RARE Palisades Signature Series Predator statue prototype

Started by Sabres21768, Mar 09, 2010, 03:54:37 PM

Author
RARE Palisades Signature Series Predator statue prototype (Read 4,149 times)

Sabres21768

Oh, what could have been...

Back in the glory days of Palisades collectibles (long before Sideshow started putting out Aliens/Predators), they released a series of statues titled Signature Series.

The only ones that made into production were the Alien, Alien Warrior and Queen Alien.
Very cool stuff for the time.

There was a rumor of a Predator Sig Series statue, but Pali closed it's doors before it ever happened.

But, here's your chance to see what that statue was going to look like.

This prototype sculpt is up for auction (not mine) for a mere $2400.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220561278950&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Here are some pics of the prototype and some of the painted master sculpt to show what it would have looked like.

Yeah, it's not Cinemaquette quality for sure...but hey, back then it was all we had to look forward to.

InfestedGoat

Eh it's not bad looking, it sure beats the awful Alien signature statue; but it's not as amazing as the Aliens warrior signature statue. That thing is so amazing looking!

Mr. Domino

I rather like the Alien Signature Series statue. Actually, I like it better than this guy. Mind you, he still looks pretty alright, but I'm a bit partial to Palisades' Big Chap.

InfestedGoat

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Mar 10, 2010, 12:19:38 AM
I rather like the Alien Signature Series statue. Actually, I like it better than this guy. Mind you, he still looks pretty alright, but I'm a bit partial to Palisades' Big Chap.

Off topic: But how can you like the Alien Signature statue? It has a random tan spot on one knee, the texture is all bumpy and weird, the teeth are just totally wrong, and the pose it like it just sneezed. I'm sorry but that is one of the palisades statues that I could not add to my collection (even though I just saw someone on ebay that was selling it with a buy it now for like 75 dollars)

ridetofight

Quote from: InfestedGoat on Mar 10, 2010, 03:48:49 PM

Off topic: But how can you like the Alien Signature statue? It has a random tan spot on one knee, the texture is all bumpy and weird, the teeth are just totally wrong, and the pose it like it just sneezed. I'm sorry but that is one of the palisades statues that I could not add to my collection (even though I just saw someone on ebay that was selling it with a buy it now for like 75 dollars)

cus its all a matter of opinion and personal preference. you're entitled to your own too, no need to apologize for it, just don't assume others should share it.

InfestedGoat

Quote from: ridetofight on Mar 10, 2010, 06:42:28 PM
Quote from: InfestedGoat on Mar 10, 2010, 03:48:49 PM

cus its all a matter of opinion and personal preference. you're entitled to your own too, no need to apologize for it, just don't assume others should share it.

Not a personal attack against against you (I can't tell if you took it as one though [one of the many flaws of the internet]) <3 I've just never heard someone say something positive about it before. If you like it, then, then rock on man  ;D

Mr. Domino

[offtopic]

I'll admit, the knee is a bit weird, never quite got that, but I love the pose. Frankly, I've got enough aliens in various "attack" poses. The sig series statue was in a fittingly creepy pose, seemingly saying "yeah, I'm gonna kill you, but I'm gonna take my sweet time getting to it". I'm not a particular fan of the bumpy texture, but it works to hide imperfections really well in something made of polystone (or was it porcelain? either way) like this was.

[/offtopic]

Anybody else notice how his right hand isn't really connected?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed