A, P, AvP Timeline

Started by Katarn84, Mar 17, 2010, 05:50:23 PM

Author
A, P, AvP Timeline (Read 12,224 times)

Katarn84

Katarn84

I've collected nearly every novel written in this site literature page but I have a little trouble with a correct timeline, so far I think it should be something like this:

Predator
Predator Concrete jungle
Predator Cold war
Predator Big game
Predator 2

Alien sv Predator Movie novelization

Predator Flesh and Blood (still to read)
Predator Turnabout (still to read)
Predator South China Sea (still to buy)

Aliens Steel Egg (still to read, but afraid since the author is the same of Forever Midnight...)
Alien
Aliens
Alien3
Aliens Earth Hive
Aliens Asylum
Aliens The female war
Aliens Genocide (a lot better than the comic it comes from, by the way)
Aliens Alien Harvest
Aliens Rogue
Aliens Labirinth
Aliens Berserker
Aliens Music of the spears
Alien Resurrection (novel and Junior novel)
Aliens Original Sin (a bit of screwing up Alien origins, but nice reading)
Aliens DNA War (still to read)
Aliens Cauldron (still to read)
Aliens Criminal Enterprise (still to read)
Aliens No Exit (still to buy)

- Can't place these precisely on the timeline, could be nearly anywhere, perhaps before the Alien invasion of Earth since the Xenomorphs are still unknown to the common people:
Aliens vs Predator Prey
Aliens vs Predator Hunter's Planet
Aliens vs Predator War

- Completely out of canon
Predator Forever Midnight (reading in progress these days, awful destruction of Predator canon)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Steel Egg is WAY better than Forever Midnight, thankfully. I liked it quite a bit.

QuoteAliens Original Sin (a bit of screwing up Alien origins, but nice reading)
Aliens DNA War (still to read)
Aliens Cauldron (still to read)
Aliens Criminal Enterprise (still to read)
Aliens No Exit (still to buy)
I'd put those well before 'Alien Resurrection'. Aliens are common knowledge in all four if I remember right (maybe not Cauldron, I can't remember) and No Exit references the infestation of Earth I think, and Criminal Enterprise references Grant Corp (from Genocide) or something like that.

Turnabout and South China Sea happen in the present day, but Flesh and Blood takes place in the future.

SM

SM

Original Sin is obviously post-Resurrection.

An out of date timeline for comics/ novels

Katarn84

Katarn84

Quote from: SM on Mar 17, 2010, 10:47:43 PM
Original Sin is obviously post-Resurrection.

That's quite obvious, since the main characters are The Betty crew.

SM

SM

Yup.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

With the advent of PREDATORS and the Untitled Alien Prequel coming out, I believe that the timelines have been seperated and made into three different alternate timelines. From what I have heard, Fox has seperated Alien, Predator, and AVP as three different continuity timelines. For me, here is how canon goes..

Keep in mind, I haven't read any of the newer novels, and some of the comics I have not read or some I don't know the year for.

-Rakai'Thwei

Predator Cotinuity

Predator
Predators

Alien Cotinuity

Untitled Alien Prequel
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Ressurrection

Alien vs Predator Cotinuity

Alien vs Predator (10,000 BC)
Predator
Predator 2
Alien vs Predator (2004 AD)
Aliens vs Predator Requiem
Predator: Concrete Jungle
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien vs Predator (Atari Jaguar)
Alien vs Predator (PC)
Alien vs Predator 3 (Set 30 years after Alien 3)
Aliens vs Predator 2 (Set 50 years after Alien 3)
Alien vs Predator: Prey
Aliens: Berserker
Aliens vs Predator: Duel
Aliens vs Predator: War
Aliens vs Predator: Hunter's Planet
Alien Ressurrection

SM

SM

Any of the AvPs featuring Machiko don't fit the film continuity.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Mar 17, 2010, 11:47:32 PM
Any of the AvPs featuring Machiko don't fit the film continuity.

Isn't Fox's policy on canon that everything with their seal is canon?

I remember you telling me that SM.

-Rakai'Thwei

SM

SM

With Alien there's a difference between something being canon and if it fits into the continuity.  The AvPs featuring Machiko (incl. Berseeker) reference Earth being over-run by Aliens.  Resurrection shows us this never happened.

So they're all officially licensed (which you could call canon I guess - but then where does the AvP arcade game fit?  Or the Konami game?), but there need to be completely seperate continuities because of the myriad contradictions.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Mar 17, 2010, 11:53:33 PM
So they're all officially licensed (which you could call canon I guess - but then where does the AvP arcade game fit?  Or the Konami game?), but there need to be completely seperate continuities because of the myriad contradictions.

Or personal canon, as you say.

I remember reading the novels, since I pretty much own them. Granted Earth was at one point over-run by Aliens, and could be explained somewhat in the re-written Earth Hive and Nightmare Asylum (the Billie and Wilkes re-writes anyway), and the comment on Resurrection of Earth in ruines, leaves much to speculate.

Concerning the comics and the novels featuring Machiko, I suppose I would have to re-read them to understand the contradictions your mentioning but from what I remember, there wasn't much contradiction.

As for the Capcom AvP Arcade and Aliens Konami, I wouldn't count them as canon.

But hey, you have seperate timelines now, so in the end it doesn't really matter does it?

-Rakai'Thwei

SM

SM

Pretty much.

However it's not really personal canon which would infer it's based on opinion.  But it's not - it's fact that in Resurrection there's been no contact with Aliens since Ripley's death.  The destruction seen at the end of Resurrection isn't related to the comics.  Personal continuity (or continuities) would probably be more accurate.

Fox may say that everything licensed is canonical, but they don't care for a single overarching continuity one iota.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Mar 18, 2010, 12:06:39 AM
Pretty much.

However it's not really personal canon which would infer it's based on opinion.  But it's not - it's fact that in Resurrection there's been no contact with Aliens since Ripley's death.  The destruction seen at the end of Resurrection isn't related to the comics.  Personal continuity (or continuities) would probably be more accurate.

Fox may say that everything licensed is canonical, but they don't care for a single overarching continuity one iota.

Hmmm... Interesting.

Gotta say, thanks for the info and clearing alot of things up.

I haven't really watched Resurrection in a decade since I really didn't enjoy that film, so I suppose I have to force myself to watch it again.

And yeah, I pretty much figured that Fox really doesn't care about continuity. It makes me laugh knowing that in a humorous way.

-Rakai'Thwei

predxeno

predxeno

The government could have covered the alien infestations up in the Aliens vs Predator arcade, like they did in AVP:R.  I like to think that Aliens Earth Hive and the rest happend long after the other novels like Original Sin and the movies since it's mentioned that the people have plasma rifles and stuff but don't use it in the movies or games.  But then again, maybe Predator: Concrete Jungle the game could explain some of that.  A lot of this stuff is based on guesswork.

SM

SM

San Drad is depicted as a major city; not some hicksvile backwater. Can't cover that up.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Katarn84 on Mar 17, 2010, 05:50:23 PM
I've collected nearly every novel written in this site literature page but I have a little trouble with a correct timeline, so far I think it should be something like this:

Predator
Predator Concrete jungle
Predator Cold war
Predator Big game
Predator 2

Shouldn't Concrete Jungle be after Predator 2?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed