be able to actually discuss them. Perhaps on IMDB, a place I'm more than familiar with the inner workings of...and where I could just as easily say, that even though it's somewhat open source, the majority of the time, the information on there is more than speculative (unless you're referring to people discussing things on forums).

Its sad to see that people were so bothered by this script that at no point on this forum have I seen anyone actually discuss the script in any mature critical way. Draft or not. I made the mistake of thinking people thought more about these things than what cool weapons the colonial marines should have, why newt and hicks die, and whether Egg Morphing is Canon. Yeah I should diversify my posts alright.

SM

Yeah you should.  So far it's all about 'Why I have so much evidence to suggest the script is real' and then whining and moaning when people think your talking crap.

Painting everyone with the same brush isn't really a good start though.

I didn't read the script on the off chance it was legit so can't comment, but I'm certain people like SiL and others who did, wouldn't trash the whole thing because of colonial marines, Hicks, Newt and egg morphing or lack thereof.

SiL

There wasn't really anything to discuss.

I didn't like the script. Well-written, sure, but I didn't like the ideas, the plot, the characters, the creatures, and it didn't seem to try to be scary. What more is there to say?

Highland

I did like the script, only for some personal preferences on what i think the prequel should contain.

But for the first time in AVP galaxy (ever?) , I'd agree with both Sil and SM on this (which is very hard to do sometimes i may add).

By the way Politikon, your doing a massive disservice to the fans with the latter comments, you'll find some of the most intriguing debates on this site between members.

Politikon

Politikon

Quote from: SM on May 05, 2010, 07:14:58 AM
Yeah you should.  So far it's all about 'Why I have so much evidence to suggest the script is real' and then whining and moaning when people think your talking crap.

Painting everyone with the same brush isn't really a good start though.

I didn't read the script on the off chance it was legit so can't comment, but I'm certain people like SiL and others who did, wouldn't trash the whole thing because of colonial marines, Hicks, Newt and egg morphing or lack thereof.

I find it a bit hard to get my head around the idea of me talking crap with all the homophobes and meatheads talking complete utter BS about this thing while moderators and other members see no problem with it. Is that WHINEY? I guess that's just too effin bad for you then.

Im one of the only people trying to discuss it in any way that doesn't include calling it BROKEBACK ALIEN or GAYLIEN or yelling about gay sex, or SJ BBQ's. Certainly these are all childish over-simplifications and more crap-talk than anything I've said.

Your definition of whining seems to involve anything that doesn't simply say I DIDN'T LIKE IT.

I've seen people respond to messages about this topic with things like 'If it's not buttsects Politikon won't like it.'
Really? I mean. Is that supposed to embarrass ME or the person who wrote it? Did they misspell butt sex on purpose? You have to be kidding me? You think I'm whining and talking crap? What does that say about you, buddy?

As for this great disservice.... I'm only calling them like I see 'em. If there are people who can discuss things, their counterparts, speculate and objectively consider possibilities, this HARVEST script certainly isn't an example of it. Where I come from, in NYC, the minute someone says something homophobic and uneducated like that people would disregard their opinion, silence that shit, and consider them hateful and ignorant but alas those people are Okay on here. MY posts are crap-talk.

If anything is doing this site a disservice it's not my posts here it's the abundant lack of consideration and mature debate that some wish to exemplify. Thats not too mention the  lack of contempt for uncivilized, and moronic homophobia. I'm sorry but you need to point that finger elsewhere.

When someone can post countless threads of hateful, misinformed BS and no one has a problem with it, but I get accused of crap-talk for speculating and trying to instill a healthy debate regarding a scripts possibile legitimacy, you might need to rethink your priorities.

Highland

Politikon theres about 15 threads on the bloody harvest script, and you started 14 of them. I think we've discussed it bone dry myself. Now you just still seem to be ranting on about how it "might" be the real deal, cool, fine, run with it. Maybe ease up on the gas a little though.. :D

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Politkon, don't call this site homophobic. That is simply insulting. The problem I have with it is not that it's gay sex; it's that it's sex at all. I don't think that should be in an Alien movie. Of course, I haven't read the script, so maybe it worked in that context.

TJ Doc

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 05, 2010, 10:14:09 PM
I haven't read the script

OMGWTFSJBBQ!?!?!

You need to read it! It's an event.

SiL

Quote from: Politikon on May 05, 2010, 05:24:58 PM
Im one of the only people trying to discuss it in any way that doesn't include calling it BROKEBACK ALIEN or GAYLIEN or yelling about gay sex, or SJ BBQ's.
I never once called it Gaylien, Brokeback Alien, or whined about the gay sex.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TJ Doc on May 05, 2010, 10:29:45 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 05, 2010, 10:14:09 PM
I haven't read the script

OMGWTFSJBBQ!?!?!

You need to read it! It's an event.

Meh. I prefer watching the debate. :)

SM

Quite.  Kinda one sided though.

visagepoissons

Quote from: SM on May 05, 2010, 11:39:53 PM
Quite.  Kinda one sided though.
Politikon is a side all of his own.

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

I sure have seen the BrokeBack Alien and Gaylien references, but thats what you call movie references and parody. Jon Stewart, a comedian and supporter of gay rights uses that type of parody all the time in his show. He even has a recurring segment called "Gay Watch", a parody on "Bay Watch". Nothing hateful about that, but I guess that people that work on scripts and with writters would not know that type of humor or literary/artistic expresion wouldn't they. And since when pointing out that the script is more than likey a fake make you a homophobe? The defense of the harvest script is getting pathethic.

J-Syxx

QuotePolitkon, don't call this site homophobic. That is simply insulting. The problem I have with it is not that it's gay sex; it's that it's sex at all. I don't think that should be in an Alien movie. Of course, I haven't read the script, so maybe it worked in that context.

What does this even mean?  Sex has been in Alien forever.  Sexual themes are absolutely integral to Ridley Scott's original film.  Hell, Ripley even had actual sex in Alien 3.  I don't know anything about this fan script, but I can pretty much gurantee you sex will be a big part of the prequel in some way.  In fact, it will probably be gay sexual themes since that seems somewhere else the film could go.

And this guy seems to be too hung up on a fanscript, when Ridley Scott said only a few months ago the script was just finished.  But bashing something as Gaylien and Broke Back Alien seems pretty f**king homophobic to me.  When John Stewart makes gay jokes, he doesn't do it because he's pissed off something has gay themes and wants to bash it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed