Cryptozoology

Started by Ratchetcomand, Mar 07, 2010, 09:34:24 PM

Author
Cryptozoology (Read 42,684 times)

The PredBen

The PredBen

Fake photos to make cash and a story aren't approved of by acutal cryptozologists.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And I'm not sure "actual cryptozoologists", assuming such a thing even exists, could take a proper photo themselves. The story part though comes rather easily.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

People really think that jersey devils exist? I always thought they where just stories.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's what cryptozoology is: stories.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Most Cryptozologists aren't under educated " fake Scientists ".

Loren Colemen ( wholes leading cryptozologist ) is a very educated man and a proffesor at Southern Maine Univeristiy.

Cryptozology isn't a " story " acutally. Obviously some of it is ridiculous Loren Coleman even claimed the Jersey Devil wasn't real.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I believe in the Loch Ness Monster, but I don't believe in Jersey Devils though. I doubt any animal from hell exist here on Earth.

Puks

Puks

Quoteanimal from hell

???

Weren't you playing Doom3 a little too often?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 10, 2010, 08:58:17 PM
Fake photos to make cash and a story aren't approved of by acutal cryptozologists.
Of course they are. They supply a means of income and a clear picture would reveal too much of the creature's features, like seams, glue, etc.

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 10, 2010, 09:32:53 PM
Most Cryptozologists aren't under educated " fake Scientists ". Loren Colemen ( wholes leading cryptozologist ) is a very educated man and a proffesor at Southern Maine Univeristiy.
Even well-educated scientists lose focus and tend to follow their emotions instead of data.

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 10, 2010, 09:32:53 PM
Cryptozology isn't a " story " acutally.
No, but alot of it is based on stories.

darcevil

darcevil

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 10, 2010, 09:48:04 PM
I believe in the Loch Ness Monster

There isn't enough food in the lake to support a population of Loch Ness Monsters.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Migration maybe?

maledoro

maledoro

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's open up to theories.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 11, 2010, 01:18:50 PM
It's open up to theories.
No, it isn't. In order for it to be, the theories would have to be:

Consistent

Parsimonious (sparing in its proposed entities or explanations)

Useful (describes and explains observed phenomena, and can be used predictively)

Empirically testable and falsifiable

Based on multiple observations, often in the form of controlled, repeated experiments

Correctable and dynamic (modified in the light of observations that do not support it)

Progressive (refines previous theories)

Provisional or tentative (is open to experimental checking, and does not assert certainty)

For any theory, hypothesis or conjecture to be considered scientific, it must meet most, and ideally all, of these criteria. The fewer criteria are met, the less scientific it is; and if it meets only a few or none at all, then it cannot be treated as scientific in any meaningful sense of the word.

The existence of Nessie alone meets only one criterion. Kinda hard to form a theory when its subject is MIA.

Puks

Puks

I love the way Mal kicks ass in this thread.

Godspeed to you!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Before 1938 we didn't know of surviving Coelacanths, before 2002 we didn't know of Mantophasmatodea, and mainly, before the actual discover, Okapi was considered a strange creature.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed