Started by predxeno, Apr 06, 2010, 02:05:40 AM

Who would win: an alien colony or the creatures of Pandora

Alien Colony
62 (84.9%)
Pandora
11 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author
Alien colony on/vs. Avatar's Pandora (Read 16,381 times)

predxeno

predxeno

I'm making this thread because I remember James Cameron saying that his Thanator could kill an alien easily.  So now, I want to see how many of you would actually think an alien colony would subdue the entire planet.  I know that Eywa (the planet's god) could probably help defend the planet so let's include the Super Queen from Aliens The Female War and AVP Deadliest of the Species in the invasion/infestation.  Both are mothers relatively.  The Super Queen has psychic abilities.  Does anyone think it's possible for a Na'vi alien (alien born from Na'vi) to put the Super Queen's signal into the planet's system and make people and/or Na'vi worship the Super Queen like some humans did during the Alien invasion of Earth?

SM

SM

Eywa would send it's animals to save the day and the Aliens would go "Bonus!!  More hosts!!"

MadassAlex

Can't see anything native to Pandora having the means to consistently and reliably destroy the Aliens.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

I don't even know what a super Queen is, but screw her. The Aliens don't need her. Imagine the Aliens will first start off gathering small time hosts such as Viperwolves, (and thus, because of their genetic-taking abilities would gain all the Viperwolves advantages plus more) but as time progresses and the Brood grows strong more larger hosts would be impregnated such as Thanators and those Hammerhead things.

EDIT: Also, might I just add that the Tree is not actually god. In my opinion, the tree was basically a big memory store. It stored all of the Navi's emotions, memories etc and passed them on around the world. All the animals would eat the trees etc and pass on these feelings. In simple terms, the Animals new that the humans were a threat to the Planet because they bot all of Jake's emotions etc and new they had to be killed for the better of Pandora.

The PredBen

Like ScoobySnax said ti would impregnate a releatively large host. Then with that hosts traits subdue a bigger host and impregnate that. Although some creatures are just to large to hug.

SM

SM

Besides if the Aliens breed form Pandoran animals wouldn't they also be part of the this big tree-hugging circle of life thing, meaning Eywa would be fighting herself.

Quick N Slick

A whole planet versus one colony?

Better be a fvcking big colony, or the Aliens will simply be trampled.

predxeno

What if Eeywa sent an army of Thanators, the very creatures James Cameron (one who helped shape both franchises) said would easily kill an alien, to combat the aliens.

ScoobySnax

Quote from: SM on Apr 06, 2010, 02:18:54 AM
Besides if the Aliens breed form Pandoran animals wouldn't they also be part of the this big tree-hugging circle of life thing, meaning Eywa would be fighting herself.
A VERY good point.
Quote from: predxeno on Apr 06, 2010, 02:21:03 AM
What if Eeywa sent an army of Thanators, the very creatures James Cameron (one who helped shape both franchises) said would easily kill an alien, to combat the aliens.
They would get the shit kicked out of them by Thanator Hybrids.

Quick N Slick

I really think you guys are taking some liberties with the Aliens' ability to gain an initial foothold. If the whole planet is aware of their arrival, & mobilises against them, it's Goodnight, Irene for our favourite Xenomorphs.

SM

SM

Big difference between being aware and being able to do something about it before the Aliens multiply.

ScoobySnax

Depends. How many Aliens are there to help them get a foothold. Though, if it's any less than fifty, and the whole Planet knows, then yes, they are f**ked.
In my honest opinion, if a small pod containing no more than three Facehuggers were crashed on the Planet, without the Navi initially knowing it, it's goodbye to Pandora.
Then again, how powerful/big would a freakin' Navi Alien be?

Quick N Slick

Quote from: SM on Apr 06, 2010, 02:26:24 AM
Big difference between being aware and being able to do something about it before the Aliens multiply.

I'm not convinced. Pandora exhibited the ability to mobilise essentially it's entire eco-system against a single threat. Imagine if the Earth's organisms all went in-sync against something. The result is catastrophic for any invading force. If Pandora had initially reacted this way to the humans, they'd have been seriously up against it, even with their weaponry. Hell, they were up against it even after gaining a foothold.

Let's say you had Facehuggers everywhere. Well, they're whole schtick is to creep up on organisms. If they take cover in the bushes, everything alive in that rainforest is out to get them. Them, & all of their warrior cousins.

I don't think an Alien colony stands a prayer, the more I think of it. Let's say you had a colony of a hundred Aliens, or even a thousand. They're up against billions of organisms. Maybe tens of billions. Good luck.

SM

SM

And if the Alien become part of the eco-system, all the Na'vi would have to say they're little prayer every time they kill one and Eywa may not even send her eco warrior animals against them.  It took her fecking ages in the movie to do anything against Weyland Yutani - I mean whatever they were called.

Quick N Slick

Quote from: SM on Apr 06, 2010, 02:37:18 AM
And if the Alien become part of the eco-system, all the Na'vi would have to say they're little prayer every time they kill one and Eywa may not even send her eco warrior animals against them.  It took her fecking ages in the movie to do anything against Weyland Yutani - I mean whatever they were called.

Did anything beside the Navi stop to pray after killing something?

You are talking about tens of billions of organisms against a single colony of one creature. Frankly, & to put this in perspective, those hammerhead rhino things --- you can't tell me one of those wouldn't kick the ever-loving shit out of a Xenomorph. Now, one Alien colony against every one of those creatures --- my money's on the Hammerheads. One Alien colony against that, & every other organism on the planet?

I don't know what the math on your calculator is telling you, but mine says this is one hell of a mismatch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed