Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, Feb 14, 2010, 05:34:49 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 89,362 times)

thrown_hammer

thrown_hammer

Quote from: Curse on Feb 17, 2010, 10:20:54 PM
i pre ordered my ps3 copy and didnt get my skins and my redemption code for the maps isnt valid, SEGA can f*ck themselves

Search. All the PS3 players have that problem. It is coming, so hold onto your codes.

Or PM me the codes for the extra maps cause Sega is jerx!  ;D

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Curse on Feb 17, 2010, 10:20:54 PM
i pre ordered my ps3 copy and didnt get my skins and my redemption code for the maps isnt valid, SEGA can f*ck themselves
The map codes go live Friday I think .

Jaermal

Jaermal

PC Review 
---------------

First off, I want to say that I liked the first two AVP games.  The first one I liked more than the second because I thought it had a better atmosphere.

Second... I think a lot of people expect too much from games these days.  If they're not a totally new look at a genre of a game type (like 1st Person Shooter), then people automatically think "I've seen stuff similar to this... lame..."

I admit I've only mostly played the demo, and then about an hour into the Marine Campaign... and one online game in a Team Deathmatch right before I had to leave for work.  I got stuck playing a marine (I prefer to be an alien) because the menu is a tad different than the demo and I didn't know where to click to change it... or Team DM automatically selects a race for you, but I think everyone else just knew what was going on and chose quicker.

(I'm playing only in the DirectX 9 version, I think.  I have a GTX 260 video card... and not the most beastly PC ever, but it runs it very nicely with high settings.)

Gameplay
-------------

Since I've only played roughly an hour into the Marine campaign, I can't speak much for story development, but I can say I was surprised with how much talking there is from fellow marines.

The main female character, I forget her name, moves around & talks about as much as Alyx from Half-Life 2... when she's around that is.  When she's not around, she's helping you out through radio chat.  I definately wasn't expecting that kind of cinematic feeling and depth from this game.  I was thinking that the characters wouldn't be so well animated.

The first marine areas do feel linear, but there isn't a whole lot you can do in games like this.  I mean, there are little side rooms that you can go into, but there's nothing really interesting to find besides maybe an occasional hidden Audio Journal or Health stuff.  It looks just like the movies though, I think... but they gave it a little bit of their own feel, and I love it so far.

The AI of the aliens has been impressive.  I keep hearing people mention bad AI in this game, but I can't imagine why... so far anyway. 

Aliens will lean away from gunfire while running on walls... I've had one run at me down a hall way, jump on the side wall, then actually run 15 feet past me along the wall in order to swing around and try to get me from the side... instead of just attacking me as soon as it got within melee range.

They'll stop in dark places as well.  I've had 2 aliens coming from different directions, one stopped... so I turned to look for the other, I killed it, and by that time the one behind me had snuck up on me.  XD  Pretty scary and cool.

They also remind me of zombies from Left 4 Dead, as they rarely run straight at you.  They kinda run in a curve around your side sometimes, then step in to claw you.

The only downside I've seen is that they sometimes jump from wall to wall too much when you use little burst fires against them... like, they'll be in one spot, you'll fire, they jump to a side wall... you fire again, and they hop back right where they were to start with.

And... I think it's too easy to knock aliens away.  That's fine though, you get overrun pretty easily, so without that knockback you'd die pretty frequently.

Anyway, that's pretty much it... I'm pleasantly surprised so far.  (I might add more later)

-= Jaermal

Curse

Curse

either way gamestop assh*les didnt give me my skins did u guys get ur facehugger broken

ShadowStalker

ShadowStalker

Quote from: Curse on Feb 17, 2010, 11:10:37 PM
either way gamestop assh*les didnt give me my skins did u guys get ur facehugger broken

Lol just plant a facehugger in one of their houses and watch chaos ensue! That will teach them!  ::)

xboxgamer4life

xboxgamer4life

have only played 1 survival match and im ranked 30th altime on 3 block. lasted for 22 minutes. and in the top 100 only 3 guys got more kills then me. its so awsome

Maxyboy

Maxyboy

Quote from: Mikey on Feb 15, 2010, 10:00:41 PM
This is a review of the instruction manual...

They used an image of the Plush Facehugger...

Really?
Come on now...
Cheapskates...

xboxgamer4life

xboxgamer4life

the biggest problem for me is searching for ranked matches. i cant find any. i like how the unranked is set up. i want to be able to browse the games. also theree seams to be a glitch. my guy is a level 15 and i havent played a single ranked match

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well I've completed the Aliens campaign and I've just finished the 2nd level of the marine campaign. I enjoyed the Aliens campaign but I do have to agree with the majority and say the lack of a more substantial story was a bit disappointing but I thoroughly enjoy the Alien gameplay mechanics.

But the Marine campaign. f**k me, loaded with atmosphere. I love fighting through the Refinery. I'm shitting it due to the tension but so f**king impressed/happy at how it plays.

Freelance

Freelance

Quote from: Redskins on Feb 17, 2010, 06:45:44 PM
Well I'm sad  :'(

The store I pre-orderd from, had a shipping error and only recieved PS3 copies of the game, the 360 and more importantly for me the PC version will arrive in another 3 days.

And if thats not worse enough, I have a flu :P

Are you from Canada too? I'm in Ontario and the store I've pre-ordered from said the same thing you said, except for the 'arriving in 3 days' part. They have no clue when it's coming in. I'm a sad panda right now :(

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

Quote from: Freelance on Feb 18, 2010, 02:16:09 AM

The store I pre-orderd from, had a shipping error and only recieved PS3 copies of the game, the 360 and more importantly for me the PC version will arrive in another 3 days.

Are you from Canada too? I'm in Ontario and the store I've pre-ordered from said the same thing you said, except for the 'arriving in 3 days' part. They have no clue when it's coming in. I'm a sad panda right now :(

Dang I have some friends on by xbox live that I always play online with and they got the game early in canada from some store lol.

Alfredtrek88

Alfredtrek88

I was wondering regarding the multiplayer, is it true that you cannot choose your species unless in deathmatch? What is that all about? 

Redskins

Redskins

Quote from: Freelance on Feb 18, 2010, 02:16:09 AM

That would be me, Canadian born, and Ontario raised. Mabye it was a mass thing then.

Ya, I called in the release date to see if somebody else could pick up my pre-order for me, since I got a huge flu (still), then he mentioned they haven't gotten it in but they should have it tomorrow or in the next 3 days. I call in tomorrow/today, he says not today, call back tomorrow :(

It sucks, I have like 5 friends all playing the game saying how awesome and amazing it is while I'm stuck on a couch at home watching movies all day throwing up.

It's obvious who has the better situation here...  :-\

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

The Marine campaign is pretty awesome.

Rated-rsuperstar

Rated-rsuperstar

Quote from: Alfredtrek88 on Feb 18, 2010, 03:26:18 AM
I was wondering regarding the multiplayer, is it true that you cannot choose your species unless in deathmatch? What is that all about?

You can choose your species in deathmatch and mixed species team deathmatch. Team deathmatch is chosen for you. And I can't remember what the option is for domination.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed