'The Classic Alien Won't Appear In Ridley Scott's Prequels At All' -Io9.com

Started by The Rogue, Apr 27, 2010, 11:13:26 PM

Author
'The Classic Alien Won't Appear In Ridley Scott's Prequels At All' -Io9.com (Read 21,168 times)

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 04, 2010, 04:31:02 AM
Actually, circumstantial evidence can be used in court, but I digress.

It can be presented, but it is NOT enough to convict you, arrest you, or even issue a search warant. Again it all depends on where you live.

Politikon

Quote from: SM on May 04, 2010, 04:22:55 AM
What's the point?

I mean by the time the films out, we'll know if the script was real or not. Yes?

We can find out at any time prior as well.

I just dont get why everyone is treating my statement that the odds are in favor of it being legit as if I were insisting it with 100% certainty.

Would it help if I used numbers?
Okay.
As of now, given what we know about the HARVEST script AND the info on the PREQUEL I can say with 85% certainty that the script seems is legit.
I think that AS OF NOW given the details....
If I had to place a bet, I would bet it was legit,...
but I am not stating that I BELIEVE it is legit.

I can say, that I wouldn't MIND the script because apart from some tweaking with the ANTS I LIKE IT A LOT.

BUT AT NO TIME HAVE I STATED 'THE SCRIPT IS REAL!!! THERE ARE NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT'

And yet, I keep having to explain and explain as if thats what i were saying.

What I would really like is for some enthusiastic responses like, hypothetically someone might respond by adding, 'Oh Shit! I see what you're saying! I wonder if x might happen!" or
'Did you notice when Ridley said this, that x applies to that script as well....'

Given this attitude if the script ISN't REAL someone will claim I was wrong, but all Im saying is that AS OF NOW, with what we know, it DOES SEEM LIKE THERE IS A GOOD POSSIBILITY THAT IT IS REAL....

Next Rdley might reveal something that isn't in the script we read, and I might STILL question IF that fits in with HARVEST and could be a rewrite, or I might think. That settles it, the script isn't real.
But Im certainly not saying I am 100% certain that this thing is legit.
Im only 100% certain that with the current information, that odds appear greater in FAVOR of it being legit. That's all.

SM

So I guess no one got the Alien reference then...

Sad.

SiL

I got it.

Cos I'm awesome.

Quote-IM NOT. IM SURPRISED YOU ALL THINK A SUCCESSFUL WRITER WITH LOTS 'O GRAND ARTISTIC MEANING IN HIS BRAIN,
Published =/= successful.

Your argument seems to hinge on talent being in any way related to overall intelligence or, to some extent, maturity.

Xhan

QuoteYou can be talented and an idiot.

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

Politikon, you have NEVER stated that the harvest script is the REAL deal? You actually DID STATE it was LEGIT:

Quote from: Politikon on Apr 29, 2010, 04:17:24 AM
I would like to see the blue lights in the Prequel.

Oh yeah and ALIEN HARVEST was legit.

You wrote that in "new alien movie is prequel" thread started by dusk under important topics, i believ it is in page 24. Just saying.

Mus

Mus

Oh shit, he's begun using randomly capitalized words now. Like the fellow I talked about earlier. This is all too familiar.

...mortalhuman?

QuoteWhat's the point?

I mean by the time the films out, we'll know if the script was real or not. Yes?

This is the most sensible post on the whole authenticity debate yet - plus I enjoyed your Ash quote from Alien!

In the coming year(s) leading up to the prequel release, unless there is any reference whatsoever to:
Spoiler

Ant Aliens
Space Jockey mind controlled butt jockeys
Isotope tag nipple secretions
A starship called 'Arrowhead'
Jockeys refered to 'Growers'
Jockeys ship initially being a figure 8 shape
etc
[close]

...then Alien Harvest is NOT a draft, in no way a legitimate script by Spaihts, and not involved at all in the Alien Prequel story.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SM on May 04, 2010, 04:22:55 AM
What's the point?

I feel so stupid that I didn't notice this earlier. :(

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: Mus on May 04, 2010, 11:47:15 AM
Oh shit, he's begun using randomly capitalized words now. Like the fellow I talked about earlier. This is all too familiar.

...mortalhuman?

:D its called parody lol

Politikon

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on May 04, 2010, 08:43:31 AM
Politikon, you have NEVER stated that the harvest script is the REAL deal? You actually DID STATE it was LEGIT:

Quote from: Politikon on Apr 29, 2010, 04:17:24 AM
I would like to see the blue lights in the Prequel.

Oh yeah and ALIEN HARVEST was legit.

You wrote that in "new alien movie is prequel" thread started by dusk under important topics, i believ it is in page 24. Just saying.

Right because SARCASM is such an inappropriate response to that thread.

And I got the 'WHAT"S THE POINT...." Ash reference too.

Spaghetti

Quote from: LeighD on May 03, 2010, 01:25:42 PM
he seems to be re-designing things to keep AVP & AVPR cannon. Or am I mis-interrepting something.

*vomits*

Where did you interpret this from?

Politikon

Politikon

Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2010, 07:50:37 AM
I got it.

Cos I'm awesome.

Quote-IM NOT. IM SURPRISED YOU ALL THINK A SUCCESSFUL WRITER WITH LOTS 'O GRAND ARTISTIC MEANING IN HIS BRAIN,
Published =/= successful.

Your argument seems to hinge on talent being in any way related to overall intelligence or, to some extent, maturity.

Nope. My arguments were never based around ANY absolutes. My argument was to point out that all of these/your assumptions are a lot LESS LIKELY.  Yes, it's POSSIBLE that a silly teenage fan-boy with A LOT of talent and a passion for writing wrote that script and all faked all the rest of that mess....but it's far MORE LIKELY that someone as Creative, talented and disciplined as the Harvest author would know a thing or two about the writing business. I'm using a bit of Psychology, I suppose.... As I've said countless times, I was simply proposing that all the arguments against the script's legitimacy are far LESS LIKELY than the evidence in support.

But, if you really like arguing about it, suppose you tried proving the evidence wrong w/out or instead of apprehensively attacking my verbal skills.

I'd like to propose now, that all this apprehension to my suggestions and theory, would imply to any TALENTED and NON-IDIOTIC detective that you are all actually worried that this thing MIGHT BE REAL.

If you weren't you wouldn't care to keep this going.

Of course, the same can be said for me. I might be worried that its not real and I might be worried that they will, in fact, f**k up all the things that script thankfully does right (or just maybe it wont be anything like it and still wont f things up!), but I've been honest about those concerns and have been trying to start a certain investigative speculation. A MATURE one, perhaps. But this seems to make some of you uncomfortable.

I'm not pointing any fingers. You likely wont need my help.

Did I mention there are a bunch of people on IMDB who seem to think there's a good chance of this thing being legit as well....
No worries.

If and when they turn this thing into some watered down, namby-pamby rehash of what we've already seen, i suppose I might be equally as amused by your alleged bad taste. Wait, maybe if they do that the movie will be really awesome!

Please take the time to reminisce on the way I remained cordial while the rest of these people have done nothing but instigate and antagonize my current lack of restraint.

SM

Think you might need to diversify your posts just a tad.

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

People's opinion in IMDB are the most reliable sources that can be brought up as evidence. The people at there are very civil and the site is excelently well monitored. IMDB is very reliable for it can be edited by anyone and it has never provided the internet comunity with wrong information. It has also never been the subject of pranks by non of the members. If you want to settle the matter, search there for information.

Now sarcasm aside, I admit politikon, you have been cordial and have not been mean spirited in your discussions. Thats something I admire in anyone. I just don't see your evidence as evidence at all. I see it as your own personal speculation and interpetation of information. But we can disagree and that is a good thing. My responses sometimes appear to be dickish, and they are, but they are not meant to demean you at all, so sorry if that is the way you take it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed