It's Been Almost 13 Years Since Alien: Resurrection Came Out And...

Started by Chris Redfield, Apr 07, 2010, 01:36:29 AM

Do you still hate the film?

Oh hell yes!
72 (42.1%)
No
99 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author
It's Been Almost 13 Years Since Alien: Resurrection Came Out And... (Read 26,629 times)

Lt. Mike Harrigan

No. I've grown to appreciate it for what it is.

A good Sci-Fi/Action film.

But a bad Alien film.

the aliens themselves and the newborn are not what i don't like about AR, the thing i don't like is the fact that it doesn't take itself seriously enough. or perhaps it's not consistant with how seriously it takes itself. some parts of it are deadly serious, and some parts just feel out of place.

in reality, all i know is that i had a crush on Winona Ryder when it came out :P

TJ Doc

I never hated it. But I like to think of it as more of a spin-off film than an actual series installment. You know, it's like one of Star Wars comics where Luke Skywalker fights the resurrected Darth Maul or something.

Mus

Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 07, 2010, 03:00:03 PM
the aliens themselves and the newborn are not what i don't like about AR, the thing i don't like is the fact that it doesn't take itself seriously enough. or perhaps it's not consistant with how seriously it takes itself. some parts of it are deadly serious, and some parts just feel out of place.

*Ripley torches the failed clones in shock and disgust*

"Must be a chick thing, durr."

Spaghetti

Crainy

I always likeed Resurrection more than Alien 3.

Quote from: Mus on Apr 07, 2010, 03:57:45 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 07, 2010, 03:00:03 PM

*Ripley torches the failed clones in shock and disgust*

"Must be a chick thing, durr."
exactly my point, an emotional moment followed by a gag, ruins it.

OmegaZilla

Johner's reaction is like someone which doesn't understand completely what happened in that room and what it was for Ripley.

DoomRulz

And it ruined the scene. That's all that matters.

SM

The scene was over and done with.

DoomRulz

How so? There was still a moment left to let what just happened sink in, but it was ruined with that stupid line.

SM

It's just a coda.  Ripley had done her thing, confronted Wren, then Call biffed him.

DoomRulz

Meh, maybe I'm hung up on it but I found it rather irritating. Put it this way, it wasn't a necessary line. It could have been edited out.

SM

Possibly. 

Just be thankful we were spared some of Whedon's other choice lines of shite.

DoomRulz

Wouldn't know what they were, but I can certainly imagine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed