It's Been Almost 13 Years Since Alien: Resurrection Came Out And...

Started by Chris Redfield, Apr 07, 2010, 01:36:29 AM

Do you still hate the film?

Oh hell yes!
72 (42.1%)
No
99 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author
It's Been Almost 13 Years Since Alien: Resurrection Came Out And... (Read 26,622 times)

DARIAS93

It's been almost 13 years since Alien: Resurrection came out in theaters and it's been criticise a lot back then, but the question is do you still hate the film or do you have a change of heart about the film even though it made a couple of mistakes? If so, then why?

SM

It's just as flawed as Alien3, though for different reasons.  And I dig as much as I dig Alien3 and always have.  Which is lots.

MadassAlex

I never really hated it.

It has its moments. It was just the wrong direction for Alien-related stuff.

Aeus

I can't stand it. Terrible, terrible entry into the Alien series.

ElderPredator

It has it's flaws but I don't mind the film at all.

Puks

Quote from: SM on Apr 07, 2010, 01:40:27 AM
It's just as flawed as Alien3, though for different reasons.  And I dig as much as I dig Alien3 and always have.  Which is lots.

Exactly my thoughts.

SamHain

SamHain

Hell Yeah!!!! my hate on newborn and the fleshy shit-color aliens will never end

DoomRulz

Don't really care much, but I still hate it. Stupid movie.

Undeadite

It was the first Alien film I saw in theaters, and I absolutely loved it as a kid. Now I can appreciate it, but it isnt my favorite.

Dino21AvP

It doesn't really fit with the other Alien movies imo but I usually end up watching it if it's on TV.  ;D

superdeathpredator

I still like but I would like it alot more without the Newborn idea

MichaelMyers

I never really hated the movie, the newborn was a terrible design though

Mus

What should it have looked like?

MadassAlex

There were a few concept design sketches sent to Fox before the first AvP movie was released. They were by some studio that wanted to revolutionise the Alien and were really creepy. The issue is that they were even fleshier and more organic than the AR/AvP Aliens, but I thought as soon as I saw them that they'd be brilliant designs for the Newborn.

OmegaZilla

I never hated this film.
I liked it more than Alien 3 actually, and I have to say, it surprised me. Other than having some really memorable characters, its photography and disturbing imagery gets me every time. The 1-7 clones sequence still creeps me out every time I see it.
And really, the Newborn wasn't bad at all. It striked successfully at what he wanted to represent: a science abomination.
So no, never hated A:R.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed