why such abnormally large heads this time???

Started by warchant-D, Mar 14, 2010, 09:52:11 PM

Author
why such abnormally large heads this time??? (Read 4,144 times)

badass_badger

Compensation for small genitals. duh.

Goblin

i too thought that the heads on the preds were a  lil big :( the orig is so much smaller than all of these plus he wasnt as bulky in the body as most of these preds are... just sayiin.

Airidok

Airidok

I was very pleased with the size of the predators' heads. They look more like the original predator anatomy than what we've seen in the AVP films.

However, thanks to this thread, I cannot get Steve Carell's voice out of my head. Thanks for that.

boostedlsj

Quote from: Airidok on Mar 15, 2010, 07:39:50 AM
I was very pleased with the size of the predators' heads. They look more like the original predator anatomy than what we've seen in the AVP films.

However, thanks to this thread, I cannot get Steve Carell's voice out of my head. Thanks for that.

AVP Preds yes? Wolf no. He was beautiful  :P

randy4321

The only predator that had a compeltely proportionate body in my opinion was wolf. Just seemed more accurate.

dallevalle

Quote from: randy4321 on Mar 15, 2010, 09:08:20 PM
The only predator that had a compeltely proportionate body in my opinion was wolf. Just seemed more accurate.

i guees wolf face was large fine size but his face was really ugly too ya im talking scar ugly/bad, well at least that will change that in the new predators movie !

ShadowStalker

Man, so much little nit picking with this movie. Jeez guess not everyone can be happy
Hell i think it looks find but you have your opion and i have mine, what makes us human lol

randy4321

Quote from: ShadowStalker on Mar 15, 2010, 09:10:56 PM
Man, so much little nit picking with this movie. Jeez guess not everyone can be happy
Hell i think it looks find but you have your opion and i have mine, what makes us human lol
Im not really complaining I was just comparing and contrasting. Im prefectly fine with what they are dishing out because it looks really interesting so far.

ShadowStalker

me too, i was more reffering to the overall start of this thread and others alike lol

warchant-D

OMG, any of you that actually claim to be 100% content with how the  new preds look based on what we've seen thus far are either blind, mentally handicapped or simply suffering from dillusional  fanboy optimism. You want proof that two of the preds, not the supposid black one ,(he's alright, except for maybe that jaw thing. not so sure about  that) are just weird and unproprtional. And don't  just say its because their supposed to be because their mutated. Two of them are hideous designs, I mean laughable, and dishaeartening to say the least. The bird looking one has an enormous protruding forehead around the eyes and massive mask(you can't even see it's neck for christ sake, something youve always been abe to see with other preds. It makes his head design look cheap and like its just resting on his shoulders. second , he doesnt even resemble a pred at all, especially from those set pics. its body shape, the way it stands looks feminine , and it looks more like some kind of stupid mechanical bird . REDICULOUS! The other with the tusks, well his  problems I noticed were his mask as well, it seemed to be extremely wide and large, ingulfing his neck and most of his dreds, not to mention his chest seems to protrude out distinctively more in comparrison  to the other two.

Danger Close

The mask on the pred with the hound kinda reminds me of Ash in "Army of Darkness" when his face is being sucked into the book.

The Demon

I think its all about the way they film the Predator with all the angles etc. I believe the original Predator's head seemed to be pretty huge too.

warchant-D

ok, im not saying the original pred designs heads werent in any way large , cuz they were, in comparison to  humans, they were just relatively uniform  and proportional to their body size. (bigger body=bigger head)  its just that these representations are uncharacteristicly even larger.. I  mean, are they even going to be able to turn their heads, because of the way it appears , the particular two (tusks and bird boy) don't appear to even be able to with the designs of their masks.  (they have no neck area to rotate,masks descend below shoulder blades). One other thing i noticed with the tusk one, is that his mask appears  also to wrap around his face more like a helmet as apposed to simply a mask, that were all accustomed to seeing.
Most importantly , I'm afraid these designs make them seem lop-sided, bulky, and simply less fearsome as they lack sharp, sleek edges and features, distinct jaw lines, sharp brows, and  intimidating eyes ...all characteristics needed of any creature  to impose fear and be intimidating.

Nole

Go cry yourself to sleep.

Airidok

Quote from: boostedlsj on Mar 15, 2010, 08:42:29 PM
Quote from: Airidok on Mar 15, 2010, 07:39:50 AM

AVP Preds yes? Wolf no. He was beautiful  :P

His mask was a little small... Or maybe his dreads were huge. Or maybe both.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed