Adrien Brody on Predators

Started by Bear Grylls, Apr 06, 2010, 09:00:42 PM

Author
Adrien Brody on Predators (Read 5,973 times)

Bear Grylls

Bear Grylls

http://www.canmag.com/nw/15610-predators-adrien-brody

Adrien Brody is not the type of guy you imagine to fight Predators. Sure, he was in King Kong, as a playwright. The guys who fight Predator are Arnold, Jesse "The Body," Carl Weathers, even tough guys Danny Glover and Gary Busey. Brody knows what he's doing though.

"I'm a huge fan of the brand and I'm a huge fan of the genre and the original film," Brody said in a press conference at the South by Southwest film festival. "I know that I have a big responsibility to covey a sense of truth in my performance and it was very exciting. It was a very exciting process for me because all the technical stuff and the Rambo-like qualities of the character are really awesome. As a kid I loved these stories so it's an excuse for me to seriously go there."

When there came a scene where a gang of Predators targets Brody's character with their triple laser sights, Brody just geeked out. "That's what I'm saying. When I saw that, that was an amazing day in and of itself just because they created the atmosphere. The physical atmosphere that we were in was so intense. It was a smoke-filled contained space. The entire crew has these masks on except us and I'm hyperventilating on there. They have these chunks of some supposedly nontoxic material that wouldn't come off my boots for a month. This stuff is blowing through the air and it was just epic. Flames bursting. It just was so exciting. For the most part, my character, and we're all adrenalized through this whole process, very exciting."

As for filling the role, Brody went as method as he would for Roman Polanski. "I did put on a substantial amount of muscle mass for the role, and the physical training was a big part of building to that character. I think to prepare psychologically, I had the luxury of we shot in Hawaii and we shot in thousands of acres of tropical rainforest. I'd gotten permission from the owners of the state to let me stay on the property, so I isolated myself. I stayed on the property. I didn't stay in a hotel, and came out to work out and eat."

That's what director Nimrod Antal and producer Robert Rodriguez hired Brody for. "They've both been incredible collaborators. They've been very receptive to my thoughts and ideas. Robert as a producer I think has been a very big creative force and allowing all of this to happen and in a contained space. Here we are, we shot a studio movie but it was very much like independent terms, which is a remarkable thing which actually is very similar to King Kong. Peter had a very similar operation going which is wonderful. You're given a lot of creative freedom within that and also trust from the studio."

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Nice article ;D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

f**king a.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Nice, looking forward to seeing his performance on the big screen. I'm sure it will be excellent.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 06, 2010, 09:33:29 PM
Nice, looking forward to seeing his performance on the big screen. I'm sure it will be excellent. :)
Yer I liked his acting in king kong very talented actor.

Raptor

Raptor

This movie will be epic!!!

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

Awsome. Hey Bear Grylls, are you THE Bear Grylls? Sorry, I have to know.

ShadowPred

Doomofman

Doomofman

Hahaha "Survivaller"  ::)

Nihil

Nihil

Quote from: Raptor on Apr 06, 2010, 09:34:53 PM
This movie will be epic!!!

F**K yeah!!!!

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Awesome.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Apr 06, 2010, 10:39:33 PM
Awsome. Hey Bear Grylls, are you THE Bear Grylls? Sorry, I have to know.

Been wondering that myself.

Also if Alexa Chung is the real deal.

Ijapa

Ijapa

Confirms the trailer scene with all the tri-sights.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal

the article mentiones brody face with a gang of predators with lasers locked on him. is that the writer just saying what he saw in the trailer to set up the question or is it really part of the film? brody's answer doesnt seem to suggest anything either way. any thoughts?

jaztermareal

jaztermareal

Quote from: Ijapa on Apr 07, 2010, 12:21:13 AM
Confirms the trailer scene with all the tri-sights.

argh! beat me to it!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed