Alien Prequel Will Be Shot in 3D

Started by Darkoo, Mar 05, 2010, 06:11:03 AM

Author
Alien Prequel Will Be Shot in 3D (Read 11,828 times)

Darkoo

Darkoo

Shadowlocked has confirmed with Star Wars and Alien art-director Roger Christian that Ridley Scott's  upcoming Alien prequel will be shot in 3D.

Christian, who ran into Ridley at a recent film festival, hopes to work on the film, and breifly experessed his excitement for the project:

"Ridley told me some of his ideas when we were here in Toronto. He has a very clear understanding of where this should go. They kind of stopped dead one of the greatest horror franchises there's ever been, and it had legs to go on. So I'm hoping he'll revive another three. The world certainly wants it, and the fans want it - everybody."

Read more: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel Will Be Shot in 3D | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/03/04/ridley-scotts-alien-prequel-will-be-shot-in-3d/#ixzz0hHPmkRLb

Corporal Hicks

It doesn't actually say anywhere else in the article about it being 3D. They don't provide a quote from him or anything.  ::)

Highland

Highland

If this is true, I'd imagine the home planet will come into play. Can't imagine 3D space ship corridors being very impressive.

Not sure about this idea at all.  :o

Purebreedalien

3D isn't a must, but I'm happy we actually have some more news on the Prequel.  :)

ScardyFox

I'm not a big fan of 3D in movies, the only exception to that (for me) has been Avatar. I prefer traditional movie looks in horror. I can't help but place the idea of Aliens in this instance, when the Marines first head into the cocooned area of the complex... if that had been in 3D/green screen, it would not have been anywhere near as impressive.

Dunno... I am mostly a creature of habit so maybe I am not giving it its fair shake... but if this turns out to be true I can't help but be disheartened in some fashion. Certainly no where near enough to even consider not seeing it... but still, such things just don't look as good as a well designed and made traditional set.

Federick Gonsa

Cool, Good to hear news on the prequel. Although I could live without the 3D, I like how they seem to be moving forwardand how they are working to create something diffferent from before.

Do you guys think that the prequel should stick to the suspense/action genre or do you think it would be better if Ridley did an epic in the vein of Avatar?

Master

Master

Meh. I don`t like 3D films cause my eyes hurts after watching one. I did enjoyed Avatar but don`t want every film to be 3D!

ScardyFox

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Mar 05, 2010, 08:23:55 AM
Do you guys think that the prequel should stick to the suspense/action genre or do you think it would be better if Ridley did an epic in the vein of Avatar?

Suspense action, anything but seems like it would peel too much away from the mystery that revolves around the Xeno.

locusta

locusta

Mind to differ between 3D and CG.

3D nowadays means the technique of filming with two cameras to gain stereoscopic effect.

CG is everything seen on screen which was not shot in camera but rendered in 3D or 2D (many, many effects are actually 2D postpro).

Here is talk about 3D (or wherever the rumor comes from)

If it is done well, I don´t mind. But I rather get an oldschool sifi horror movie. The story is most important.

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 05, 2010, 07:45:47 AM
It doesn't actually say anywhere else in the article about it being 3D. They don't provide a quote from him or anything.  ::)

corporal, it says so right here in the begining.

http://www.shadowlocked.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115:exclusive-alien-prequel-will-be-3d&catid=38:movie-news

"Ridley's doing the next Alien in 3D." Christian told me. You have to click on the source shadowlocked link to go to the original source.

Space Voyager

Quote from: locusta on Mar 05, 2010, 08:35:56 AMIf it is done well, I don´t mind. But I rather get an oldschool sifi horror movie. The story is most important.
That

Barminator89BE

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo don't mess it up, i've watched a lot of 3D movies and there was only one movie that i said you realy needed to see in 3D (avatar) the rest just sucked just keep alien 5 as the previous ones, 3D will ruin it......

Don't f**k up my favorite franchise

Highland

Highland

I've all of a sudden went from imagining this dark, single creature movie with a few main characters on some space freighter,  to a full scale planet war with aliens and jockey ships flying all over the place.....? Anyone else thinking Scott might be about to pull a move with this movie?

Surely he wouldn't?

O.W.L.F.

O.W.L.F.

3D?.... as i expected - as i was afriad of....thats definitely a bad step...although i stiil dont consider this as officially confirmed

dallevalle

i think its sweet we just gotta have to face the facts that 3d is the new thing so i dont get why people hate it ? it makes the movies looks so much better more alife if i can say that lol so for me this is great news :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed